REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Banned By Establishment

USA Store Credit Cards - How do you pay them?

I got a Nordstrom and Target Credit Card when I was down there. It was a surprise to me that they gave it, since last time I asked, they said you had to have a USA social insurance number.

However I got one. Does anyone else have any USA store credit cards? I'd like to know how you send or transfer payment to them.

Target says that if paying by cheque, they need to be drawn from an institution that's located in the USA.

I'm wondering if I can do payments from my President's Choice Account.
Advertisement
pankrationisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

My coworker has those cards, He said you can go down to the closest Bank of America and open up one of their accounts which can do online payments. It is usually for USA residents only though I believe but I think the ones closer to the border allow it. They asked for address and my coworker just give them his mailbox address. I'm not too sure on the details but you can look into it. But in order to get money into the account, you would still have to drive down and deposit USD into that account through teller or ABM?

Another option is just to go to the store and pay the bill in cash.

Last edited by W2K; 09-18-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: More info
W2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Wifey has a Macy's card, we use it for the additional discounts and pay the balance using cash after we finish shopping for the day; or if we are only buying one thing, we'll put it on the card and pay off the card right away, the cashiers have no problem with it.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
what you need : Bank on Both Sides of the Border with Ease - RBC Royal Bank

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

When I got my Macy's card the clerk asked for my US SIN, I said I didn't have one since I'm Canadian. She said I could use my CareCard... which worked, oddly enough.

Ended up cancelling it the same day, just wanted the 30% promo
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
ya same. i think we paid it off after it was charged at the store too.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankrationisfun View Post
I got a Nordstrom and Target Credit Card when I was down there. It was a surprise to me that they gave it, since last time I asked, they said you had to have a USA social insurance number.

However I got one. Does anyone else have any USA store credit cards? I'd like to know how you send or transfer payment to them.

Target says that if paying by cheque, they need to be drawn from an institution that's located in the USA.

I'm wondering if I can do payments from my President's Choice Account.
Honestly after paying off the Target card make sure you cut it up (don't close it as it might affect your credit) and get yourself a Amazon VISA card. Why might you ask? You get 1% back and pay no foreign transaction fees . (most credit cards charge you with at least a 2.5% foreign transaction fee)

If you are to pay a foreign transaction with PC, I'm pretty sure you will be charged with a tax of some sort to convert CDN to whatever the currency is required to pay off the bill. Same goes with you making purchases outside of Canada.

I guess Target wasn't one of the available choices from the PC Choice drop down menu when you attempted to pay the bill correct?

Snoop Dogg - Starksy & Hutch
Sushi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

Last edited by therubberguard; 10-15-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: incorrect info.
therubberguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I have a BMO US credit card. I just pay it off at the bank
k00laid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by therubberguard View Post
There is no foreign transaction fee only if you buy from amazon with Amazon Visa. Regular purchases will have the 2.5% foreign transaction fee.
Where did you pull that info? Out of your ass???

You might want to take a better look into the feature set here...

The VISA international rate is usually better than your local bank/Vancouver Bullion and Exchange (today's rate, VISA International rate - 1 United States Dollar = 0.981205 Canadian Dollar vs VBCE - USDCAD spot rate: 0.9800 - 0.9805)

Also, most American credit cards have forgone foreign exchange fees. The American version of the Amazon credit card is far better than the Canadian version (offers 2% back, 3% back on Amazon.com purchases).

For Sears' fans, they are also offering no foreign exchange fees on their financial credit cards.

Snoop Dogg - Starksy & Hutch
Sushi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

Post retracted. I was reading some out dated info on some other forum. My mistake.
therubberguard is offline   Reply With Quote