REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech

Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech This forum is brought to you by The Speed Syndicate (TSS) in Burnaby.
Discussion of maintaining your engine, transmission, differentails, rear ends, and mods associated with "driveline" parts..

Old 09-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I need a mechanic that knows his bmws - 2006 325i

local mechanic familiar with 2006 e90 BMW within Vancouver

I need a mechanic that knows his bmws, if anyone knows a good, trust worthy shop please let me know.

I own a 2006 325i, I live in Vancouver
Advertisement

Last edited by Rae604; 09-26-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Rae604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
May be more helpful to post also what is wrong with the car...

Are you trying to avoid dealership services?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Basicly ya im trying to avoid the dealership services ( regular maintenance ext.. )
My 325i has caught the deadly ticking sound which I believed is caused by the lifters. I went
To the dealer a couple weeks ago and there asking for 3200$ just to change the lifters.
So I was thinking maybe ill just buy the lifters online and get it installed. Also whenever I turn off my car I hear dripping sounds under
The car, my first guess is that I might have a leak but I never see any water under the car. Any idea's ?
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Rae604; 09-27-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Rae604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

^ the dripping sounds like oil returning to the oil pan? I don't drive a bmw so this solution isin't vehicle specific but I had lifter ticking and instead of changing out the lifters I used a thinner weight oil so it would travel into the lifters to get lubricated and start the car for about 30 seconds shut it off and turn it over again to get the oil pumped into the lifters. Not sure if it's consistent while you drive, but for me the ticking would be on and off
LemonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
BMW specific mechanics may be just as expensive. If you're just looking to get the ticking issue resolved, try giving the speed syndicate a call. They do a lot of work on higher end cars and are well experienced with complete engine teardowns, etc.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

I know it's out of the way, but there's a European specific repair center in Abbotsford. They work on all the Euro made (or Euro engineered) cars.

I drive an Acura, but I've heard good things about them.

Valley Euro-tec - Valley Eurotec Sales & Service Ltd
Daniel_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #7
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

lol, now you'll know for next time not to buy a bmw.

e90's are no nicer then an acura or lexus but just because it's a bmw they can rape you in the wallet. our shop charged a guy $300 to replace a bulb. not because we wanted to but because the parts from bmw are expensive and they hid the bulb under layers of engine bay covering. on average a bulb replacement is $10 for the part and
$15 for labor plus tax.
mac25 is offline   Reply With Quote