REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
All Day, Err Day Mod

Zit/pimple Scars... how to remove them?

Over the last 2-3 years i've noticed the only area I've been getting pimples/zits on the the lower left side of my face, some appear just under the chin area. During those times I pop them and I use some exfoliant on a daily basis, however, doing this over a long period of time. I noticed that i've been getting quite a few zits/pimple scars/imperfections on the lower left face by my neck area... what products would you recommend to treat it?

See attached image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0446.jpg (33.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0452.jpg (33.5 KB, 0 views)

Feedback of 40-0-0

-kT: "No man get a ruler and look, 12cm is long!"
Nintensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I had some cystic acne (worse than yours, mostly on cheeks) and the solution that worked for me -regarding active outbreaks - was as follows:

1. Cetaphil cleanser
2. Benzoyl Peroxide lotion (I use the 2.5% Proactiv Solution Repair Lotion)
3. Moisturizer (I use aveeno)
4. Exfoliant (I use dermalogica daily microfoliant)

The cheek area tends to scar more easily. I know you know this, but avoid touching your face and popping zits - especially when the zit is in its early stages of formation.

Also, try not to exfoliate too often - it can be abrasive, and the skin does not need to be stripped more than 3x a week.

Because I acted (relatively) fast I avoided major scarring, though I do have some veeery minor ice pick scars just adjacent to my nose on the cheek area. I am saving $$$ for laser treatment, but it really isn't noticeable.

acne.org is also a great resource.

Glad to hear you're doing research about this, prevention is the best cure.
Saywhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saywhat? View Post
I had some cystic acne (worse than yours, mostly on cheeks) and the solution that worked for me -regarding active outbreaks - was as follows:

1. Cetaphil cleanser

The cheek area tends to scar more easily. I know you know this, but avoid touching your face and popping zits - especially when the zit is in its early stages of formation.

Also, try not to exfoliate too often - it can be abrasive, and the skin does not need to be stripped more than 3x a week.

Because I acted (relatively) fast I avoided major scarring, though I do have some veeery minor ice pick scars just adjacent to my nose on the cheek area. I am saving $$$ for laser treatment, but it really isn't noticeable.

This is great advice. I can't emphasize any more on moisturizing. If your skin is overly dry it will try to over-compensate, and make your skin oily. Make sure you find a product that isn't oil-based, and won't clog your pores.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Those don't look like scars, rather just blemishes from past acne.

Scars are actual indentation in the skin, and severe scarring cannot be cured.

In your case, exfoliating is a good solution. Exfoliate twice a week. Keep area clean, wash your face, twice a day is recommended (once in the morning and once after shower).
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
^strong name to area where op's request pertains to
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:07 AM   #6
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I'm 31 and I've always been in to taking care of my skin since my high school days and I haven't had any major acne problems however I had some acne scars from years past and I started using the products below and my skin is smooth, firm and it removed most the acne scars.

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare | Ferulic Acid Retinol Brightening Solution

http://www.shopmasc.com/Dr-Dennis-Gr...0ml_p_175.html

Trying these two products out, both seem to be working great;

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare | Ferulic Acid Retinol Brightening Solution

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Trifix™ Oil-Free Moisturizer (50ml)

I also use cetaphil soap bar and face cleanser which you can buy from anywhere, both products are amazing and a must if you want to prevent breakouts.

A lot of men don't take good care of their skin, it's no wonder that some guys start looking 40 when they turn 30. The key is to find a good moisturize, serum especially if you're in your late 20's and early 30's so you can prevent wrinkles and to firm your skin up. Peels and facial cleansers are a must but make you sure you get products for your skin type. And don't forget diet is key as well, drink a lot water, you basically sweat out what you eat so if you eat a lot of greasy stuff there's probably a greater chance you're going to be breaking out more often and eat a lot of veggies and fruits which target your skin.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

i think u pop the pimple a bit early that's how u can get scarring and bloody residue, pop it only when it's ripe (when the white part is showing or blackhead is showing)

is ur face oily end of the day? use oil paper to remove it and use cleaning products regularly

pimples breakout for many reasons, could be not getting enough sleep, eating too much spice/fried stuff, too much stress are contributing factors for it best way is to change ur diet or routine and go for a run and sweat more or maybe go to the sauna and sweat ur body
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #8
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Go to a doctor and get real medicine/cream.
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevtuner View Post
i think u pop the pimple a bit early that's how u can get scarring and bloody residue, pop it only when it's ripe (when the white part is showing or blackhead is showing)

is ur face oily end of the day? use oil paper to remove it and use cleaning products regularly

pimples breakout for many reasons, could be not getting enough sleep, eating too much spice/fried stuff, too much stress are contributing factors for it best way is to change ur diet or routine and go for a run and sweat more or maybe go to the sauna and sweat ur body
agreed

someone i know used to eat lots of instant noodles and not get enough sleep for work.
he tried less sodium on diet with more water and he was getting less pimples.
then he started buying those blotting papers that girlies buy for oily faces. - worked a little~~
so he gave up, got more sleep and ate healthier.

now he is god damn ripped and clean. but still shorter than me
LookitsMarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saywhat? View Post

1. Cetaphil cleanser

daily microfoliant® - Dermalogica Canada

Did that product work well for you? I have never tried an exfoliant.
jdc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #11
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I had the same problem all I did was use Biotherm and I big thing for me was touching the with my fingers. My doctor told me our fingers have so much dirt that when we touch them they become worse! Jus talk to ur doc about it!
tarunpatel03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
My family friend is a dermatologist, and this is the information she gave me a few years ago. I followed it exactly as she said and got great results.

In her opinion this is the best system for most moderate acne.

1. Oral medication (minocycline, doxycycline, NOT accutane) - talk to your doctor, he/she can prescribe it with no questions.
2. Oil free cleanser - the liquid/gel stuff worked better than the cream stuff for me
3. Benzoyl peroxide treatment - a cream by clean&clear, clearasil, etc. just check the ingredients for benzoyl peroxide
4. Moisturizer - always, ALWAYS, moisturize. A lot of people commonly neglect this step. I know it feels like you're making it worse, but this step is essential.
5. Sleep with a clean towel or t-shirt over your pillow every night - this is a tedious step, but hey, it worked.

Take the oral medication as instructed by your doctor.

For steps 2-4, go through them respectively twice a day. Pat your face dry after step 2, and let your face air dry before moving onto the next step.

This system worked wonders for me.

Also, exfoliants are actually no good towards people with active acne. The "scrubbing" sensation actually irritates your skin even more, causing you to break out more. If you have active acne, just stick with the cleansers. You can incorporate exfoliants once or twice a week when your acne starts settling down.

As for laser treatments, yes, they do work. But only when you don't currently have acne. They are only an effective means of treating scars, but won't prevent future breakouts.

Hope this helps someone!

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #13
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

biore all day baby
this stuff saved my life, let it save yours
J-force is offline   Reply With Quote