REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #3276
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Too bad most realtors (basically every one I know/have met) don't know fuck all about anything, especially finances, economics, or home construction. Then again, why would they, it's what? 6 weeks to complete the course?!
Woah woah woah! These guys are UBC Sauder School of Business alumni! Let's show some respect for these graduates.

Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:24 PM   #3277
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

i met with a 1% realtor today, she seemed pretty good.

didn't try to bull shit me on anything...she addressed the thought that some realtors might skip by their listings but with so few available houses and with home buyers doing alot of the looking themselves it shouldn't be an issue

brought with her a listing that sold last month in my area....listed at $649,000 sold for $693,00 in 2 days
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #3278
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post

brought with her a listing that sold last month in my area....listed at $649,000 sold for $693,00 in 2 days

My girlfriend put an offer on a house last week for 895k

It sold the next day for 975k and the buyer paid cash
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #3279

haha holy fuck
Old 03-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #3280
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
On the same vein, my relative from HK recently offered 2.0M for a west-side house, slightly above asking price.

It sold for 2.4M!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:04 PM   #3281
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
On the same vein, my relative from HK recently offered 2.0M for a west-side house, slightly above asking price.

It sold for 2.4M!

https://www.facebook.com/VancouverVanishes

All these nice houses getting ripped down to build some gaudy megabox

Old 03-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #3282
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
My girlfriend put an offer on a house last week for 895k

It sold the next day for 975k and the buyer paid cash
dude, why didn't you convince her to rent some sweet-ass pad in gastown instead of buying?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2015, 11:12 PM   #3283
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Based on you guys' knowledge/experience. Would it be better to list a 370-380k town home in surrey through 1% realty or through one of the "bigger"companies.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:22 AM   #3284
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

if you know what you want. Negotiate by yourself.
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #3285
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Problem with 1% realty is that some realtors boycott ALL listings being hosted by them. Meaning they will not bring their clients there.

So up to you, if not in a rush to sell. Sure why not! But, if you are in a rush and got another place to buy then I would rather the lather.
Gunsmokez is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2015, 09:15 PM   #3286
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Yea, I was thinking that too..but I was thinking if most buyers search for homes on their own online nowadays then it's worth a shot to save some $ if it works out.. that's my train of thought with going with 1% lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:37 AM   #3287
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Is it just me or is every house on the market basically listing above their assessment value by like 100k?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:02 AM   #3288
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Fml...

Our budget was $750k-$900k in January. Now that the CAD went to the shitter and rates went down, I'm looking at $800k-$1m for these same houses.

Better yet, we discovered that a downhill plan in Burke Mountain is way better than uphill. It's going to cost $1.25m.

Spent the whole Saturday looking at all active listings in Burke Mountain under $1.2m. Today we went to see a townhouse in Vancouver. Underwhelming. And what's the appeal with those "big" houses that gets chopped into 3-4 with 1000 sq ft in Kits charging $850k? They are not appealing at all.

Conclusion: rent until kids pop out. End of rant.
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:24 AM   #3289
Banned (ABWS)

So many white people are not going to reproduce because they've been priced out of a family home and they refuse to move to Surrey

Crazy when I think about all of the intelligent people I know in their mid 30's and now 40's who basically know they've got to leave Vancouver if they will ever have a place to raise a family, sad.

Dumps in East Vancouver are so ridiculously priced even, went to see a place on like 13th and Fraser, they wanted 700k for a place with a fucked foundation, tiny plot of land and the backyard overlooks a parking lot and a car rental yard.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:18 AM   #3290

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Is it just me or is every house on the market basically listing above their assessment value by like 100k?
at the very least...if it's not, it's probably a realtor strategy to list it 'low' in their eyes to stir up interest/bidding war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
So many white people are not going to reproduce because they've been priced out of a family home and they refuse to move to Surrey

Dumps in East Vancouver are so ridiculously priced even, went to see a place on like 13th and Fraser, they wanted 700k for a place with a fucked foundation, tiny plot of land and the backyard overlooks a parking lot and a car rental yard.
it will create a gap in the work force in your industry if that's the case, better branch in to asian genre

yes it's pretty disgusting at prices in east van. they did another 'article' in the province 1 or 2 weeks back at the 'lowest listed' homes for sale in east van. they were crack shacks listed at like 750k.

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2015, 07:50 AM   #3291
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmokez View Post
Problem with 1% realty is that some realtors boycott ALL listings being hosted by them. Meaning they will not bring their clients there.

So up to you, if not in a rush to sell. Sure why not! But, if you are in a rush and got another place to buy then I would rather the lather.
haha! self preservation from realtors....there is no reasonable justification for realtors to make what they make based on what the service they provide. When I bought my house, I found it myself online and all my realtor did was set up the viewing.....lol!
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #3292

same when i bought mine originally...we went out for one day looking at houses and the one i ended up buying i found
Old 03-09-2015, 08:07 AM   #3293
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
haha! self preservation from realtors....there is no reasonable justification for realtors to make what they make based on what the service they provide. When I bought my house, I found it myself online and all my realtor did was set up the viewing.....lol!
Vancouver and area has added more Realtors in the last few years than any other jurisdictions in North America.

Everyone and their grandmas are basically realtors now. All you need is a heart beat to become one. So many people do it part-time and why not? You can supplement your full-time income.

I just hate how many of them are shady as fuck and don't know anything really about real estate.

Mortgage brokers is the other job profession that is growing that have many shady characters as well.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #3294
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Yup its fucking nuts out there
VR6GTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #3295

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
anyone who actually pays full commission to realtors is getting screwed. If you are selling and buying from the same realtor, what do you guys actually pay? My question is based on not wasting your realtors time or wanting them to wine and dine you, just to close the deal....I would pay 50% of the standard commission....which is still too much!
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:15 AM   #3296
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
i thought realtors still get paid their full commission under joint deals with 1% realtors? my friend was laughing about how he still gets his full commission when dealing with someone from 1%
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #3297

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
Vancouver and area has added more Realtors in the last few years than any other jurisdictions in North America.

Everyone and their grandmas are basically realtors now. All you need is a heart beat to become one. So many people do it part-time and why not? You can supplement your full-time income.

I just hate how many of them are shady as fuck and don't know anything really about real estate.

Mortgage brokers is the other job profession that is growing that have many shady characters as well.
i never understood people doing it 'part-time'. who'd use you if it's a hobby, other then you representing yourself in a transaction to save costs.

throw home inspectors in to the shady category where joe the baker can be licensed. i heard it got better in terms of licensing...i know in the past you can get it online. one of the local reporters took the test/course online and showed how she got certified in 45min and knew absolutely NOTHING.

i remember my realtor saying buyer realtors get their cut and it's non-negotiable or else they will stop bringing clients to their listings, so it's like the standard...clients' interest #1

i've only met 1 realtor that seemed to know anything of use. he was a part-time GC as he bought homes, gutted them and reno'd and such, so he knew about construction. that being said, he knew enough to make $, costmetic reno only, no service/utility/backbone upgrades.

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 03-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #3298
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
same when i bought mine originally...we went out for one day looking at houses and the one i ended up buying i found
I had a similar experience last time I moved. He showed us a few but I found the house we ended up buying. I used the same guy to sell my place I swear all he did was put it on MLS, there were no open houses or anything. The only good thing was it was at a time when homes were selling themselves. The only reason I used him was I was doing my dad a favor (A friend of his who was helping him with his race car).

If I learned anything from that it's never use anyone you know. These commission rates made sense 30 years ago but they haven't adjusted with the home prices at all. Another thing that hasn't adjusted is Property Transfer Tax, the amount they charge you for doing that paper work they could have 2 people working on transferring ownership of your property full time for over a month, the paper work must be really tough.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:55 AM   #3299

My parents have never used a Realtor. Always bought and sold their houses by Owner, never had any issues. Of course, this was back in the 80's and 90's, maybe times have changed now.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #3300
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
The only reason I can see using a realtor to buy is because they get new list listings before those listings hit MLS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote