REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Support Forum > Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs

Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs 2016 RS.Net iT Admin: SkinnyPupp
Organizational feedback, general suggestions, account fix requests, concerns, acknowledgements, website and forum bugs & fixes. Support the site, by downloading the official RS App for Android!

Old 09-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Wheel For Sale Forum suggestion

Above all else that's important to a wheel is to know that it bolts to your hub with a given bolt pattern.

I rally for the movement of requiring the bolt pattern in the thread topic front and fucking center. I hate seeing great wheels with great offset and great wheel specs only to find out it's the wrong god-damn pattern for my car. Always makes me go and makes me feel like shit. This is one step just below getting cockblocked on the scale of feeling shitty.

Above all else, a wheel should at least be able to mount to the hub right? All else should be secondary, but still appreciated. If a bolt pattern doesn't fit on my car, I don't give a shit what tires are on it, or what the wheel size or width is if it doesn't fucking bolt up.

I imagine it would make everyones' lives easier if they didn't have to go through half the threads to find out it isn't the fucking right bolt pattern. It would also make searching through this shit a lot easier. People can use the browser search for 5x100 wherever it pops up in a thread title rather than using the forum search tool and wasting valuable bandwidth.

Having bolt pattern requirement in the wheels for sale is as essential as having a FS/FT/WTB to indicate first and foremost what the intent of the thread is and what you are intending to sell within the thread.

Please mods, make it fuckin' rain with my request.
Advertisement
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

oh and Offset too please.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
Thank you for your suggestion. Will have the mod team discuss this notion.
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
This title intentionally left blank MOD

It was always a requirement to have bolt pattern/size in the thread.

If we make it a requirement to have every single spec in the thread title, thread titles becomes increasingly larger to cover more content that is in the actual thread.

Also, almost every single thread without fail has the bolt pattern and offset in the first actual line of the thread so a simple mouseover brings up immediately the pertinent information that you're is asking us to include, redundantly, in the thread title itself.

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Thanks for the feedback Alatar. I understand that mouse over title will provide some quick information within the thread but with bolt patter and offset in the thread title, i wouldn't even have to do a mouse-over at all and i can just quickly scan with my eyeballs. Mobile RS doesn't even have this function and I'm certainly willing to bet money that a lot of people browse via mobile who would appreciate my suggestion. I myself browse RS less and less via sitting my ass at a computer and rather I surf on my phone.

As a RS member for over a decade (including the years that I've been lurking) I'd hope to add to everyone's browsing experience. I'm not arguing just for the sake of arguing and being a little bitch who wants his way. I wholeheartedly believe this will make everyones' lives easier.

As for the thread title being too long, I'll pull some active threads on the first page of the wheels for sale forum, these are the concrete examples I can come up with:

FS: Volk TE37 17" with tires
FS: 18" Advan RG2
FS: 4 - 19 x 8.5 BBS LM replicas with tires
Fs: SSR Reverse Mesh

VS

FS:2000-2005 Toyota Celica GT-S Stock Springs, A Set Of 4 In Box - PICS - $20
FS: 240sx S14 Rear HKS Hipermax II Coilovers w/ Spanner Wrench ~ CHEAP ~
FS: 06-11 Civic Tokico HTS Adjustable Shocks + Eibach Pro Kit Springs Combo

Compared with a thread title which I think is as near as ideal as i can possibly think of:

FS: Bronze RE30 replicas 5x114 18x8 +42 w/ almost new tires $700

how much more large would 9 characters (5X100 +35) be in a thread title for the first couple of titles that have almost no information in them? The absurdly long titles for things that aren't even wheels is longer than what I think is an ideal thread title.

What does that convert to in terms of bandwidth? A few bytes, vs me on a mobile phone having to click on the link to load pictures of wheels worth hundreds, if not, thousands of bytes of data that I can't even fit on my car.

Bottom line, it wastes my bandwidth, wastes RS's bandwidth.

I am sitting here using my time to try and improve the forum for the decade or so I've been here. I wouldn't have done so otherwise if I didn't give a shit about RS. I've purchased wheels off another member before and I appreciate the service that RS provides so I'm not just talking out my ass and I actually am in the market for new wheels at this time. It's just very frustrating to have to have all these work-arounds to get to the god damn point of what is being sold.

Thanks for your time.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
whoah whoah. Hold a moment there.

We appreciate the feedback back. Though Alatar has commented on this issue it is not the end of it. We'll be looking at an equitable solution.
Posted via RS Mobile
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote