REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:39 PM   #2476
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
If I had a house like that I would do drugs all the time

Maybe this is why I don't have a house like that
Advertisement
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #2477
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
If I had a house like that I would do drugs all the time

Maybe this is why I don't have a house like that
I thought you did drugs all the time regardless?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #2478
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
What are the benefits and downsides of going with a Mortgage Broker vs simply going into a bank?

Also, for a buyer, what benefit will a realtor have besides them doing all the leg work to find and schedule viewings for the buyer? Price wise is it typically cheaper to go without realtor and have the seller's realtor discount you on the commission or would a buyer's realtor be able to negotiate better?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #2479
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
What are the benefits and downsides of going with a Mortgage Broker vs simply going into a bank?

Also, for a buyer, what benefit will a realtor have besides them doing all the leg work to find and schedule viewings for the buyer? Price wise is it typically cheaper to go without realtor and have the seller's realtor discount you on the commission or would a buyer's realtor be able to negotiate better?
You can get a better rate from a mortgage broker.

In terms of having your own agent they can give you advice, how to neogiate a better price and help you with the contracts.

Friend of mine recently bought an townhouse, while he was looking he made an offer to one of the townhouse and have an inspector to inspect it. There seems to be some issue with it and he wanted to back out. But the contract he sign mentions that even if the inspector report came out bad he still have to purchase it as long as he can get a mortgage. Long story short he was freak out........ Luckily the seller decided not to sell it.

Same friend he finally made another offer for an apartment the seller thinks the price is too low and didn't contact him at all. After a few weeks the seller's agent call him and asked him to submit another offer maybe higher than his orginal one as there are other people making offers as well. So my friend offer $5k higher, which imo is stupid if he have an agent he wouldn't have jump the offer by this much. If the seller comes back it basically means they want to sell it badly so even a $500 increase should be fine.

So having an agent can help you to make sure all the fine print is there. Remember the seller agent is working to get the most money out of you not the other way around.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #2480
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
In a perfect world, a mortgage broker is supposed to do all the legwork for you in getting you the best rate available by shopping from a whole bunch of different financial agency. In the real world, however, assuming that you have a really good working relationship with a certain bank, the personal relationship might be able to get you a better rate. I have seen both situations happening (on different occasions, of course), so in the real world, you are still going to want to do some interest rate shopping on your own.

For the buyer, the benefit in having your own realtor is, by using only the seller's realtor, there is a potential conflict of interest issue happening. Again in a perfect world, a realtor is supposed to look after your interest in the transaction, so supposedly, having your own realtor should mean that he is there to, first and foremost, look after your interest in making sure that the place you are buying is a good buy. By using the seller's realtor, he might just be motivated to sell, so the prospect of keeping a larger share of the commission might mean he won't look out for your interest quite as much. And obviously, if you have a realtor that you have a personal relationship with, obviously that brings a better chance where he will be on the lookout for you.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #2481
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
if you have a realtor that you have a personal relationship with, obviously that brings a better chance where he will be on the lookout for you.
Not too sure about that part, family have been screw by real estate agent whom we known for years. It seems the closer they are, the more they will screw you over........ after all who would expect a family friend to screw you over.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #2482

Ugh... sorry to hear about absolute bullshxt like that.

Of course that kind of nonsense can happen, but generally speaking, I still believe that having an established relationship with a realtor should bring about a better transaction experience. That's supposed to be how trust and relationship works in general, right?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #2483
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
By using the seller's realtor, he might just be motivated to sell, so the prospect of keeping a larger share of the commission might mean he won't look out for your interest quite as much.
Actually data shows that using the seller's realtor does not always work in favor of the seller. It is in realtor's best interest to close deals as fast as possible and because they only receive a small percentage of the sale, the marginal increase in their profit is usually not worth losing a potential buyer. Statistically, realtors sell their clients property faster and at lower prices than when they are selling their own property.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #2484
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Realtors are also covered by errors and omissions insurance and have access to MLS.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:10 PM   #2485
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post

Benefits of a mortgage broker is they can usually find the best deals for you quite quickly and do most of the work for you. You don't pay anything extra as the bank pays the commission.

Banks usually give you the run around and it takes up your own time to go apply, etc.

That said, you should still approach some banks to see what they can offer you. I used a mortgage broker the first time but on renewal, the bank I was with pulled out all stops to beat any other offers I guess due to established good relationship. Even the mortgage broker said he couldn't beat it and told me to go with the bank.

Upsides of not having a buying realtor is saving the commission on the buyer side.

Downsides are you don't have access to more detailed MLS information and history of the listings. Other realtors may be reluctant to deal with you if it's between your offer and another offer with a realtor. You're doing all the leg work and setting up all of the appointments yourself and burning your own gas money, minor issue but I hate looking for an address and parking too.

Buying a place is already stressful enough, I prefer to have others handle some of the issues for me especially for my first time when they can walk you through it.
Noreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2014, 07:08 AM   #2486
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I thought you did drugs all the time regardless?

I'm going to do drugs right now, but only because a morning bong toke helps me take a big dump before my morning seawall ride prior to my morning $5 coffee

Old 07-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #2487
Banned (ABWS)

Vancouver to collect data on property speculators, empty dwellings | Vancouver Sun

It’s interesting that officials in London, England, faced with wealthy buyers from Russia to Malaysia, are considering taxing empty houses and condominiums.

And other jurisdictions, including Hong Kong and Australia, have a host of restrictions on foreign ownership. There are few countries that don’t. Even the U.S. does.
Shark Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 08:25 AM   #2488
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

although i applaud the effort, i think it's too little too late that the government can do anything tangible to save Vancouver real estate from a soft landing at this point.

edit: opps, actually meant a hard landing. soft landing is only for the people who think Vancouver is special and this time is different.

Last edited by Carl Johnson; 07-16-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #2489
Banned (ABWS)

The Tyee ? Tyee Poll: Should There Be More Restrictions on Foreign Ownership of Canadian Real Estate?
Old 07-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #2490
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

typical Canadian head-in-the-sand thinking. whether you want to admit it or not, China will most likely challenge U.S. hegemony in this century. The chinese will continue to go all over the world to secure resources and assets that are critical to their economy. just because we canadians put all our eggs in one basket (energy) which it has worked for the last century, it doesn't mean it will continue to work in the 21st century.

i hope the governments will not stand in the way of free market. if some chinese think it is wise to pay 5+ million for a 4500sqft house in vancouver west, go ahead, let him or her do it. obviously some of them have never heard of mean reversion and the difference between what you pay and what you get. but leave that natural process to the market not the government.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #2491
I bringith the lowerballerith

What you guys think on buying a condo in a complex with low-income housing or below market rentals?
Nssan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #2492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssan View Post
What you guys think on buying a condo in a complex with low-income housing or below market rentals?
For residential purposes or for investment?

If it is for residential purposes, I don't see why you should avoid it solely because of the low-income housing / below market rental factor. The low-income housing thing should be a factor for you to take into consideration, but it should only serve as one of the many considerations you take into account.

For investment purposes, however, I'd think that the low-income housing factor would play a bigger role. But again, it shouldn't be the sole factor for you to consider.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #2493
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

I think Ed Hardy, pit bulls, lots of tattoos and maybe even some juggalos
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #2494

Quote:
I wouldn't do it no matter how cheap it is. First you will have a hard selling it at all. Second a lot of these people have issue and they aren't the nicest neighbour or people you want to see day to day. Trust me the company for provide cable service for a building like that and it is a nightmare. Techs don't want ot be there (needles inside their suite, the building is messy and garbage everywhere and these suites are so dirty we have to refuse appoitments). These people call in and scream and yell because their service got cut off due to them not paying their bills for months. A few times they came to our office and we have to call the police because they are acting very aggersive.

There are a few that's good and are actually trying to improve but they are far between. So my advice is don't waste your money and buy somewhere else that's better.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #2495
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
You would end up being in a niche market - not what you want when it's time to sell, as your market dictates your value, less market mostly leads to less value.

If you can't afford to buy, don't. And don't be ashamed by that. Life is about living and loving, not being indebted to a piece of mdf and framing
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:59 AM   #2496
Banned (ABWS)

This city blows anyways.
ibengqdurol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #2497
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I wouldn't do it no matter how cheap it is. First you will have a hard selling it at all.
I see what you're saying, but I liken this to buying/selling a US import car, or a rebuilt car. You can use either of those facts for you when negotiating a buying price to get a great deal. Just remember that when it comes time to sell, potential buyers can/will use those exact same points against you, and don't expect to get the same full market value as a local car or one with a clean title. At the end of the day it all depends on the numbers.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #2498
Banned (ABWS)

Dat architecture is insane!
Would be tough to choose between this or Shangri la to live in.

Vancouver House tower makes enemies before it's built by targeting Asian buyers
Old 07-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #2499
Banned (ABWS)

Many white people invest in tattoos and DJ equipment and not a good financial manager and property

I probably put a condo up my nose
Old 07-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #2500
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
I probably put a condo up my nose
That reminds me of a joke!

Why do Meth heads love halloween?

Spoiler!
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote