REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2016, 04:19 PM   #6776
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 362
Thanked 327 Times in 130 Posts
Half your mortgage for your first year is like $8000 which isn't even that much for the amount you're paying for the unit. The down payment helps a lot with first time buyers but you're technically still paying for an over priced condo with no parking. They are very creative in making this sound like a sweet deal
Advertisement
kr4l is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2016, 04:30 PM   #6777
G
Banned (BBM)
 
G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None
Posts: 2,873
Thanked 588 Times in 217 Posts
Receive a purchase appointment yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStyo View Post
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/conc...e-easy-program



Draw took place already last weekend. 50 were picked - given the there are not 1BR + Den the 1BR plans are about 520sq ft, it's easily $700/sqft. No parking, those are likely not an option for 1BR units ($35K each).

Words on streets is there's 1300+ requests forms for only about 400~ units for Tower 1. Demand will likely spill to Tower 2.

Disclosure: I have unit request in myself so am familiar with project. Also am related to staff there.
G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:57 PM   #6778
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Van
Posts: 189
Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
I am very surprised there are might only be 1300 request forms. Not as much demand as i initially thought...
Alpine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:53 AM   #6779
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: East Van
Posts: 1,257
Thanked 410 Times in 204 Posts
For bankers, the smell of real estate profit in Vancouver is being overwhelmed by whiff of something worse | South China Morning Post

But hey, it's just supply and demand issues right?
Liquid_o2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #6780
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
kunoman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,202
Thanked 938 Times in 252 Posts
Vancouver takes next steps on taxing empty homes | URBAN DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE

“Vancouver housing is first and foremost for homes, not a commodity to make money with,” says Mayor Gregor Robertson. “We need a tax on empty homes to encourage the best use of all our housing, and help boost our rental supply at a time when there’s almost no vacancy and a real crunch on affordability. The BC government recognizes the need for more housing supply to address affordability and they can enable the best tool to help turn thousands of empty homes into rental homes. I’ve asked for the BC government’s urgent support to tax empty homes but the City needs to take action with or without other levels of government.”
__________________
2003 Jetta Wolfie
1963 (T)rusty Stude Lark (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
kunoman is still alive! not raped by oil riggers yet....
kunoman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2016, 02:48 PM   #6781
G
Banned (BBM)
 
G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None
Posts: 2,873
Thanked 588 Times in 217 Posts
Concord Brentwood: $386,900 starting low levels. No parking.

$890 per sq.ft. approx if you want parking + locker
G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:35 PM   #6782
My homepage has been set to RS
 
yray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PENIS
Posts: 2,431
Thanked 2,307 Times in 670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunoman1 View Post
“We need a tax on empty homes to encourage the best use of all our housing, and help boost our rental supply at a time when there’s almost no vacancy and a real crunch on affordability.


going down west point grey, Shaughnessy, point grey and dunbar

They are saying they will use bc hydro data... did bc hydro even consent to that.
__________________
El escarabajo de limones

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:06 AM   #6783
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Van
Posts: 189
Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
$890 per sq.ft. approx if you want parking + locker
Wow... $890/sqft for the first tower, and i'm assuming the lowest levels too...
Alpine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:13 AM   #6784
G
Banned (BBM)
 
G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None
Posts: 2,873
Thanked 588 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Wow... $890/sqft for the first tower, and i'm assuming the lowest levels too...
$890 is mid to high levels.

But maybe JDMStyo can throw some more input since they are related to staff.
G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:24 PM   #6785
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: East Van
Posts: 1,257
Thanked 410 Times in 204 Posts
$900 /sf for a condo in Burnaby
Liquid_o2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:53 PM   #6786
y'all better put some respeck on my name
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 17,402
Thanked 7,080 Times in 1,911 Posts
Fooking hell man...

$638,000 = $1166/sf
Elan Building unit 607 - 1255 Seymour Street, Vancouver

1 Bed
1 Bath
547 Sqft
2008 Built
$217.72 mnt. fees



607 - 1255 Seymour Street, Vancouver - 1 bed, 1 bath - For Sale | Condo In Vancouver
Harvey Specter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:02 PM   #6787
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,074
Thanked 4,245 Times in 1,270 Posts
Empty home tax coming to Vancouver
"Vancouver housing is first and foremost for homes, not a commodity to make money with."

CBC News Posted: Jun 22, 2016 11:56 AM PT Last Updated: Jun 22, 2016 1:55 PM PT

Empty home tax coming to Vancouver - British Columbia - CBC News


Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson announces the city will move ahead with plans to implement a tax on empty homes. (Farrh Merali/CBC)

Mayor Gregor Robertson has announced Vancouver will move forward on taxing empty homes as the affordability crisis grows larger and rental vacancy rates shrink to unprecedented lows.

"Vancouver housing is first and foremost for homes, not a commodity to make money with," he said. "We need a tax on empty homes to encourage the best use of all our housing, and help boost our rental supply at a time when there's almost no vacancy and a real crunch on affordability."

A preliminary report recommends Vancouver work in concert with the B.C. government to come up with a scheme to tax empty homes, but it says "the City is prepared to take action on its own in absence of provincial response."

Robertson said he wrote Premier Christy Clark last year asking for the province to support a speculation tax but hasn't heard back.

The city's report states the preferred option is for the provincial government to create and administer a new class of "residential vacant" property through BC Assessment. The designation would trigger the city to charge extra taxes on empty or under-occupied investment properties.

The second option is for the city to establish a new business tax for empty and under-occupied homes held as investment properties.

Premier Clark responded on twitter saying "We are reviewing your report and will respond quickly."

The current rental vacancy rate in Vancouver 0.6 per cent. A city-commissioned report in March estimated there are 10,800 homes and condos sitting empty in Vancouver, though the rate of empty homes has remained flat over the past 14 years and is in line with other Canadian cities. It's thought a high percentage of the homes that do remain empty are owned by foreign investors who do not live in or rent the units.

"We'll continue to pursue all possible options at city hall to create opportunities for people struggling to find home in Vancouver." said Robertson.
Timpo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:07 PM   #6788
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 6,519
Thanked 16,653 Times in 3,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Fooking hell man...

$638,000 = $1166/sf
Elan Building unit 607 - 1255 Seymour Street, Vancouver

1 Bed
1 Bath
547 Sqft
2008 Built
$217.72 mnt. fees



607 - 1255 Seymour Street, Vancouver - 1 bed, 1 bath - For Sale | Condo In Vancouver
Lol. Who the fuck buys shit like this?
__________________
98 technoviolet M3/2/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2016, 03:26 AM   #6789
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: not vancouver
Posts: 2,647
Thanked 1,936 Times in 764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Empty home tax coming to Vancouver
"Vancouver housing is first and foremost for homes, not a commodity to make money with."

CBC News Posted: Jun 22, 2016 11:56 AM PT Last Updated: Jun 22, 2016 1:55 PM PT

Empty home tax coming to Vancouver - British Columbia - CBC News


Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson announces the city will move ahead with plans to implement a tax on empty homes. (Farrh Merali/CBC)

Mayor Gregor Robertson has announced Vancouver will move forward on taxing empty homes as the affordability crisis grows larger and rental vacancy rates shrink to unprecedented lows.

"Vancouver housing is first and foremost for homes, not a commodity to make money with," he said. "We need a tax on empty homes to encourage the best use of all our housing, and help boost our rental supply at a time when there's almost no vacancy and a real crunch on affordability."

A preliminary report recommends Vancouver work in concert with the B.C. government to come up with a scheme to tax empty homes, but it says "the City is prepared to take action on its own in absence of provincial response."

Robertson said he wrote Premier Christy Clark last year asking for the province to support a speculation tax but hasn't heard back.

The city's report states the preferred option is for the provincial government to create and administer a new class of "residential vacant" property through BC Assessment. The designation would trigger the city to charge extra taxes on empty or under-occupied investment properties.

The second option is for the city to establish a new business tax for empty and under-occupied homes held as investment properties.

Premier Clark responded on twitter saying "We are reviewing your report and will respond quickly."

The current rental vacancy rate in Vancouver 0.6 per cent. A city-commissioned report in March estimated there are 10,800 homes and condos sitting empty in Vancouver, though the rate of empty homes has remained flat over the past 14 years and is in line with other Canadian cities. It's thought a high percentage of the homes that do remain empty are owned by foreign investors who do not live in or rent the units.

"We'll continue to pursue all possible options at city hall to create opportunities for people struggling to find home in Vancouver." said Robertson.
will do shit all.

focus on eliminating the illegal flow of money into the country, irresponsible lending by banks, and the general sleaze that is the real estate market.

A tax of $10K on a $2M house won't deter someone when they are buying to launder money.
4444 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2016, 08:24 AM   #6790
I help report spam so I got this! <--
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,318
Thanked 808 Times in 370 Posts
1100/sqft already. We're reaching Singapore territory soon. Hong Kong is a long way to go I think 11000/sqft or something retarded like that.
Nlkko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:40 AM   #6791
this is the hardest n***a of all time
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,476
Thanked 4,417 Times in 1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
will do shit all.

focus on eliminating the illegal flow of money into the country, irresponsible lending by banks, and the general sleaze that is the real estate market.

A tax of $10K on a $2M house won't deter someone when they are buying to launder money.
why would they do that when they have their hand in the cookie jar

a $10k tax won't deter someone, but it'll add more spending money for politicians, maybe a bonus for themselves
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/611711-glow-1-0-0-a.html

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2016, 01:45 PM   #6792
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,074
Thanked 4,245 Times in 1,270 Posts
Trudeau to meet on housing affordability
By Eric MacKenzie
Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:02:39 PDT PM


Trudeau to meet on housing affordability | Vancouver 24 hrs


Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at a funding announcement in Burnaby at the SkyTrain operations centre with Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson and Premier Christy Clark. ERIC MACKENZIE, 24 HOURS

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau acknowledged Thursday that Metro Vancouver is facing a “significant crisis” in housing affordability, but added that lawmakers at the federal, provincial and municipal levels are “on it.”

“You can’t have roots in B.C. like I do and not know what your friends and neighbours and everyone seem to be talking about,” Trudeau said when speaking at the SkyTrain Operations Centre in Burnaby.

“I look forward to continuing the very positive and constructive conversations I’ve had with (Vancouver Mayor) Gregor (Robertson) and Premier (Christy) Clark and many different people throughout the Lower Mainland.”

Trudeau said he’ll also be hosting a Friday roundtable on the issue, meeting with “a broad range of experts and interested folks” to help find solutions to the rising costs of home ownership locally.

“This is an issue that is deeply, deeply relevant to folks here in the Lower Mainland, and we hear that, and we’re on it,” said Trudeau.

Robertson said he won’t be involved in that roundtable discussion but said it would be “an important meeting for the prime minister.”

“I’m sure he’ll get some candid feedback on the challenges we face in affordable housing here,” Robertson said.

Earlier this week, Robertson had renewed his call for a tax on unoccupied homes as a way of encouraging owners to add them to the city’s rental stock. He he’d like to see vacant properties pay “basically at a business tax level so that they’re paying their fair share.”

“They’re effectively used as a business holding and not a residence.”
Timpo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:00 PM   #6793
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,089
Thanked 1,097 Times in 442 Posts
Yeah we'll see if anything comes of it, chances are all their ideas will be similar to the empty home tax, the government gets more money but nothing changes.
MarkyMark is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2016, 03:06 PM   #6794
Fanboy
 
invader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 3,358
Thanked 427 Times in 137 Posts
Has anyone on RS recently taken their realtor license course?
__________________
Xbox Live - omgwtfbbq00


RS-X The Keeper 1st place 2012/2013
RS-X The Keeper 2nd place 2013/2014
RS1 1st place 2014/2015
invader is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:18 PM   #6795
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Gululu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Shaughnessy
Posts: 564
Thanked 755 Times in 209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Lol. Who the fuck buys shit like this?
local white parents buying for their mid-twenties daughter or son
Gululu is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-24-2016, 03:35 PM   #6796
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 190
Thanked 96 Times in 38 Posts
Why would BC hydro need to consent? It's not like you consented to a smart meter or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
They are saying they will use bc hydro data... did bc hydro even consent to that.
Digitalis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:45 PM   #6797
hello
 
originalhypa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: online
Posts: 18,334
Thanked 2,321 Times in 785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
local white parents buying for their mid-twenties daughter or son
Coming from a guy who drives a Ford, this is hilarious.
__________________
woot!
originalhypa is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-24-2016, 04:18 PM   #6798
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
UFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Van, BC
Posts: 3,591
Thanked 680 Times in 409 Posts
Fwiw mainlanders seem oddly interested in 'Murcan trucks. Lots of mainlanders rolling in F150's and the like in Richmond, even the new C-lais in Raptors
UFO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:13 PM   #6799
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 3,396
Thanked 3,559 Times in 892 Posts
Glad I don't live there. Trucks and mainlander driving sound disastrous.
flagella is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2016, 06:46 PM   #6800
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Gucci Mane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SRY
Posts: 2,519
Thanked 2,467 Times in 876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Fwiw mainlanders seem oddly interested in 'Murcan trucks. Lots of mainlanders rolling in F150's and the like in Richmond, even the new C-lais in Raptors
and new mustangs.
Gucci Mane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net