REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   Looking into suing ICBC (https://www.revscene.net/forums/674138-looking-into-suing-icbc.html)

z3german 09-20-2012 04:46 PM

Looking into suing ICBC

Anyone have a lawyer recommendation that does stuff related to my case?

This is for the hit and run way back in early August. :rukidding:

My adjuster was a great guy, Brent.

"Actually, the ICBC policy in regards to missed appointments is that we give people 3 chances within 4 weeks to attend an appointment. If they do not attend any of these appointments, then we conclude the investigation based on the details that we have. The other adjuster is contacting them to confirm an appointment time so I will let you know when I hear back from them."

So they missed their appt and as of now it has been 5 going on 6 weeks, and not even an attempt on their part to get their van in to clear their names.

I have emails to the suspect in question that clearly shows they asked for a quote, then suddenly backed out of their admitted guilt. I have 2 witnesses that place them at the time and place, I have a receipt that shows that they were at the place at the correct time. I have a hand written note with their email, you can not find their email online (its a business)

Anyways Brent has been promoted and has handed the case over to this other adjuster, Carmen. I have tried contacting her (email, phone, and voicemail) for 2+ weeks already, I finally get a hold of her and she goes and tells me the stock phrase for hit and runs, meaning she has no fucking clue what the fuck is going on with my case. This pisses me off so much,

"Hi Bart,

Thank you for your email. Please give me some time to review this file and get back to you."

That was 9 days ago. So she just blatantly lied to me. Other than Brent, no one else at ICBC has shown any sense of urgency for time and its fucking way too late now. I thought it was bad enough that at first for the suspect to get the first appt was just over a week from when I would have liked, but now its been 5+ weeks and anyone in their right fucking mind would fix the minuscule damage, or created new damage on a fucking work van. The policy is already flawed in the sense that they give them 4 weeks after their first missed appt to get another appt, any body shop can fix almost any amount of damage with cash in that amount of time, bringing in a fixed car icbc will have no choice but to say "yup this def isnt the vehicle! its flawless!" so i was way too patient already, I dont even want them to bring their vehicle in anymore, i should just out right win the case.

Anyways if ICBC is not putting it on the suspects insurance policies and if my bike is not getting fixed Im going to look at my options in suing them. Its completely obserd if they dont side with me and put it on the suspects insurance policies.

Any lawyers out there/ recommendations to help me out?

hc529 09-20-2012 04:49 PM

When my Honda fit was hit and run
I had to wait 3.5 months until they say its 100%
The other guys fault.

Good luck with your case tho
Posted via RS Mobile

gdoh 09-20-2012 08:19 PM

i just had a buddy who waited 2 months to tell him his car was a write off =\

tiger_handheld 09-20-2012 09:20 PM

did you try calling brent and venting your frustrations?
also if you have loss of use coverage, you should be able to get a cheap rental.

rk604 09-23-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8035314)
did you try calling brent and venting your frustrations?
also if you have loss of use coverage, you should be able to get a cheap rental.

don't call them to vent, that's stupid, leads to nothing. If you have the time and money, go to court

finbar 09-23-2012 11:39 AM

Ask Carmen if she could recommend a lawyer. :troll:

v.Rossi 09-23-2012 11:45 AM

despite the promotion with brent, perhaps ask to speak with him again because he has a familiar understanding of the situation?

z3german 09-23-2012 12:15 PM

hmmm, ill try to get a consultation to see my options if shit hits the fan. but i will probably wait a few months since that seems to be the norm for others here :/

rk604 09-26-2012 01:05 PM

Any updates?
Posted via RS Mobile

z3german 09-27-2012 03:40 PM

mmm, looks like the probably will get away with it. Got a call from the rudest fucking manager and all she has to say that my evidence is just assumptions and warrants nothing, not even a real investigation.

Its fucking ass backwards, if theres a single suspect they just ask them to come it, if they dont come it or keep missing their appts they still get off scott free... its dumb as hell. So basically ICBC is telling me that if I ever am a suspect for any ICBC issue, i should just not show up at all, ignore all calls, and I will get away with it. Fucking bullshit monopoly.

I learned a lesson though, next time I tell the people to call icbc right away and tell them that its their fault instead of all the waiting around bullshit where they can change their mind. At least this was a small >$500 damage instead of something like $1k+, relatively cheap lesson, learned the hard way though.....

A lawyer will call me sometime pretty soon, but the way it looks, i probably wont shoot unless the lawyer is 100% positive I will win. My tail is just ~$300 so just the lawyer fees alone will make it not worth it.