1) go to the issuer
2) have the issuer print a copy of the cancelled checked
3) examine the numbers and figure out which bank / branch / account
4) file police report
5) take police report copy to said branch and explain to the manager that one of his clients are defrauding the bank
6) request funds be credited back to the issuer
7) request a new check from the issuer
Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.
Make the effort and take the risk..
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt