REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 09-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Is anyone familiar with how langara transfer works?

Hey guys im currently at langara(first year) planning to transfer next year to sfu or ubc and i was wonder if it matters what courses you take to transfer into sfu/ubc as long as its transferable on the bctransferguide. Apparently you need at least 24 transferable credit, so does that mean that i can take anything(classes) that are transferable + req gpa and i can transfer to sfu/ubc?? as of now im only taking two courses (crim and macroecon) b/c im not sure what i want to do so i'm just exploring some courses.
Advertisement
dpham2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I think you also need to complete a required English and Math course if you are transferring into Arts.
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

What program are you trying to get into at SFU/UBC?

Beside math / English, there will be specific course requirements depending on the program.
dsot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Right now im thinking of going into sfu Criminology. i dont think theres a math/english requirements besides the W/Q/R.

do i need to complete all of the specific requirements? because i was thinking id get the 24 credits at langara than transfer into arts at sfu and if im missing any of the courses for the degree id complete them at SFU. Can't i do that?
dpham2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Yes. That's what I did. I got the minimum 24 credits and applied for transfer right away.

Though I really recommend taking your 1st year math courses at Langara if your math marks arent up to par with the 1st year math requriements at SFU. I had to take MATH 100 precal at SFU because I was too lazy to take it at Langara. I also recommend taking a course that transfers as a W course at Langara so you don't need to take FAL x99, another course that I had to take at SFU. While I did learn a lot about academic writing, i feel like I could have avoided it had I taken english 1127 or something.

Enjoy your stay at Langara, I know I did.
areyounoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

It varies upon program. Certain programs have certain course requirements. If it's just for SFU Crim I'd just get your first-year English done and then take some other courses to explore.
forthewinwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

@areyounoob

what did you transfer to? and what GPA did you have when you got accepted?
misterblu is offline   Reply With Quote