REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:02 AM   #2201
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
you are also humble too! hahaha!
the funny thing is, i am extremely humble and empathetic around good people.

however, when dealing with douches on the internet who make bold claims like 'you can't hack it' i take a different approach - also, can't hack vancouver? vancouver isn't exactly a city that chews you up and spits you out, quite the opposite, it's an easy place to live with huge amounts of government support. you can be a real loser and do alright in the lower mainland, that's not attractive to me.
Advertisement
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #2202
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
^ I think you are the new Marco 911 haha! you entertain me, thank you. You sure spend allot of time defending your POV
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2014, 07:11 AM   #2203
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
^ I think you are the new Marco 911 haha! you entertain me, thank you. You sure spend allot of time defending your POV
Ha! That's a perfect comparison.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2014, 07:54 AM   #2204

Quote:
this is the thing, if you actually had a good rebuttal, we could have an intelligent discussion, many people have done so - i don't need you to agree with me.

having said that, why would i not defend my position?

but, unfortunately, you throw shit up like ''you can't hack it" - if someone makes a veiled proverbial slap in the face at me, of course I will defend myself.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:15 AM   #2205

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
this is the thing, if you actually had a good rebuttal, we could have an intelligent discussion, many people have done so - i don't need you to agree with me.

having said that, why would i not defend my position?

but, unfortunately, you throw shit up like ''you can't hack it" - if someone makes a veiled proverbial slap in the face at me, of course I will defend myself.
you sure spend allot of time defending all your positions, I wasn't referring to my specific comments

this is revscene man, it is for fun, not some soapbox to tell everyone how smart you are.....well maybe for you....

"you can't hack it" comment sure got under your skin eh? I look forward to your next response haha!
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Old 03-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #2206

Quote:
you sure spend allot of time defending all your positions, I wasn't referring to my specific comments

this is revscene man, it is for fun, not some soapbox to tell everyone how smart you are.....well maybe for you....

"you can't hack it" comment sure got under your skin eh? I look forward to your next response haha!
allot isn't a word

that's my response
Old 03-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #2207

^ thank you for correcting my grammar on revscene Marco911
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Old 03-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #2208
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
back on topic...

last topic discussed was how renting beats owning, and that selling to rent is also better right now. is building a new home right now also a bad idea b/c if you're taking out a construction loan you are also potentially affected if interest rates rise as well, similar to buyers taking out a mortgage on a property?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #2209
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
back on topic...

last topic discussed was how renting beats owning, and that selling to rent is also better right now. is building a new home right now also a bad idea b/c if you're taking out a construction loan you are also potentially affected if interest rates rise as well, similar to buyers taking out a mortgage on a property?
Really depends on if you already own the land and not paying a mortgage on it. I would assume that construction cost of building a house shouldn't get lower with time. Only thing I would suggest is that if you are only being approved for this loan because of the low interest rate, I would be very cautious on proceeding since you would be at financial risk when rates do rise.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:44 PM   #2210
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
BMO cuts 5-year mortgage rate to 2.99% | Financial Post
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #2211
I don't get it

10/10 payments, max 25year amort, and a few more restrictions. It's honestly not much better than whats out there beside being able to advertise that rate.
Posted via RS Mobile
1.7El_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #2212
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

the race to the bottom continues. so glad i'm not an investor in canadian bank stocks.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #2213
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Noob question but Why wouldn't banks want to keep interest rates low? It's More business for them and it keeps the housing bust from blowing up in their faces. What economic changes would force bank to raise their rates?
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #2214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
Noob question but Why wouldn't banks want to keep interest rates low? It's More business for them and it keeps the housing bust from blowing up in their faces. What economic changes would force bank to raise their rates?
don't kid yourself. the c-suite execs in all the big banks want to raise the rate but the fundamental is not there to support it. BMO is desperately lowering rate to gain market share. if anything this latest move is more indication to me that Canada is facing some serious structural problem within OECD countries.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #2215

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
It's also not in Canada's best interest to raise rates since it'll cause our currency to appreciate, our goods get more expensive and we end up losing jobs because consumers end up importing goods rather than consume locally.

The Fed wants to raise rates in early 2015. BoC won't even have the slightest interest in moving their rates until they do. Equities is still a safe haven for at least the next 3-6 months. After that, things get interesting.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #2216
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
It's funny, everyone says things like "It's in X's best interest to keep Y where it is!"

I remember in '06/'07 when the Americans were getting more freaked out that China was holding a lot of American debt. "What if they called it in all at once? Wouldn't that ruin our economy?"
"Well, it wouldn't be in their best interests, the value of their assets would depreciate too quickly."

It's funny, because the same should have applied to the subprime mortgage thing. Renegotiate some loans, extend the term, write off a hundred thousand here or there. It would have been in their best interests.

And we all know how well that turned out.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:40 PM   #2217
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Bank stocks are doing well thank you very much.. remember all these loans are backed by CMHC, banks just take a cut by selling it. Compare the worst performing listed Canadian bank say Scotia, they are doing a few multiples better than any equivalent in the US say Citibank or even Asian favorite HSBC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson View Post
the race to the bottom continues. so glad i'm not an investor in canadian bank stocks.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2014, 11:56 PM   #2218

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
Bank stocks are doing well thank you very much.. remember all these loans are backed by CMHC, banks just take a cut by selling it. Compare the worst performing listed Canadian bank say Scotia, they are doing a few multiples better than any equivalent in the US say Citibank or even Asian favorite HSBC.
which is stupid, b/c as you say, it is the tax payer that is ensuring good performance.

the system in canada is broken. i LOVE conservative banks, but HATE government intervention to the level we see in canada.

politicians, whether they mean to or not, ruin everything with their meddling!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #2219
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Only in Vancouver, a $600k SFH makes headlines in the news: There?s a house for sale in Vancouver for under $600,000
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #2220
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
I'm willing to bet it sells for 800k
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #2221

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Only in Vancouver, a $600k SFH makes headlines in the news: There?s a house for sale in Vancouver for under $600,000
the plan worked, it's in the province (i refuse to call it a newspaper) - it's just another ploy to get horny idiots salivating over a 'deal'

people are idiots.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:54 AM   #2222
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
realtors like to also list it below 'assessed value', get a ton of people to the open house, and then field multiple offers and let the ebay effect kick in.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #2223

Welcome to free market. The Realtor is doing exactly what they are suppose to do though the newspaper post is tacky. It really doesn't need The Province exposure to sell for top dollar.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #2224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
Welcome to free market. The Realtor is doing exactly what they are suppose to do though the newspaper post is tacky. It really doesn't need The Province exposure to sell for top dollar.
of course it is a free market and people can do whatever they want to do. but this story also exposes the flaws of efficient market hypothesis. if vancouver was such a normal market the seller does not have to resort to this kind of selling tactic in order to sell his or her property. assuming this houses is grossly undervalued at today's price, which we can safely say it is. there is no reason the seller has to price the house at 600k but only to generate excitement and hopefully a bidding frenzy among the buyers. greed is a powerful driver.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:17 PM   #2225
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,421 Times in 273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
lol who would want to buy that shack?
its right on Clark and 10th with heavy truck traffic.

It Still has its original plaster walls and the whole house is probably laced with asbestos

Acura Integra Type R 00-1004 - It's back
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
E-40six is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: