REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:53 AM   #5476
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Either these people really wanted to be in that area so bad or are fucking stupid or both. You can get that sq footage for a brand new townhome in Burnaby and heck even in a couple in Van. Unbelievable.
Where and is it move in ready?

Some of the pre-sales have that sq footage and around that price but not ready till 2017/2018.

We've been looking and been unsuccessful at finding anything move in ready. Most have been sold with many offers or have issues.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:02 AM   #5477
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
There aren't many rowhomes with tandem garages in Burnaby. Most townhomes in Burnaby are stacked. There is one new development, Saville Row, on Canada Way that offers rowhomes but they are now in the 750K range. Throw in GST and you're about the same, with a long ways away before occupancy (2018). Most of the other rowhomes are concentrated near SFU (built in the 80s) or there are small pockets in the Royal Oak area. It's insane, but I can see the logic if the buyers were desperate and did not want to go across the river.

You will be very hard-pressed to find rowhomes in the City of Vancouver today for 825K, even new construction in the River District. The best you will get is leasehold in Champlain Heights.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:08 AM   #5478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
There aren't many rowhomes with tandem garages in Burnaby. Most townhomes in Burnaby are stacked. There is one new development, Saville Row, on Canada Way that offers rowhomes but they are now in the 750K range. Throw in GST and you're about the same, with a long ways away before occupancy (2018). Most of the other rowhomes are concentrated near SFU (built in the 80s) or there are small pockets in the Royal Oak area. It's insane, but I can see the logic if the buyers were desperate and did not want to go across the river.

You will be very hard-pressed to find rowhomes in the City of Vancouver today for 825K, even new construction in the River District. The best you will get is leasehold in Champlain Heights.
Last I heard, all the cheaper stuff from Saville Row sold out and now you'd be looking at $850K+ and won't be ready till late 2018/early 2019
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 10:18 AM   #5479

I remember VRGTI talking about some of his friends who sold their condos and are now in their parents' basements waiting for the market to take a dip.

The family/couple who bought this townhome in Burnaby could have very well been one of these families who got fed up living in their parents' basement.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 10:29 AM   #5480
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
I remember VRGTI talking about some of his friends who sold their condos and are now in their parents' basements waiting for the market to take a dip.
There still living with the inlaws
You need to buy before you sell in this market
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 10:33 AM   #5481

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
The worst part is it adds to the problem. Nothing to buy, then I won't sell.
And that's why things are being bid up as people don't mind paying the premium for move in ready as opposed to buying pre-sale but having to wait 2 years down the road and then they still have to deal with the developer about new home issues.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #5482

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
It depends what type of property you're selling. If it's desirable to the investor market, you could always sell and rent back from the buyer for a set period of time which gives you cash in hand to move in on a place with as few subjects as possible. Another upside is that you remain where you are and avoid the humiliation/hassle of moving back in with the parents/in-laws. The downside is you pay rent (which may or may not be at market rate), instead of putting in equity (which would give you a higher return given a typical mortgage rate of 2-2.5%) while your cash gets 3% at EQ bank or another institution.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 11:31 AM   #5483
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Where and is it move in ready?

Some of the pre-sales have that sq footage and around that price but not ready till 2017/2018.

We've been looking and been unsuccessful at finding anything move in ready. Most have been sold with many offers or have issues.
Fair point, if you need it now then no dice as I'm referring to pre sales. Saville Row which has been mentioned now was one in mind. I got a unit back in Nov that was 4 bed, 1300 sq for 779 but then opted out and the same unit 2 months later in their Phase 3 was selling for 849. It's ok as I settled for a place with more sq footage in Van for the same price.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:51 PM   #5484
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

A 3 bed at Savile Row is going for 979k now.

5 5218 Savile Row - r2048921 : Burnaby Townhouses, Burnaby Townhomes : Burnabytownhouse.com
sam0m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2016, 01:22 PM   #5485
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Fair point, if you need it now then no dice as I'm referring to pre sales. Saville Row which has been mentioned now was one in mind. I got a unit back in Nov that was 4 bed, 1300 sq for 779 but then opted out and the same unit 2 months later in their Phase 3 was selling for 849. It's ok as I settled for a place with more sq footage in Van for the same price.
That doesn't sound like settling haha.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:34 PM   #5486

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0m0 View Post
That's the 3 bed with double garage though. The ones I was looking at didn't have garages.

