REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #4701
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Those Thind properties though are so different vs any other Sales Centre I walk into i.e. Jameson, Polygon, Porte, the list goes on. The sales people are so much more low class in appearence and speech, you've got c lais working there pushing sales.
that's wack man. when i go to a show room i expect the sales people to look and dress like cactus club servers i'm there to check out the sales center myself and look through the literature. only thing i need them to say is hello and thank you for coming
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:53 PM   #4702
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
^^
Truth, that's all you can really do. Looked at the new property yesterday at Renfew and 1st with Grandma and I'm warning her not to consider because Thind is not a trusted developer and I don't give a crap how many properties they've done their name constantly comes up when it comes to negative shit. Omni is another one that's on my banned list.
Thind is terrible. avoid at all costs. They mostly do low-rise infill projects but have one highrise on kingsway/earles area.

their buildings have many issues and they employ "cheap" labourers / contractors.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:16 PM   #4703
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
On the topic of presales, just got back from the Arc presentation centre and put down my $10k deposit. They'll let me know in a few weeks "if" I can get a unit. It's getting beyond ridiculous.
Goodluck in your pursuit of the unit.
I snagged a corner unit at the Arc during presale. Seems like Concord didn't expect such madness in phase 1 of presales. They seem to be releasing more units, which weren't forecast to be released until spring/summer.. And increasing the cost per release....
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:32 PM   #4704
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
I don't get why there are still lineups for presale condos. From an investment perspective, you're looking at a 3-5% return these days which is pretty small. I guess the old Chinese mentality about real estate is hard to break (even though a strata lot is far from a piece of land).

In my experience, you're better off buying something that is around 3-5 years old. You'll have a better sense of the building's strengths and weaknesses, the strata and fees, and how the individual unit has fared.

All buildings have issues. Expect the worst, but hope for the best.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2016, 09:51 PM   #4705
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
that's wack man. when i go to a show room i expect the sales people to look and dress like cactus club servers i'm there to check out the sales center myself and look through the literature. only thing i need them to say is hello and thank you for coming
You miss my point. I'm not expecting cactus club servers and people wearing Gucci suits but the cheapness of and quality of Thind is in line the moment you walk in and talk to these people. Aside from looking like shit they are also unorganized, unprofessional, and lack any knowledge at all. The most basic of questions one would ask such as strata price per square feet are met with i don't know period or oh I have to check. Do your homework and be prepared.

Again what you wear doesn't really mean shit but in the professional world it can often be but definitely not always a reflection of what you'll get. What I'm saying in comparing A sales centre for Thind vs basically anywhere else is night and day. The level of class and everything else doesn't even compare but still at the end of the day they'll always sell because despite all that and their shit quality people want and like a deal and they will either sacrifice knowing that, lie to themselves and think it ain't that bad or just not know at all.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2016, 07:32 AM   #4706
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
your point was not missed. i was being sarcastic and making jest at them as i cannot take it seriously. the ridiculousness of your example demonstrated that, my example just took it to the end of the spectrum. i knew i shoulda added a few emos

i have an example from a coworker that's even more ridiculous relating to contracts with one of those big developers and their sales lady. totally unbelievable when i heard it. but ya it pretty much summed up the quality of the "sales professionals". of which they are not necessarily realtors themselves but push the paper for the developer to complete a sale.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2016, 07:34 AM   #4707
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
The Lynda Steele Show: Is 2016 the year the Vancouver housing bubble bursts? | News Talk 980 CKNW | Vancouver's News. Vancouver's Talk
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:57 AM   #4708
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
your point was not missed. i was being sarcastic and making jest at them as i cannot take it seriously. the ridiculousness of your example demonstrated that, my example just took it to the end of the spectrum. i knew i shoulda added a few emos

i have an example from a coworker that's even more ridiculous relating to contracts with one of those big developers and their sales lady. totally unbelievable when i heard it. but ya it pretty much summed up the quality of the "sales professionals". of which they are not necessarily realtors themselves but push the paper for the developer to complete a sale.
My sarcasm radar was not on, my bad lol.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:38 AM   #4709
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormiez View Post
Goodluck in your pursuit of the unit.
I snagged a corner unit at the Arc during presale. Seems like Concord didn't expect such madness in phase 1 of presales. They seem to be releasing more units, which weren't forecast to be released until spring/summer.. And increasing the cost per release....
What are the prices like for the Arc?
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:13 PM   #4710
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
What are the prices like for the Arc?
1 bedroom - 513 s.f with 38 s.f balcony = $400k to $500k's

1 bedroom + den - 533-680 s.f with 34-841 s.f balcony = $480k - $700k's

2 bedroom + den - 868 s.f with 66-376 s.f balcony = $700k - $1.2 million

This is for the pacific collection, floors 2-18.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:10 PM   #4711
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
jesus christ, when did 2 br + den's start getting to be under 900 sq feet?

appealing to the buyers who are coming over from China and used to living in Dog cages?

i kid, i kid
Old 02-02-2016, 04:50 PM   #4712
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Sq footage is decreasing and prices going up. Older studios and 1 bedrooms in some areas of DT are inching close to $1,000 per sq/ft.

A few 1 bedrooms in YT averaging around 540sq/ft which came up for sale within the past few weeks have sold for $500k+, I reckon you'll see 1 bedrooms nearing $600k by end of the year if this trend continues.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:09 PM   #4713
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,253 Times in 1,966 Posts
As someone who is working class and lives Hakuna Matata, I don't get swept up in new builds but am currently perusing the realty ads looking for a nicely aged Condo.

So I went to realitylink.com and looked up condos with a set price range to not exceed $400k just to see what would come up.

I saw this.

Detailed Residential Listing

Is this on par with the market based on size, location etc? I'm new at all this and just gauging everything right now.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:15 PM   #4714
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
1 bedroom - 513 s.f with 38 s.f balcony = $400k to $500k's

1 bedroom + den - 533-680 s.f with 34-841 s.f balcony = $480k - $700k's

2 bedroom + den - 868 s.f with 66-376 s.f balcony = $700k - $1.2 million

This is for the pacific collection, floors 2-18.
This is going to make me sleep so well tonight with my condo purchase. Those prices are fucking batshit.
From the renders the finishings look really nice though.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2016, 11:32 PM   #4715
I don't get it

Investment wise real estate, if you had 400k, would you buy a brand new Condo or a House in terms of renting it out and waiting for it to rise in value, which one would gain you the most money in the short and long term?
Stormspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-02-2016, 11:43 PM   #4716
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspirit View Post
Investment wise real estate, if you had 400k, would you buy a brand new Condo or a House in terms of renting it out and waiting for it to rise in value, which one would gain you the most money in the short and long term?
A house has the biggest chance to make money, but also has the biggest chance to lose money. Your Gamble

Personally, if I had that kind of money burning my pocket and could afford the mortgage, I would choose house hands down. Preferably with 2 basement units and a laneway home (if those were the only 2 choices)
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:32 AM   #4717
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Hmm... is it just me? or does it seem like $400k is quite a small sum these days for RE purchase?

I really don't know how much you can get for such a small amount. Something in the 500 - 600 sq ft, 1 bedroom range if it is in Vancouver? Or if you move out to Coquitlam / Surrey, that can probably get you something in the 800+ sq ft range.

And if you want a house for that... well... I don't even know how far east you'd have to move. Maple Ridge? Mission? Abbotsford / Chilliwack?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:55 AM   #4718
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
if it doesn't cash flow positive, it's not an investment, it's speculation.

whichever one has the higher yield will provide greater downside protection.

as for upside potential, you look at the future potential for income growth.

this is the fundamental / financial view, not the speculative view (most have the latter, as Vancouver is entirely a speculative market right now)
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:04 AM   #4719
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
I Love Vancouver, But It Doesn't Love Me | Aaron Scott Hildebrandt

If you can find a job outside Vancouver move. there are better places than Vancouver.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-03-2016, 06:06 AM   #4720
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Lower Mainland migration behind increased real estate sales? | CHEK

I was just going to post that link as well as this one about Victoria prices starting to increase.

For $520k in July 2015 I bought a 1939 house on a 7500 sq ft lot a 10 min drive to my office and downtown, 4 bed 2 bath , living room, family room, dining room, office, two car in house garage plus a detached 700 sq ft workshop I rent out. I can see the ocean from the front porch too.

Last edited by TouringTeg; 02-03-2016 at 06:16 AM.
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:36 AM   #4721
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
What a bunch of fucking whining..

And another story of a couple that has a kid then complains it's not affordable, must have had excellent planning to realize that after the fact.

Guy is employed in an industry which will he completely extinct in 5 years and is complaining shit ain't affordable. Typical
Old 02-03-2016, 06:58 AM   #4722
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I Love Vancouver, But It Doesn't Love Me$|$Aaron Scott Hildebrandt

If you can find a job outside Vancouver move. there are better places than Vancouver.
haha! so funny, I do agree for outsiders who don't understand how Vancouver works, it is very difficult to make friends, especially if you are an introvert. For whatever reason, Vancouverites stay with their same "clicks" that they have know since they were young....Toronto is probably the easy city to meet people in Canada because most young people move there for better career opportunities.
I grew up in the Oakridge area, heck I remember when Oakridge was an outdoor mall! His comments about daycare seems correct on the surface, but Vancouver is an odd city that you need to know someone to get what you want. Vancouver is a city all about connections, if you don't got them, it is very tough.
For my work, I have had to opportunity to travel all over the place from Sweden to South America and I have yet to find an overall blend of a better place to live and raise my family. Sure it is stupid expensive to live, but do you think people who choose to stay in Vancouver are dumb? Heck I could buy a 7000sq ft house on a 2 acre plot in Abbotsford, but I would rather have my 33x120 in Vancouver. Different strokes for different folks.......
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2016, 07:09 AM   #4723
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

May I have you guys input on mortgage broker?

TD, RBC for mortgage?
Gamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:55 AM   #4724
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
when I shopped around managers at banks only gave me the best posted rate on websites,
then I hear how my friends got lower rates when renewing.

so theres that...

I like the idea of a mortgage broker, I just don't really like the lending institutes they pick which is usually some chinese lender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:02 AM   #4725
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,453 Times in 987 Posts
who invites a dozen people for their birthday and has zero people show up? maybe its a problem with his personality that nobody wants to spend time with him.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: