REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 09-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #1
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Dress Shirt Alterations?

Anyone have any recommendations for dress shirt alterations? I have a dress shirt where I need to shorten the arms. Prefer to be in Vancouver but would consider Burnaby and Richmond. Thanks in advance!
Advertisement

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
JLC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I bring all my stuff to Mike at Threads on 16th and Cambie if your in the Cambie area.
He does good work and is a great guy.
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
^ How much does he charge to hem + taper a shirt?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC View Post
I bring all my stuff to Mike at Threads on 16th and Cambie if your in the Cambie area.
He does good work and is a great guy.
Sweet, perfect area for me too. I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Old 09-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
^ How much does he charge to hem + taper a shirt?
Men's prices - Price List - Threads Fashion Alterations

Women's Prices - Price List - Threads Fashion Alterations

This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Does this place do vest alterations as well? (or any other recommendations?)
Pretty urgent, I need this done in 2 weeks.

My vest has the right fit around my body, but the armpit area seems to flare out.
I never wore vests before, so I didn't catch this when I was initially buying it.
Seems like I don't have the pecs to fill in the top area...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
oakridge tailors
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
oakridge tailors
I second Oakridge Tailors. Despite being a 2-person team, they do their best to get things done as quick as possible (mind you, done very well).

I brought in 7 dress shirts to them (along with a blazer, 4 pairs of pants, a sweater) - all needing to be fitted/slimmed/shortened etc. I was going away in 2 weeks and William (the guy who works there, he works with his wife) said he would only be able to finish 2 of them because they were swamped (wedding season, imagine all the wedding dresses -_____- ). The day before I go, I go to pick up my two that I selected as the most urgent. Surprisingly, they finished everything (as in all the shirts/blazer/4 pairs of pants/sweater) and gave me a discount (I guess because I brought in so much lol).

You won't find this anywhere else in Vancouver. It's top notch and they understand what's in and what isn't. They aren't arrogant either which is a plus.

Harry Rosen Oakridge gives their stuff to them. Holt Renfrew/Harry Rosen DT (when they're swamped) give their stuff to them. Vice President of the Vancouver Canucks brings his stuff there (it doesn't really matter but just throwing it out there).

Essentially, give Oakridge Tailors a shot if you're not too far from there. Definitely worth it. They're not as cheaply priced as, let's say Albert's Tailors in downtown, but as the saying goes - you get what you pay for.

Also, they're always really busy so as long as you don't need it within a week, then it should be fine.
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote