REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #101
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
It was only a matter of time for Charles to get hurt, every year.
wat?...he's played the full season except for one since he's been in the league...so since 2008, he's been fairly healthy except for one injury back in 2011 or some shit...
Advertisement
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:46 AM   #102
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm crying about Charles right now
I know that feel, I missed him getting hurt because my cousin had come over. I sit down to watch the game and I'm like why the fuck is Davis running the ball, where is Charles? Davis again....what the fuck. Then I realize this isn't just a fatigue substitution.......

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #103
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
wat?...he's played the full season except for one since he's been in the league...so since 2008, he's been fairly healthy except for one injury back in 2011 or some shit...
Yea while he's dressed for all the games, since his major knee injury in 2011 where he missed 14 games, he's had to come out of I believe 3 games early in 2012 due to other injuries and I believe 1 last year while and missing 1 and playing with nagging issues. It seems he's always getting banged up here and there with all these issues.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #104

Peterson back for next week, discipline on hold until after the court case. After seeing the photo's I wouldn't have had a problem with them suspending him for the rest of the year and this is coming from a Vikings fan. We see it all the time but money talks and he puts butts in the seats, Vikes want to limit the impact on there bottom line.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 09-15-2014, 08:39 PM   #105
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Peterson back for next week, discipline on hold until after the court case. After seeing the photo's I wouldn't have had a problem with them suspending him for the rest of the year and this is coming from a Vikings fan. We see it all the time but money talks and he puts butts in the seats, Vikes want to limit the impact on there bottom line.
I think they need to wait until he is formally charged.. You can't just suspend people based on TMZ pics.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #106

I'm not a fan of people calling for Rice's and AP's heads....

48% of NFL player arrests for violent offenses come from domestic violence. Why aren't we calling for all their heads? 50% of women in the general public have reported being abused from a male partner - why aren't we calling for our coworkers to be fired? NFL players are humans with the same fundamental rights as everyone else. We have a justice system - which isn't perfect - but is the best method we have to adjudicate such matters and I don't think you should lose your job for domestic violence if an average person wouldn't.

AP was raised in such a way...he simply is disciplining his child the same way he was...Yeah, it's not how things are done nowadays, but he's simply doing what he thought was an effective way to discipline his child. Isn't teaching him other methods to do so a more effective way to deal with this situation than to call him a child abuser and call for his head? I think a ban, or even a long-term suspension from the NFL would be a ridiculous move by the NFL.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #107

Great MNF game! Eagles are one of the teams I follow more closely, I really like their style of quick play and running offense

I also like to see Luck lose games.. Although it's excruciating to listen to commentators fellate him for 2 hours straight, that makes it feel that much better in the end after he throws picks and loses the game
Old 09-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I think they need to wait until he is formally charged.. You can't just suspend people based on TMZ pics.
He has been charged, he hasn't been found guilty yet but he doesn't deny hitting him. I get what you're saying, innocent until proven guilty it is a slippery slope for sure. Perhaps what I should have said was I wouldn't have had an issue if they did suspend him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post

AP was raised in such a way...he simply is disciplining his child the same way he was...Yeah, it's not how things are done nowadays, but he's simply doing what he thought was an effective way to discipline his child. Isn't teaching him other methods to do so a more effective way to deal with this situation than to call him a child abuser and call for his head? I think a ban, or even a long-term suspension from the NFL would be a ridiculous move by the NFL.
This doesn't carry any weight for me, it doesn't matter how you were raised it doesn't excuse it. Vick was raised around dog fighting, no leniency was shown for him nor should it been. If someone was sexually abused as a child and then started sexually abusing their kid should they be treated with kiddie gloves because it's what they know? An extreme example but I really don't think it's that far off.

He's beat his kid, he's admitted to beating his kid whether he's been found guilty or not we all know he did it. I don't know what the punishment should be, I don't think his career should be over but I do think there needs to be some repercussions. I'm a huge AP fan on the field, I'm a Vikes fan, I have 3 Peterson Jersey's my son has Petersons Jersey's he's my favorite player in the league but I have no problem admitting what he did was full retard.

This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post

This doesn't carry any weight for me, it doesn't matter how you were raised it doesn't excuse it. Vick was raised around dog fighting, no leniency was shown for him nor should it been. If someone was sexually abused as a child and then started sexually abusing their kid should they be treated with kiddie gloves because it's what they know? An extreme example but I really don't think it's that far off.

He's beat his kid, he's admitted to beating his kid whether he's been found guilty or not we all know he did it. I don't know what the punishment should be, I don't think his career should be over but I do think there needs to be some repercussions. I'm a huge AP fan on the field, I'm a Vikes fan, I have 3 Peterson Jersey's my son has Petersons Jersey's he's my favorite player in the league but I have no problem admitting what he did was full retard.
What I'm trying to get at is that I think it's ridiculous that people are calling for Rice and AP to be banned for life. While I think what both have done is HORRIBLE, I think taking their livelihood away from them with no chance for redemption is a bit harsh.

I personally love dogs more than I love people, and even I have come to forgive Vick for what he's done. I believe he's sorry, and he's done what it took to redeem himself.

The same opportunity should lie ahead for AP and Rice...If they truly seem remorseful for their actions, a more reasonable punishment involving a medium-term suspension and anger-management/parenting classes should be put in place for them.

I'm only talking about how I feel the general public should feel about the situations. While what each has done is horrible, a first offense should not be unforgivable. That said, if the general public ends up looking at these acts as unforgivable, it obviously makes sense that the NFL bans him for life and that his endorsements get suspended as at the end of the day, that just comes down to making money.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #110

Vikings are losing sponsorships, and Peterson is as well.. He lost Castrol and apparently Nike are removing his products from their stores. Anheuser Bush issued a statement that they are unhappy with how NFL is handling things

So yeah, maybe they should have just canned him like the Ravens did
Old 09-16-2014, 11:34 PM   #111

The Vikings announced early Wednesday morning that they're placing Adrian Peterson on the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission list, requiring the running back to stay away from the team until further notice.
There's no mandatory length of stay on the list, but the Vikings indicated that Peterson would remain there "until the legal proceedings are resolved." Clearly, that suggests it'll be more than a one- or two-week matter.

Meanwhile....The NFLPA has officially filed an appeal on Ray Rice's indefinite suspension.
"The NFLPA appeal is based on supporting facts that reveal a lack of a fair and impartial process, including the role of the office of the Commissioner of the NFL. We have asked that a neutral and jointly selected arbitrator hear this case as the Commissioner and his staff will be essential witnesses in the proceeding and thus cannot serve as impartial arbitrators," reads the statement. It's just a formality at this point. Rice's hearing should be held within 10 days. Even if his suspension is reduced, Rice won't be playing in the NFL this season.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #112

The Vikings message board was shut down because the owner of it didn't like the way the Vikes handled it. I went to log in and it's down, did some searching looks like it's gone for good he's not bringing it back.

This has been blown up, the only thing worse then what AP did is how it was handled by the Vikings. I'm sure the original plan was finish the season and drag the court proceedings out until the off season but now they'll have to try and get it settled as soon as they can. IMO it's like 50/50 if he plays another game as a Viking, they may be forced to move him once it's resolved.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #113

Schefter reports the Vikings "intend to bring back" Adrian Peterson once his legal case is resolved.
Fantasy owners of A.P. are left in the dark as they wait for the court's decision. It's worth noting Peterson is a first-time offender with no known criminal background, so it's entirely possible he merely gets a slap on the wrist for punishing his son too harshly. Peterson's first court hearing is not until October 8, but expect his attorneys to push hard for a quick resolution.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #114
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Even once his court case is resolved, AP is expected to face a suspension from the NFL under the personal conduct policy, so I would not be shocked if he has played his last game as a Viking.

here we go again

Quote:
NFL Running Back Jonathan Dwyer Reportedly Investigated for Domestic Violence

Yet another NFL player is dealing with repercussions from a domestic abuse incident, the fourth such case to come to light this week. Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer was reportedly arrested for domestic violence on Wednesday, according to a report from 3TV anchor Tyler Baldwin. Dwyer was questioned by Phoenix police about an incident that occurred between he and his wife "a while ago." His wife kept "the records of her injuries" from that unspecified time.

According to CBS News, Dwyer was charged with aggravated assault and preventing someone from calling 911.
NFL Running Back Jonathan Dwyer Reportedly Investigated for Domestic Violence - The Wire
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:56 AM   #115
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Rooting for Denver today
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #116
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Freaking exciting games in Seattle

Go Denver~
Old 09-21-2014, 10:25 PM   #117

Fuck that was an exciting game! GO HAWKS!

Fuck the Broncos, fuck the 49ers, fuck the Steelers (going to watch that now!)
Old 09-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #118

This game dedicated to the RG3 haters
Old 04-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #119

Tom Brady's federal appeal [which allowed him to play the entire season last year] has been denied, and his suspension will take place this season

Old 04-25-2016, 09:37 AM   #120
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Tom Brady's federal appeal [which allowed him to play the entire season last year] has been denied, and his suspension will take place this season

Yeah a co-worker sent me an article from cbc.ca about the suspension being upheld for Brady. That dude is a Seahawks fan. I'm a Patriots fan. You can see what kind of troll job that guy was trying to set up for me.

Then I reminded that colleague that his Seahawks defence could not stop Tom Brady in Superbowl 49, and protect their 24-14 lead during the game. Brady threw 2 TDs, with league approved balls of course, to beat Seattle.

Honestly, I don't think Brady will give a rat's ass at the end of his career what NFL fans or the media will say about Deflategate, Spygate, or any cheating controversy associated with his Patriots. All that talk about tarnished legacy, blah, blah, blah, will mean squat because he still has four Superbowl championships.

Tom Brady will just show those rings to the media pundits and sour grapes fans to tell them to shut the fuck up.

You also can count on Tom to get his lawyers to appeal the ruling even if it needs to be escalated all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Last edited by pastarocket; 04-25-2016 at 09:46 AM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:44 PM   #121

I'm just glad that the athletes are being held accountable for cheating, even ones who are literally the biggest stars in the history of the sport.

I have nothing against Brady as a person or a player, I just think if you cheat and try to cover it up, you should get suspended. And he is!
Old 05-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #122
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:00 PM   #123

For fuck sakes, as a vikings fan this sucks donkey dick.

Quote:
Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer said there is no timetable for Bridgewater, though it's possible he will be ruled out for the season, per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. Zimmer said Bridgewater's chances of playing don't "look good right now," per Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com.

Zimmer called Bridgewater's knee injury "significant" and said the quarterback is still undergoing tests at the hospital, according to Tom Pelissero of USA Today.
Teddy Bridgewater Injury: Updates on Vikings Star's Knee and Recovery | Bleacher Report

Old 08-30-2016, 05:32 PM   #124
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
sucky time for QBs, romo busted up again, broncos have siemian as a starter, brady suspended...
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:38 PM   #125

Vikings traded for Bradford and did they ever give up a lot. If he can stay healthy and manage games it should work but Bradford never stays healthy..........I don't know, I'm very pessimistic but there better with him then without him.