REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Ice skate arch/foot pains (https://www.revscene.net/forums/673831-ice-skate-arch-foot-pains.html)

iKayChow 09-14-2012 05:28 PM

Ice skate arch/foot pains

Anyone got any suggestions for how to wear my skates in a less painful way?

Got a pair of RBK 6k pumps.. pretty new

Tried memory foam and dr. scholls insoles.

Tried no tension at all the laces except the last 2 top laces

Tried really tight

I've baked these skates once, wore no socks, thick socks, thin socks,

No matter what I do, my feet hurt so god damn much

Not the best skater, but not the worst either, need ideas, hockey league is starting soon and no matter what I try, my feet just hurt. Been going skating about once a week, hoping it was just because I havent skated in a while so my feet could adapt, but no luck.

Help. Thanks :concentrate:

True.True 09-14-2012 06:25 PM

Are they the correct size and width? Did someone help you get fitted. Different brands and models fit different feet.

Try super feet yellow for insoles. Heard good things about them.
Posted via RS Mobile

RayBot 09-14-2012 07:05 PM

^^ What he said.

Superfeet is there for increased stability, they work great! However, superfeet will not help take that pain away. In fact, it will make it worse....just for the time being.

Even if you get it fitted, it may still be a while to "break in." Speaking of which, the best way for you to break in your skates is by skating hard on them. I know its going to hurt, but the results are a lot better then re-baking your skates.

Otherwise...you bought the wrong width, and theres nothing you can do about it.

Kilinim 09-14-2012 07:19 PM

Maybe you just need more time to break them in
Posted via RS Mobile

Saturn2nr 09-14-2012 10:10 PM

Skates shouldn't hurt if they're fitted correctly. I've never had a pair of skates bother me. (except for those awesome Micron plastic wonders from tykes!) I just bought a pair of CCM U+ the other week and they haven't bothered me at all, very comfortable. Yours may not be that they are the incorrect size, just the wrong brand. Different brands fit different feet and have varying pinch points etc. I tried Bauer, CCM, RBK, Graf and Easton; for me CCM supported my foot better and didn't have any areas that seemed too tight, where as Easton and Bauer fit wider and more loose and Graf fit great except for the fact were tight in behind my ankle bone. Always best to try as many brands as possible to find what feels more comfortable.
Posted via RS Mobile

cdizzle_996 09-14-2012 10:33 PM

Give it time, the pain will stop.

SolidPenguin 09-15-2012 12:27 AM

Where is the pain exactly? Only in the arch?

If thats the case, definitely pick up a pair of the Yellow Superfeets.

iKayChow 09-15-2012 09:31 PM

varies.. sometimes it arch.. sometimes its the opposite side of the arch lol. felt good today getting on the ice though, not as much pain.

RayBot 09-16-2012 07:39 PM

^^ Skate hard...the pain will go away. :)

vafanculo 09-16-2012 07:50 PM

Just curiuos, and throwing it out there as a just in case..

But do they ever hurt while you aren't skating? Look up Plantar Fasciatis.. I had that, and that is exactly where it hurt (but I'm not a skater).
Posted via RS Mobile

iKayChow 09-16-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafanculo (Post 8031450)
Just curiuos, and throwing it out there as a just in case..

But do they ever hurt while you aren't skating? Look up Plantar Fasciatis.. I had that, and that is exactly where it hurt (but I'm not a skater).
Posted via RS Mobile

when i run, it sometimes hurts.. but i found a pair of runners that makes it feel like pillows :alone: and sometimes when i walk with some other shoes it hurts.. maybe..

SolidPenguin 09-16-2012 11:08 PM

If its time to time on the skates, seems like you just need to break them in.

You might definitely benefit from a pair of orthotics, in skates and your everyday shoes. If they are too expensive or you dont have insurance to cover them, try Superfeet or Sidas brand footbeds. Dont buy gel for foam stuff, theyre garbage.

eurochevy 09-16-2012 11:13 PM

the more u wear them if they're new the better it'll get, that being said hafta make sure you have the right size / width, and don't think its whatever is comfortable when your trying them on at the store because this isn't gonna be the exact size later on once your feet have formed it a bit, if your still having issues depending on the material / make you can get them heat fitted around your foot to make the break in better

JKam 09-17-2012 08:50 AM

took me about a season to REALLY break mine in. My skates feel great now.

YzerWIN 09-17-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iKayChow (Post 8030632)
varies.. sometimes it arch.. sometimes its the opposite side of the arch lol. felt good today getting on the ice though, not as much pain.

Sounds like your foot is moving around all over the place in the skate.

Quickest fix to reduce the problem is definitely the Yellow Superfeet which most people have suggested.

Bigger issue(s) to question is whether your skate is too big for you and/or if the Reebok boot is the right shape for your foot - ie. width in heel/arch/forefoot/etc.

jack3d 09-18-2012 10:03 PM

superfeet are awesome