REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
NFL Thread

Thought I'd give this thread a shot; Discuss trades, pick-ups, injuries, player updates, etc. etc....

I'll start simply by posting my team and where in the draft I got each player in my 1/2 PPR league:

1. Darren McFadden RB - OAK (PICK 8)
2. Jimmy Graham TE - NO (PICK 17)
3. Darren Sproles RB - NO (PICK 32)
4. Dez Bryant WR - DAL (PICK 41)
5. Percy Harvin WR - MIN (PICK 56)
6. Jeremy Maclin WR - PHI (PICK 65)
7. Cedric Benson RB - GB (PICK 80)
8. C.J. Spiller RB - BUF (PICK 89)
9. Ben Roethlisberger QB - PIT (PICK 104)
10. New York Giants DEF (PICK 113)
11. Jacquizz Rodgers RB - ATL (PICK 128)
12. Alex Henery K - PHI (PICK 137)
13. Randall Cobb WR - GB (PICK 152)
14. Jon Baldwin WR - KC (PICK 161)
15. Josh Freeman QB - TB (PICK 176)

League settings are standard, other than 1/2 point per reception.

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 Defense, 1 Kicker with 6 on the bench.
Advertisement
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #2

Wow interesting that nobody here plays FF....I guess cause we're in Canada...
Old 09-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

this is the first year that i am not playing. just lost interest. peyton manning looked good yesterday. gonna be tough for colts fan to watch if luck doesn't pan out. RG3 looking real good too!
TPMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
In my circle of friends, acquintances and coworkers, NFL and fantasy football is huge. It's all anyone talks about, even more than NHL.

In 3 fantasy leagues and a survivor pool, heres my main PPR team (8 team league, h2h)

(8) Calvin Johnson
(9) Chris Johnson
(24) Ryan Mathews
(25) Mike Wallace
(40) DeMarco Murray
(41) Trent Richardson
(56) Vincent Jackson
(57) Doug Martin
(72) Demaryius Thomas
(73) Michael Vick
(88) Dwayne Bowe
(89) Reggie Wayne
(104) Tony Gonzalez
(105) Seattle
(120) Matt Prater

Post week 1 observations from my roster, watching the Bucs game, Doug Martin really impressed me, kid is good. CJ2k, was useless, he has been since holding out and getting his fat contract, but the Titans horrid oline and abandoning the run didn't help, I think I will sit him week 2 anyways. Vjack frustrated me, so many dropped balls. I'm putting in a waiver claim for CJ Spiller with Fred Jackson injured again, thinking of dropping Richardson for him.

On the betting side I had 6 parlay tickets out this weekend, only hit on 1 of them. Would've hit big on one of my money line ticket that I had upset picks of the Redskins and Niners, but the fucking Eagles fucked me playing like shit, especially Vick, vs a useless Browns team.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,580 Times in 4,297 Posts
Went 2-0 yesterday in both of my leagues. I picked Matt Ryan with my 3rd pick out of 12 teams and all of my buddies were laughing at me for choosing him so early. The 32 points he got me last night gave me a pretty good laugh.

Here's my one team, had a live draft and I got to pick 9th. Got Megatron as my first pic and then I grabbed Demarco and then Ryan

Matt Ryan
Calvin Johnson
Percy Harvin
DeMarco Murray
Michael Turner
Aaron Hernandez
Josh Freeman
Garrett Hartley
Philadelphia

Bench

Vincent Jackson
Cedric Benson
Nate Washington
Greg Little
Dustin Keller
New England
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
RS.net PIMP

^^^ Ryan is going to be money this year, Falcons pass game with Ryan, Julio, Roddy and Gonzalez is insane, new greatest show on turf IMO. For that reason I think Turner is going to be a disappointment, he's been regressing every year too.

IMO Julio and AJ Green are going to be the next 2 star wideouts, up there with Megatron
Old 09-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
In RS I Trust

Thats my thought exactly and why I picked him. It was either between Ryan or Vick and of course I had to go with someone I can relay on. Turner sure layed up some bricks yeterday hopefully he picks up next game cause I'm sure lacking a second decent RB right now.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Not in any special league... just the normal yahoo fantasy pool

did the auction draft this year.... not bad though I wish I got more depth

Budget $200

1. (5) Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K) $2
2. (14) Antonio Brown (Pit - WR) $16
3. (59) Beanie Wells (Ari - RB) $4
4. (33) LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB) $45
5. (38) Andre Johnson (Hou - WR) $33
6. (48) Wes Welker (NE - WR) $31
7. (56) Antonio Gates (SD - TE) $19
8. (65) Brandon Lloyd (NE - WR) $16
9. (79) LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB) $1
10. (82) Tony Romo (Dal - QB) $13
11. (103) Shonn Greene (NYJ - RB) $3
12. (104) Baltimore (Bal - DEF) $3
13. (108) Owen Daniels (Hou - TE) $3
14. (109) Nate Washington (Ten - WR) $1
15. (119) Joe Flacco (Bal - QB) $3

Unused $7

dropped Blount right after though and picked up Ingram from waivers

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Went 2-0 yesterday in both of my leagues. I picked Matt Ryan with my 3rd pick out of 12 teams and all of my buddies were laughing at me for choosing him so early. The 32 points he got me last night gave me a pretty good laugh.
Not sure why they'd laugh at you picking Matt Ryan in the 3rd round since that's exactly where his average draft pick was....

Quote:
Here's my one team, had a live draft and I got to pick 9th. Got Megatron as my first pic and then I grabbed Demarco and then Ryan

Matt Ryan
Calvin Johnson
Percy Harvin
DeMarco Murray
Michael Turner
Aaron Hernandez
Josh Freeman
Garrett Hartley
Philadelphia

Bench

Vincent Jackson
Cedric Benson
Nate Washington
Greg Little
Dustin Keller
New England
How on earth did the best WR in the league drop all the way to 9th overall....

lol anyway, I like Ryan, Megatron, Harvin, Murray, Hernandez....Hernandez could even possibly end up being the top TE in the league this year....Not a fan at all of Turner this year; Freeman is w/e, a low-end QB2 right now IMO. Vincent Jackson will probably drive you crazy....one week he'll go off for 30FP, then next week he'll get you 5.....
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

^
calvin johnson at 9th round? wtf
i was thinkin the same thing

heres my team

m vick
a foster
a peterson
andre johnson
d bowe
j maclin
a gates

r wayne
vince jackson
sidney rice
cj spiller (w)
a. morris (w)

san fran d
akers k

im leading so far. I had a big weekend . Im happy with my team barring injuries
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx7rrrr View Post
^
calvin johnson at 9th round? wtf
i was thinkin the same thing
Not 9th round....9th overall...I didn't think he'd go past 7th in any draft.

Quote:
heres my team

m vick
a foster
a peterson
andre johnson
d bowe
j maclin
a gates

r wayne
vince jackson
sidney rice
cj spiller (w)
a. morris (w)

san fran d
akers k

im leading so far. I had a big weekend . Im happy with my team barring injuries
How many people in your league? How was Spiller not drafted....I drafted Spiller in the 8th round and Alfred Morris was drafted in my league in the 13th round....
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
In RS I Trust

No clue what Megatron was left that long but boy was I happy. I actually think that I picked Ryan 2nd pick not 3rd but I'm pretty happy with my team. Makes football to exciting it's great.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #13

Quote:
No clue what Megatron was left that long but boy was I happy. I actually think that I picked Ryan 2nd pick not 3rd but I'm pretty happy with my team. Makes football to exciting it's great.
I feel ya....I have no idea how I landed RUN DMC at 8th overall....one idiot in my league picked AP 5th overall....Sure, he could very well end up being a top 5 fantasy player, but it's a stupid pick considering that his ADP was in the 3rd round....Could've easily gotten him in the 2nd round if he wanted to reach for him...
Old 09-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
In RS I Trust

Second pick in my league was Gronk, so mindblown it was great
Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Second pick in my league was Gronk, so mindblown it was great
That makes no sense in any way whatsoever....What a retard.......He's not even the best TE....

BTW, try to buy low on Wes Welker, Trent Richardson, Jacquizz Rodgers, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Victor Cruz, and Hakeem Nicks after this weeks performances.....It's only a matter of time that Rodgers replaces Turner in the starting line-up.

If Randall Cobb is still available in your league, pick him up.

Sell high on Alfred Morris, Stephen Hill, James Jones, Shonn Greene, and Frank Gore.

Last edited by bballguy; 09-10-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #16
RS.net PIMP

While Richardson is talented, my concern with him is he is the Browns only legit weapon, Weedon and McCoy are horrid, so opposing Ds will just keeping stacking up the box against the Browns making it tough sledding for an RB. Browns' oline is also pretty horrid and Richardson is probably 3-4 weeks behind everyone else with all the time he missed due to knee surgery. With CJ Spiller on waivers in my main pool, I think I gotta waive Richardson for Spiller
Old 09-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
While Richardson is talented, my concern with him is he is the Browns only legit weapon, Weedon and McCoy are horrid, so opposing Ds will just keeping stacking up the box against the Browns making it tough sledding for an RB. Browns' oline is also pretty horrid and Richardson is probably 3-4 weeks behind everyone else with all the time he missed due to knee surgery. With CJ Spiller on waivers in my main pool, I think I gotta waive Richardson for Spiller
You have to keep in mind that he is coming off a preseason in which he didn’t practice much due to his knee scope. The fact of the matter is that he is pretty good and he is going to be the workhorse back and those guys are rare.

Also keep in mind that they were playing against a pretty strong Eagles defense and that their QB turned in an all-time inept performance....all these things make him a great buy-low candidate...He should turn in a much better game next week against the Bengals.

That said, I don't see who else you could drop....Based on your draft, your league has confused me....Why would you take Mike Wallace at 25...How does Murray drop all the way to 40....How does Vick drop to 73...Bowe at 89....Gonzalaz at 104...Most of these picks are going over 30 picks after when they should've been picked.....Are your league settings standard?

Last edited by bballguy; 09-11-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #18

Like I said......Trent Richardson: 135 yards, 2 touchdowns.......
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #19
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
That said, I don't see who else you could drop....Based on your draft, your league has confused me....Why would you take Mike Wallace at 25...How does Murray drop all the way to 40....How does Vick drop to 73...Bowe at 89....at 104...Most of these picks are going over 30 picks after when they should've been picked.....Are your league settings standard?
Standard yahoo scoring league, pretty standard league settings, no flex position. Took Wallace at 25 cause he has solid deep threat ability, bonus points for 40+ yd tds and I have a hunch he'll be playing hard for that new contract he's trying to get, solid 13.4pts for me today. Demarco I suspect dropped based on low sample size he had last year, others went for more proven bets. Vick actually dropped in a lot of leagues, with his injury concerns, many questioning his ability to even play half the year. Bowe surprised he slipped that low too but he was a holdout and having Cassels as his QB doesn't help and with WR options pretty deep this season. Gonzalez, a lot of people saved drafting TE till late rounds aside from Gronks/Graham/Hernandez, after that tier, lots of good TE in the same fantasy point ranges.

TRich had a good day, but personally would want to see him and specifically the Browns oline throw together some consistent weeks before having him as a weekly must start with my RB depth. At this point, CJ2k might need to get cut.

Up 10 points right now on my opponent, he has Hanson playing right now and Ryan tmw. I've got Megatron going right now and Thomas, Gonzalez and Prater going tmw, I should be safe. Seattle D (17pts) and Spiller (29pts) came up huge for me this week.

Hit on a $10 parlay ticket today, payout was $1,045, leading in my main fantasy league, my Seahawks won, good NFL weekend so far for me.

Last edited by 7seven; 09-16-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #20

spiller 2 td 130 yards
Old 09-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #21
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
spiller 2 td 130 yards
170 all purpose yards and 2 TDs for Spiller. Other fantasy studs this week, Eli, RG3, Reggie Bush and Dalton
Old 09-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
170 all purpose yards and 2 TDs for Spiller. Other fantasy studs this week, Eli, RG3, Reggie Bush and Dalton
Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Danny Amendola, etc.

I lost this week by 1.6 fantasy points....It came down to my kicker, Jason Hanson who missed a field goal by hitting the post once, dropping down and then hitting the crossbar, and finally dropping out.......It would've given me 3 more points.....

McFadden and Dez were completely shut down as well which fucked me over.....
Old 09-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #23

Fucking ben tate took 2 touchdowns from my guy foster. Texans have scary running game
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Fucking ben tate took 2 touchdowns from my guy foster. Texans have scary running game
Posted via RS Mobile
You're going to see a lot of that this year....They are going to give Tate a lot more touches this season.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #25

Shit, I knew I should've picked up Martellus Bennett.....I was going to pick him, but hesitated because I didn't need him (because I have Jimmy Graham), but was only going to pick him up so that nobody else could grab it....few days later, and sure enough, someone snatched him up...