Expresso - Lol yea, poor choice of words I far from settled. I mean shiet it took 15 months of constantly saying no to places and just sticking to my guns and at times thinking I'm fucked, what I want is not out there and prices are going up and then bam it happened.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:48 PM   #5487
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Gf's place is a townhome in the Edmond area (still in Vancouver). Seems to be ok area, nothing "ghetto" about it. It's right by the trail too so pretty nice actually.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:50 PM   #5488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Gf's place is a townhome in the Edmond area (still in Vancouver). Seems to be ok area, nothing "ghetto" about it. It's right by the trail too so pretty nice actually.
Technically, you are closer to New West than you are to Vancouver.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-29-2016, 05:59 PM   #5489
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
got on the Peninsula VIP list, sent me the presentation package, showhomes expected to open in May i believe..

FINALLY some decent sized units.. With prices the way they have been going i doubt i'll be more than looking, but def nice to see 1000+ sq units

Even though it's in queensborough i wouldnt doubt some of the 1200 sq foot units starting at 850+
Old 03-29-2016, 08:10 PM   #5490
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:

Interesting. I did not know Champlain Heights was mostly leasehold
(604) White 2014 BMW 335i xDrive, 05/15 - 01/17
(604) Blue 2017 BMW 240i xDrive, 01/17 - 12/20
(604) White 2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+, 12/20 - Present
ntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:14 AM   #5491
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
inflation is in every market, tvm and opportunity cost is also everywhere, and you don't have to be an above average investor to avoid MERs. mutual fund ETFs and market ETFs are no secret.

Last edited by johnnyblaze; 04-15-2016 at 03:33 AM.
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:59 AM   #5492

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntan View Post
Interesting. I did not know Champlain Heights was mostly leasehold
Most of the properties along the major streets (Kerr, 54th, Tyne) tend to be freehold, but once you get into the cul-de-sacs, it's mostly leasehold. Much of the old development south of Marine Drive is leasehold too, though you will find pockets of freehold strata, including detached strata properties.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:29 PM   #5493
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Either pulling the trigger at Ellsworth tomorrow, or waiting for the bomb to explode. My mind's switches back and fourth hourly. lol. Either way, i'll be dumping my island place if I go for it. Too much risk in multiple units. I give this whole thing 3 years before she blows and 4444 will be even more cocky then he's ever been before. Ughh
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2016, 09:49 PM   #5494
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,902 Times in 749 Posts

20 years too late!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2016, 08:36 AM   #5495

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
Either pulling the trigger at Ellsworth tomorrow, or waiting for the bomb to explode. My mind's switches back and fourth hourly. lol. Either way, i'll be dumping my island place if I go for it. Too much risk in multiple units. I give this whole thing 3 years before she blows and 4444 will be even more cocky then he's ever been before. Ughh
If the market crashes to the tune of 25-30%, would you still be employed/employable and would you be able to afford the payments? If you're putting that amount down, you could always suck it up and live in the unit (after all, isn't that the point?) Concrete construction in a walkable, urban neighbourhood is pretty good - you will always have a market for such a property (not necessarily Asian either).

Good luck.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2016, 10:20 AM   #5496

Quote:
Main and 7th? Man I kept wondering what was happening to that place, thing has changed names like 3 times in the last year and kept getting delayed. Primo location though, almost bought Wolhsein just down the block over a year ago but just couldn't deal with the small space and the live works shit int he building.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:42 AM   #5497
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

what are the prices for ellsworth
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:17 PM   #5498
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post
what are the prices for ellsworth
I have some figures that aren't supposed to be advertised, but tonight is the first time to see all floor plans and prices (Friends and Family showing). It's pushing "diamond" level as Westopher once said. Maybe more of a yellowish hue, with some imperfections.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2016, 01:20 PM   #5499
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Haha! for those who don't think the Chinese are not buying up Vancouver!

zz.jpg
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2016, 01:38 PM   #5500
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:
I have some figures that aren't supposed to be advertised, but tonight is the first time to see all floor plans and prices (Friends and Family showing). It's pushing "diamond" level as Westopher once said. Maybe more of a yellowish hue, with some imperfections.
Guess this one's out of the picture...

Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote