REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 09-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #26
PRINCESS

My friend got tickets and his license was about to be suspended
Prob was, he really needed his class 5 to get into fire fighting program he was prepping for
So what he did was he went to dispute it, but he admitted his guilt and asked the judge to change the tix to owner's ticket instead of driver's ticket
Luckily the judge pitied him and let him do that.

So anyways. If all the above methods suggested by other members falls, & you ever do end up having to go to the court, ask the judge for owner's ticket
Can't guarantee the judge will grant you that though.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #27
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkev03 View Post
So essentially when you get your class 5 you're off probation, so 3 points won't suspend you?
I'm not sure how the point system works. I think it also goes annually so if you plead guilty over a year (or is it two?) after your last infraction with points you will not be suspended
Posted via RS Mobile
I keep getting mixed answers about this as well.. my landlord says I will be fine because my last ticket was almost 2 years ago, but when I called into the licensing office they said that there is a high chance I WILL be suspended, but it is by a case-by-case basis.

I am yes, off probation if I get my class 5. Most people are telling me that the ticket would just go on there as a regular one and I'll be fine. I have a friend who went through the exact same process. Right now I'm just more worried about a possible too-early court date because of it being in Chilliwack, not near Vancouver (the courts may not be as crowded?)

Lawyer said that because I'd still have a record of the offenses dated while I had my N, that this could cause problems, and that by both not having my N on AND speeding, it's a little harder for me to slip by. His role would to knock off the ticket alltogether. I just wish it wasn't 2500... at 1000 it'd be a lot more affordable, but 2500 is just steep for a 19 yr old paying for UBC tuition and 800/month rent, although he doesn't want the full payment until he actually goes to court, for which he said he could purposely push to almost a year later.
forthewinwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #28
I am Hook'd on RS

like everyone else said, dispute it and get your class 5 before the court date. and to those ppl saying things like "don't speed, if you want your license." we all speed, some of us are just lucky not to get caught. on a side note, the bc drivers licensing program is a complete joke. because once we get our class 5, a speeding ticket isnt the same offence as if we had our N ..yeah makes a lot of sense
blakgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #29
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Lawyer probably just wants your $2500 lol

I'm pretty sure if you will be off probation you will not get suspended, like you my friend also went through the same process recently
A speeding ticket under 21km/h is 3 points IIRC, and 3 points won't get a class 5 or even an N suspended
Only reason you're at risk is because you are on probation

If you absolutely cannot afford to lose your lisence for even a few months, I'd call and ask or maybe try to ask nicely in court just to be on the safe side but I'm pretty sure you'll be fine lol

As per your court date, doubt you will get it within four months. I wouldn't be too worried. Worse case scenario, you can req to postpone the date up to 3 times with a valid reason (ubc exam is pretty good excuse) but I had my 3rd rejected. Also if you want to go that route I'd suggest to req for date change ASAP. The more time you give them to plan the less likely you'll be rejected
Posted via RS Mobile
aznkev03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #30
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Called me again today, he's dropped the price to 2000. lol

The one thing he told me and that I also myself am curious is:
Since the ticket was dated in the period I have my N, wouldn't it going onto my record even after getting my Class 5 cause problems, especially one of the offenses being a "NO-N" one?
forthewinwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #31
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

It will still go on your file but your tickets go onto your file the date you plead guilty to it by paying or in court, not the date you receive it
Tell him $1000, maybe he'll agree haha
Posted via RS Mobile
aznkev03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #32
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

hey i just ended up in a similar situation. i was on probation with my N and just got a speeding ticket leaving hope, i was tagged going 127 in a 100 zone, im going to dispute it cause if i lose my license ill lose my job. so anyone has any advise on winning these things or their experience let me know. and i cant take my N test till next year december
kyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #33
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,315 Times in 370 Posts
dispute, and hope court date is after your class5 test. If it isn't, all you can do is try and delay it until you can take the drivers test.
jmanhas is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #34
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

even if i do get my court date after the class 5 i think i still get the suspension dont i? and does anyone know if its worth it to get a lawyer? im talking to one tomorrow and they said they charge 1500.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #35
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,315 Times in 370 Posts
i was in the same situation, i got a ticket while on probation, 1 year before i was eligible to take my class 5 test. I disputed, took my class 5 test, and ended up paying for the ticket after i passed my test. I did not get suspended.
jmanhas is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #36
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

did this happen recently? and was your court date set for a year later? cause im guessing it wont be for me considering its in hope and i cant see the courts being to busy there... so im wondering if its easy to delay your court date by rescheduling
Old 11-14-2014, 01:35 AM   #37
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Im going to clear this up for you before you raise anymore dead threads.

If you have received your probation letter, dispute the ticket and focus on getting the class 5 license. The timing is something nobody here can help you with.

Once you PASS your class 5, you can go to court and look like an idiot, or you can just pay the fine and move on with your life.

The ticket will NOT get you suspended as your probation applies to your time in GLP.

I had a court date pushed from Oct 30th, to sometime in Feb because it fell on a school day, but yet again they've put it on a school day....
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:36 AM   #38
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
You're in a lot of hot water.

My personal experience: I lost my license and got my car crushed. The cherry on top - the court ordered me to ride a fixed-gear bike for my transportation for a minimum of 5 years.

Don't fuck up like I did.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #39
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggi View Post
Im going to clear this up for you before you raise anymore dead threads.

If you have received your probation letter, dispute the ticket and focus on getting the class 5 license. The timing is something nobody here can help you with.

Once you PASS your class 5, you can go to court and look like an idiot, or you can just pay the fine and move on with your life.

The ticket will NOT get you suspended as your probation applies to your time in GLP.

I had a court date pushed from Oct 30th, to sometime in Feb because it fell on a school day, but yet again they've put it on a school day....

just talked to a lawyer this no longer works after they find you guilty they charge you with the ticket the day you recieved it so even tho i would have my full license by the time of the trial they would penalize my the way they would have when i was issued the ticket with my N, resulting in a prohibition