REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 02-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #2226
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Not for me. My main reasons to jailbreak

Bitesms
Zephyr
Sbsettings

iPhone 5 Jailbreak Tweaks You Should Try Right Now! | Redmond Pie
Posted via RS Mobile
Mine are...

Sbsettings
Bitesms
Installous/Appcake/Vshare
OpenSSH - I ftp all my games, ringtones, text tones and themes directly onto my phone as I keep backups. The transfer time is way quicker than downloading, I download it to my computer then upload to my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
So without installous anymore what's the point? Just customization?
Posted via RS Mobile
You can still use installous to install games, you just can't use it to search for stuff. If you get OpenSSH and ftp all the games onto your phone like I do, it still works. You just need to turn on airplane mode then start the app then turn off airplane mode so you don't get that pop up error. This is the locaton that installous downloads to go. Upload your apps here private/var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads. For those who use appcake, this is the download location for that private/var/mobile/Documents/Downloads

Enjoy!
Advertisement
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #2227
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Any apps to watch chinese drama/movies/etc?
Any QVOD players.. Like this one

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/duo-...504776703?mt=8

Then all you have to do is use it like a browser.. go to the sites that has the Chinese drama/movies that can be viewed by QVOD..

Some sites you can try are..

33md.com
tom365.com
Posted via RS Mobile
scoobyej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #2228
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
So I recently lost my phone due to drunkenness.... my old ip5 was fully unlocked as I do need to travel quite abit. the new ip5 i got on contract now is lock to fido. This is my first locked phone in years, I will be going to hk in april and would like to use my lock ip5 there. What are the unlock options for ip5 right now? Those website that sent unlock codes are they scams? Did fido change their policy about whether they would unlock phones on contract?
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 AM   #2229
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

are there any keyboard apps? i want to change the template.. make the keys bigger
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #2230
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
So I recently lost my phone due to drunkenness.... my old ip5 was fully unlocked as I do need to travel quite abit. the new ip5 i got on contract now is lock to fido. This is my first locked phone in years, I will be going to hk in april and would like to use my lock ip5 there. What are the unlock options for ip5 right now? Those website that sent unlock codes are they scams? Did fido change their policy about whether they would unlock phones on contract?
You can unlock your phone starting in March through you carrier 90 days after activation.. $50 unlock fee..

Good luck..

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carrier...tion-in-march/
Posted via RS Mobile
scoobyej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2013, 02:22 AM   #2231
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyej20 View Post
You can unlock your phone starting in March through you carrier 90 days after activation.. $50 unlock fee..

Good luck..

Rogers to Unlock Cellphones 90 Days After Activation in March [Update] | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource
Posted via RS Mobile
PERFECT!

Got my phone in November and will need it unlocked for the Summer
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #2232
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
I was searching up on fido and rogers iphones and it says that it an iphone 5 is brand new, then it only becomes locked once you activate it.
So I can buy an iphone 5 from rogers, activate it with my fido sim, and it would henceforth be locked to fido. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #2233
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
I was searching up on fido and rogers iphones and it says that it an iphone 5 is brand new, then it only becomes locked once you activate it.
So I can buy an iphone 5 from rogers, activate it with my fido sim, and it would henceforth be locked to fido. Can anyone confirm this?
This is true as long as you ensure your Fido SIM is the very first one to go in the phone (make sure the rep doesn't activate it)

I believe this is the same with all iPhones but for sure Rogers/Fido works in this way
Posted via RS Mobile
aznkev03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #2234

Alright. Then it would be perfectly safe for me to buy a rogers iPhone 5 off craigslist so long that its sealed.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #2235
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I have a question about Rogers/Fido new device unlocking policy... How to unlock your phone with Rogers | Rogers RedBoard

I have an iPhone 5 that I bought at launch and want to go through Fido for a legit permanent unlock. What happens if my phone is damaged/faulty and is replaced inside/outside of warranty? Will my replacement phone from the Apple Genius Bar also be factory unlocked?

My goal is to take my iPhone 5 with me when traveling in the US. I used to use AT&T pre-paid but then no longer allow iPhones on their pre-paid network. T-Mobile is another option but Roam Mobility seems like the winner (they are Canadian and use the T-Mobile network). For $3-4 a day you get unlimited talk and 100MB per day... Talk+Text+Data - US Roaming Plans - Roam Mobility
skholla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #2236
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
+ 1 to Roam. Used them 3 times now with both the 3 day and 7 day packages. T-mobile prepaid is cheaper BUT you don't have unlimited calling back home and setting up a Google Talk account is doable but tedious. Roam has also dropped their prices recently so thats a plus. Used my Galaxy Nexus and wifi tethered to my locked Rogers IP5 and it worked awesome. But I did kill 700mb in like 3 days. Rumour has it that in major cities, T-Mobile has adopted some of the other US companies towers in a sharing scheme and unlocked iPhones will be able to access the 3G networks. For now my pentaband Nexus will do.
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #2237
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skholla View Post
I have a question about Rogers/Fido new device unlocking policy... How to unlock your phone with Rogers | Rogers RedBoard

I have an iPhone 5 that I bought at launch and want to go through Fido for a legit permanent unlock. What happens if my phone is damaged/faulty and is replaced inside/outside of warranty? Will my replacement phone from the Apple Genius Bar also be factory unlocked?

My goal is to take my iPhone 5 with me when traveling in the US. I used to use AT&T pre-paid but then no longer allow iPhones on their pre-paid network. T-Mobile is another option but Roam Mobility seems like the winner (they are Canadian and use the T-Mobile network). For $3-4 a day you get unlimited talk and 100MB per day... Talk+Text+Data - US Roaming Plans - Roam Mobility
If you get it unlocked by Fido/Rogers and you get the phone repaired/replaced, phone may come back locked and they don't have to unlock it for you again free of charge but I'm sure if you call them and explain they'd understand, since they'd need to verify with apple your new device IMEI did come from a replacement, thereby confirming your story is true.

However, I hear that if you get the replacement done at the apple store, they will replace your phone with an unlocked one if you remember to tell them that it's been carrier unlocked.

I had a friend who had a Rogers iPhone carrier unlocked with a Telus SIM and when they replaced it, they put his SIM in and realized it didn't work so gave him one that did
Posted via RS Mobile
aznkev03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #2238

any apps that have the blackberry keyboard feature, swipe to delete words?
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #2239

To follow up, I got the brand new sealed rogers iphone 5 and activated it with my fido nano sim no problem. Thanks aznkev03
Old 03-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #2240
RS controls my life!

I'm getting desperate and I need help.

I've been on 4.3.3 for the longest time ever and tonight I decided to update to the current firmware 6.1.2. Backed up my contacts and apps/cydia apps and started the update via iTunes. iTunes downloads the "software update" and restores my phone. Now its stuck in recovery mode, the screen with the iTunes logo and a usb. I've tried the "restore iphone.." option and that doesn't work. Whichever option I choose, iTunes will repeatedly download the "software update" and does absolutely nothing afterwards. I've tried updating and restoring in DFU mode as well but that doesn't work either..

Someone please help?
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #2241
easy e

^ jtrihn, when I had that problem last week, I restarted my computer and tried a different USB port. [ip4, MacBook, 6.1.2, followed by a jb using Evasi0n] YMMV.
Posted via RS Mobile
saiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #2242
GC8

Thanked 1,146 Times in 121 Posts

little frustrating... my icloud is full and I have like everything off in my storage setting ie photos. any idea how I can find out what "other" is using. I think this happened after jailbreaking

thanks!
GC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #2243
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

its jailbroken stuff, files that sit inside apps like pdfs or avi's or mkv's

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #2244
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
APPLE’S new iPhone 6 could come with a Smart Pen, according to the rumour mill.
So IF apple releases the iphone6 with a stylus, will they sue samsung or other company(s) for having it aswell??
Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #2245

I hope it doesn't come with a stylus - I personally hate using them. Phone stylus' feel like a step backwards towards Palm Pilots. I can't imagine Jobs would have approved of one either.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #2246
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
^^ lol "we are going touch this with our fingers!"
Old 03-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #2247

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
IGN free game of the month:
Walking Dead: Assault
limited time promo until they hit the max giveaway.
link within article
Old 03-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #2248
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
APPLE’S new iPhone 6 could come with a Smart Pen, according to the rumour mill.
So IF apple releases the iphone6 with a stylus, will they sue samsung or other company(s) for having it aswell??
Probably. They'll come up with some story about how steve jobs knew some dude who slept with some chick who worked for some company in the 1920's that failed to pay some other company whose boss had an idea back in 1915 about how great it would be if they had pens that worked digitally on some sort of electronic device that wouldnt exist for another 80 years.
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #2249
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
just got my free custom otterbox defender case and pursuit 20 case for free as well
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #2250

Are most aftermarket lightning cables capable of charging yet? I remember apple doing something with the cable so it can't be cloned.