REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Winter twelve winter thirteen (https://www.revscene.net/forums/674318-winter-twelve-winter-thirteen.html)

ziggyx 09-24-2012 04:33 PM

Winter twelve winter thirteen

Figured I would start a new thread for this upcoming winter season since vangruver hasn't been around for awhile. I'm pretty excited already and it's only september lol. I got a tripped planned to either big white or hemlock right after boxing day. I'll also be hitting up the local mountains here and there. Maybe buying a pass to the local mountains or maybe (very small chance) whistler pass.

Only problem is that I have no vehicle to get to the mountains and I am reluctant on public transit/shuttles. :okay:

TOS'd 09-24-2012 04:37 PM

Looking forward to it as well. Going to be picking up a pass from seymour.

rexsomnii 09-24-2012 05:40 PM

Can't wait ! m in the same boat as you ziggyx.
No car for me :(
Posted via RS Mobile

celica-g5 09-24-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8038086)
Looking forward to it as well. Going to be picking up a pass from seymour.

I thought you were going to get one for Cypress? Anyway, I'm frigging stoked!! Already waxed my boards last night, and started modelling in my new gear in front of the mirror. Lol!!!
Posted via RS Mobile

GabAlmighty 09-24-2012 09:13 PM

Woooooooooooooooo, getting my whistler student pass again this year.

But pretty fucking pissed, my truck just shat itself and unfortunately that takes priority over getting a nice set of powder/touring skis at the turkey sale.

TOS'd 09-24-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celica-g5 (Post 8038371)
I thought you were going to get one for Cypress? Anyway, I'm frigging stoked!! Already waxed my boards lasr night, and started modelling in my new gear in front of the mirror. Lol!!!
Posted via RS Mobile

Wanted to but, $250 compared to $400. But I'll still hit up cypress with you guys a couple times for some more GoPro meets!

ziggyx 09-24-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rexsomnii (Post 8038151)
Can't wait ! m in the same boat as you ziggyx.
No car for me :(
Posted via RS Mobile

Haha I know that feel bro. Wish I bought a more practical car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8038377)
Wanted to but, $250 compared to $400. But I'll still hit up cypress with you guys a couple times for some more GoPro meets!

Yeah I think I will be buying a seymour pass, $250 is almost too good to give up even if i gotta force myself to transit/shuttle. I'll also try to make it out for the GoPro meets this season.

nabs 09-24-2012 11:33 PM

need winter tyres, nao!!

TOS'd 09-24-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggyx (Post 8038516)
Yeah I think I will be buying a seymour pass, $250 is almost too good to give up even if i gotta force myself to transit/shuttle. I'll also try to make it out for the GoPro meets this season.

$250 is for youth/student btw. Sweet, maybe ill see you up on the mountain some times. What's your riding level?

ziggyx 09-25-2012 08:00 AM

Yeah man hopefully we will see each other there. I'm in my last year of school so it gives me more of a reason to buy the student pass haha.

I can ride greens and blues comfortably. I'm trying to land some small jumps now and do some tricks here and there. Hopefully buying a pass will allow me to grt a lot better this year.
previous seasons i would only go about 4-5 times. What about you, what's your riding level?
Posted via RS Mobile

terryjai 09-25-2012 09:34 AM

im gonna get Seymour pass again....and they have a new quad lift this year...YAY...NO MORE 2 POEPLE CHAIRLIFT ! ! ! ! !

Glove 09-25-2012 09:37 AM

there wont be a winter 13

terryjai 09-25-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggyx (Post 8038516)
Haha I know that feel bro. Wish I bought a more practical car.

hey guys you can buy the Parkgate Mall Shuttle Pass for extra $185....but not sure if you are willing to spend 185 :considered:

ziggyx 09-27-2012 08:30 PM

^ I thought about it but I think I will stick to the booklets of 10 tickets. Don't think I can go THAT many times to make the shuttle pass worth it... But we will see haha.

By the way I just purchased my seymour pass.

TOS'd 09-27-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggyx (Post 8038697)
Yeah man hopefully we will see each other there. I'm in my last year of school so it gives me more of a reason to buy the student pass haha.

I can ride greens and blues comfortably. I'm trying to land some small jumps now and do some tricks here and there. Hopefully buying a pass will allow me to grt a lot better this year.
previous seasons i would only go about 4-5 times. What about you, what's your riding level?
Posted via RS Mobile

I can do pretty much all of seymour, this will be my 4th season of boarding. I can do small jumps here and there off the sides and I've tried the big jumps right below the chairlifts with varying degrees of success lol. I can also do very basic rails/boxes. Still working on how to properly do spins, I seem to just blank out mid air lol.

Lets get a list of ppl that are going seymour or even cypress. Maybe get a whatsapp group going haha.

ziggyx 09-28-2012 02:19 PM

lol good idea.

Seymour
1. ziggyx (will probably get a Gold card for cypress as well)

Cypress

TOS'd 09-28-2012 02:34 PM

Seymour
2. tosd

Cypress

saucywoman 09-29-2012 01:35 PM

Seymour
2. tosd

Cypress
1. Saucywoman. Haven't been to seymour, ride greens and non steep blues. Bad accident a few years back and scared to get too much speed from something steep and bail hard again
Posted via RS Mobile

ziggyx 09-29-2012 07:42 PM

I'm not particularly fond of going fast either. I'm not a speed junkie like some people I know who love to straight line it down a mountain..

roastpuff 10-01-2012 12:12 AM

Seymour
1. ziggy ill probably get a Gold card for cypress as well)
2. tosd

Cypress
1. Saucywoman. Haven't been to seymour, ride greens and non steep blues. Bad accident a few years back and scared to get too much speed from something steep and bail hard again
2. Roastpuff. Haven't been to seymour, but I ski cypress and Whistler. I do blues, mostly, some blacks.

So stoked for the season, just got new skis.
Posted via RS Mobile

TOS'd 10-01-2012 12:40 AM

Sometimes I'm a speed junkie. Love the feeling of bombing straight down a steep hill!

ziggyx 10-01-2012 06:28 PM

haha if i ever see you on seymour you'll probably leave in the dust.

Thinking of picking up new goggles for this season but not sure. Are there any places with good prices??

TOS'd 10-01-2012 06:32 PM

Anything in particular? You can wait for the sales on west 4th/burrard. Or when you pick up your seymour season pass you will also get a coupon book that gets you I believe 20% off your purchase at Coastal Riders. The 20% is usually better than the sale prices. Also the 20% is applied to the full price of the item, no stacking discounts.

saucywoman 10-01-2012 06:36 PM

I got mine at zumies in bellis fair I think it was. The store with the target
Posted via RS Mobile

GabAlmighty 10-01-2012 06:39 PM

Oakley's new goggle is sick. I got to see a pair before they were relased to the market.