REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 12-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #201
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Yeah, she's good at what she's does. But there's a time and a place for it. You can't go belting out every song like it's a power vocal.
Voices like Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have complete control. Carly's not quite there, but then - she's friggin 13. And like you said, most of the cute young kids who audition never make it into the top 10 or so.
Carly's done musicals and movies, so that's probably why the crazy schedule and pressure doesn't seem to really faze her.
Advertisement

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #202
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Yeah, she's good at what she's does. But there's a time and a place for it. You can't go belting out every song like it's a power vocal.
Unfortunately that seems to be a staple for 99% of performances in these shows - start off quiet, build it up to that big Mariah Carey note that will help bring in the votes. Fortunately for Tate, that really doesn't work for most country songs

Quote:
Voices like Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have complete control. Carly's not quite there, but then - she's friggin 13.
I bet she WOULD have complete control, if she just exercised it... but I think at this point it's what she thinks she needs to do. And to a degree, she's right - most of the voting public out there are easily impressed by that Big Note; they're not as discerning as you and I Of course, she's got all the coaching and "mentoring" telling her that's what she needs to do, too.

Quote:
Carly's done musicals and movies, so that's probably why the crazy schedule and pressure doesn't seem to really faze her.
Good point.

I said it before, she has the potential to be "the next" Anne Murray (although I'm loathe to use the term "the next", you know what I mean). A little maturity, a little control, she'll be croonin' with the best of them. And I really hope she and her parents stay down-to-earth lest she turn into another Jessica Simpson story - killer talent, molded by The Industry into just another river of overproduced, oversold shlock, and a hot mess by 25.

Oh man, I just had a bizarre thought... Carly Rose Sonenclar, debut album, produced by... Rick Rubin. Holy crap, that could be epic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #203
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
i thought that hippy looking guy with glasses would win, he sounded great, or was that a different show?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #204
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
That was The Voice. Wrong show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #205
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
ah i thought it was but wasnt sure, thx
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #206
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
may purchase her hallelujah song. so damn good.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote