REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   seafood restaurants (https://www.revscene.net/forums/673702-seafood-restaurants.html)

stewie 09-12-2012 11:48 AM

seafood restaurants

gf's bday is comming up, she loves seafood...me...not so much..

anyone know of any good downtown/west van/north van area restaurants that has unreal seafood but also a few other items on the menu not related to sea food?

knight604 09-12-2012 12:13 PM

Joe fortes

The boathouse

The coast

zx7rrrr 09-12-2012 12:18 PM

Blue water cafe . The best by far
Posted via RS Mobile

Traum 09-12-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx7rrrr (Post 8027513)
Blue water cafe . The best by far
Posted via RS Mobile

Blue Water Cafe is also $$$$ though, so keep that in mind.

lowside67 09-12-2012 12:47 PM

If price is no object, I don't think you can do better than Blue Water Cafe. Coast is not much cheaper but is also a nice place to go. I've also had a few good meals at the Salmon House in West Vancouver.

Mark

DD//M3 09-12-2012 12:50 PM

C restaurant for me. Romantic place. Good food. Excellent wine list. $$$

miss_crayon 09-12-2012 01:04 PM

Joe Fortes.
Rodneys, but it's a little bit more casual.
Sandbar
Monks

I'd pass on Boathouse. Shitty as EFF!

LSF22 09-12-2012 01:22 PM

Joe Fortes

Provence Marina side

Whet Bar

stewie 09-12-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD//M3 (Post 8027540)
C restaurant for me. Romantic place. Good food. Excellent wine list. $$$

are you reffering to coast restaurant?

price isnt really an option...its just dinner and a few drinks so its easily gonna be under 200$.

from the ones you guys have listed, how would you rate it romantic wise?
obviously we'd be dressed up so id like to at least eat in a place that will have the right vibe to it.

from the choices listed so far, blue water and coast seem to be the best ones, but im still open to find more restaurants, if it has a great view, then even better!!! my last resort plan is the revolving tower restaurant.

lowside67 09-12-2012 01:57 PM

Don't go to the revolving restaurant... it's got a nice view but not much else going on...

DD//M3 09-12-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8027581)
are you reffering to coast restaurant?

price isnt really an option...its just dinner and a few drinks so its easily gonna be under 200$.

from the ones you guys have listed, how would you rate it romantic wise?
obviously we'd be dressed up so id like to at least eat in a place that will have the right vibe to it.

from the choices listed so far, blue water and coast seem to be the best ones, but im still open to find more restaurants, if it has a great view, then even better!!! my last resort plan is the revolving tower restaurant.

no...C Restaurant. Been there for years. Owned by the same person who owns RainCity Grill on Denman. Just excellent fresh seafood. Park on Granville Island, take the little ferry over if you like to make it more romantic? It's right on False Creek and you can literally take 25 steps into the water...

Romance wise it's there in the upper echelons. Like I said take the little ferry over, buy her a flower at Granville Island Market or some chocolates. Take the Ferry over. Order some Sparkling wine...Take a walk on the seawall after. Bring a good long coat for the colder nights. Trust me on this. :hotbaby:

C Restaurant

stewie 09-12-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD//M3 (Post 8027665)
no...C Restaurant. Been there for years. Owned by the same person who owns RainCity Grill on Denman. Just excellent fresh seafood. Park on Granville Island, take the little ferry over if you like to make it more romantic? It's right on False Creek and you can literally take 25 steps into the water...

Romance wise it's there in the upper echelons. Like I said take the little ferry over, buy her a flower at Granville Island Market or some chocolates. Take the Ferry over. Order some Sparkling wine...Take a walk on the seawall after. Bring a good long coat for the colder nights. Trust me on this. :hotbaby:

C Restaurant

thanks for the suggestion! :p

unit 09-12-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight604 (Post 8027511)
Joe fortes

The boathouse

The coast

do NOT take her to the boathouse. that place is just bad.

BrRsn 09-12-2012 06:57 PM

Sandbar is a good one. Nice view if you sit on the upper level, and its on granville island so you can stroll around and enjoy other overpriced tourist traps :troll:

Boathouse isn't bad for everyday food but not somewhere you want to go for a special occasion .. food's not very memorable lol

westopher 09-12-2012 11:20 PM

You can get great seafood at tons of good non seafood specific restaurants. L'abbitoir is a good special occasion restaurant, and some of the best food in the city. Its also reasonable if you don't get too crazy with the wine. Same with la Quercia. Amazing italian in kits. Other than C, and blue water, the places mentioned are pretty run of the mill food quality wise, with a bit higher prices than they deserve. Except the boathouse. That place is a steaming shitpile. Steaming like garbage on a summer day in Toronto. I think the whole experience of the ferry from granville island over to C for dinner though is a pretty genius "event" type idea.