REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #6776
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Half your mortgage for your first year is like $8000 which isn't even that much for the amount you're paying for the unit. The down payment helps a lot with first time buyers but you're technically still paying for an over priced condo with no parking. They are very creative in making this sound like a sweet deal
Advertisement
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #6777
G
Banned (BBM)

Receive a purchase appointment yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStyo View Post
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/conc...e-easy-program

Draw took place already last weekend. 50 were picked - given the there are not 1BR + Den the 1BR plans are about 520sq ft, it's easily $700/sqft. No parking, those are likely not an option for 1BR units ($35K each).

Words on streets is there's 1300+ requests forms for only about 400~ units for Tower 1. Demand will likely spill to Tower 2.

Disclosure: I have unit request in myself so am familiar with project. Also am related to staff there.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:57 PM   #6778
Need to Seek Professional Help

I am very surprised there are might only be 1300 request forms. Not as much demand as i initially thought...
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:53 AM   #6779
My homepage has been set to RS

For bankers, the smell of real estate profit in Vancouver is being overwhelmed by whiff of something worse | South China Morning Post

But hey, it's just supply and demand issues right?
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2016, 11:03 AM   #6780
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
Vancouver takes next steps on taxing empty homes | URBAN DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE

“Vancouver housing is first and foremost for homes, not a commodity to make money with,” says Mayor Gregor Robertson. “We need a tax on empty homes to encourage the best use of all our housing, and help boost our rental supply at a time when there’s almost no vacancy and a real crunch on affordability. The BC government recognizes the need for more housing supply to address affordability and they can enable the best tool to help turn thousands of empty homes into rental homes. I’ve asked for the BC government’s urgent support to tax empty homes but the City needs to take action with or without other levels of government.”
1989 Yamaha Virago XV535 (sold)
1994 Ford Ranger (sold)
1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon (sold)
2014 Toyota Corolla (loaner)
1996 Isuzu Trooper (RIP🔥)
2003 Jetta Wolfie (sold)
1963 (T)rusty Stude Lark (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
kunoman is still alive! not raped by oil riggers yet....
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2016, 01:48 PM   #6781
G
Banned (BBM)

Concord Brentwood: $386,900 starting low levels. No parking.

$890 per sq.ft. approx if you want parking + locker
Old 06-22-2016, 09:35 PM   #6782
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunoman1 View Post
“We need a tax on empty homes to encourage the best use of all our housing, and help boost our rental supply at a time when there’s almost no vacancy and a real crunch on affordability.

going down west point grey, Shaughnessy, point grey and dunbar

They are saying they will use bc hydro data... did bc hydro even consent to that.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:06 AM   #6783
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
$890 per sq.ft. approx if you want parking + locker
Wow... $890/sqft for the first tower, and i'm assuming the lowest levels too...
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:13 AM   #6784
G
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Wow... $890/sqft for the first tower, and i'm assuming the lowest levels too...
$890 is mid to high levels.

But maybe JDMStyo can throw some more input since they are related to staff.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:24 AM   #6785
My homepage has been set to RS

$900 /sf for a condo in Burnaby
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #6786
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Fooking hell man...

$638,000 = $1166/sf
Elan Building unit 607 - 1255 Seymour Street, Vancouver

1 Bed
1 Bath
547 Sqft
2008 Built
$217.72 mnt. fees

607 - 1255 Seymour Street, Vancouver - 1 bed, 1 bath - For Sale | Condo In Vancouver
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:02 PM   #6787
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Empty home tax coming to Vancouver
"Vancouver housing is first and foremost for homes, not a commodity to make money with."

CBC News Posted: Jun 22, 2016 11:56 AM PT Last Updated: Jun 22, 2016 1:55 PM PT

Empty home tax coming to Vancouver - British Columbia - CBC News

Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson announces the city will move ahead with plans to implement a tax on empty homes. (Farrh Merali/CBC)

Mayor Gregor Robertson has announced Vancouver will move forward on taxing empty homes as the affordability crisis grows larger and rental vacancy rates shrink to unprecedented lows.

"Vancouver housing is first and foremost for homes, not a commodity to make money with," he said. "We need a tax on empty homes to encourage the best use of all our housing, and help boost our rental supply at a time when there's almost no vacancy and a real crunch on affordability."

A preliminary report recommends Vancouver work in concert with the B.C. government to come up with a scheme to tax empty homes, but it says "the City is prepared to take action on its own in absence of provincial response."

Robertson said he wrote Premier Christy Clark last year asking for the province to support a speculation tax but hasn't heard back.

The city's report states the preferred option is for the provincial government to create and administer a new class of "residential vacant" property through BC Assessment. The designation would trigger the city to charge extra taxes on empty or under-occupied investment properties.

The second option is for the city to establish a new business tax for empty and under-occupied homes held as investment properties.

Premier Clark responded on twitter saying "We are reviewing your report and will respond quickly."

The current rental vacancy rate in Vancouver 0.6 per cent. A city-commissioned report in March estimated there are 10,800 homes and condos sitting empty in Vancouver, though the rate of empty homes has remained flat over the past 14 years and is in line with other Canadian cities. It's thought a high percentage of the homes that do remain empty are owned by foreign investors who do not live in or rent the units.

"We'll continue to pursue all possible options at city hall to create opportunities for people struggling to find home in Vancouver." said Robertson.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:07 PM   #6788
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Fooking hell man...

$638,000 = $1166/sf
Elan Building unit 607 - 1255 Seymour Street, Vancouver

1 Bed
1 Bath
547 Sqft
2008 Built
$217.72 mnt. fees

607 - 1255 Seymour Street, Vancouver - 1 bed, 1 bath - For Sale | Condo In Vancouver
Lol. Who the fuck buys shit like this?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2016, 02:26 AM   #6789
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Empty home tax coming to Vancouver
"Vancouver housing is first and foremost for homes, not a commodity to make money with."

CBC News Posted: Jun 22, 2016 11:56 AM PT Last Updated: Jun 22, 2016 1:55 PM PT

Empty home tax coming to Vancouver - British Columbia - CBC News

Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson announces the city will move ahead with plans to implement a tax on empty homes. (Farrh Merali/CBC)

Mayor Gregor Robertson has announced Vancouver will move forward on taxing empty homes as the affordability crisis grows larger and rental vacancy rates shrink to unprecedented lows.

"Vancouver housing is first and foremost for homes, not a commodity to make money with," he said. "We need a tax on empty homes to encourage the best use of all our housing, and help boost our rental supply at a time when there's almost no vacancy and a real crunch on affordability."

A preliminary report recommends Vancouver work in concert with the B.C. government to come up with a scheme to tax empty homes, but it says "the City is prepared to take action on its own in absence of provincial response."

Robertson said he wrote Premier Christy Clark last year asking for the province to support a speculation tax but hasn't heard back.

The city's report states the preferred option is for the provincial government to create and administer a new class of "residential vacant" property through BC Assessment. The designation would trigger the city to charge extra taxes on empty or under-occupied investment properties.

The second option is for the city to establish a new business tax for empty and under-occupied homes held as investment properties.

Premier Clark responded on twitter saying "We are reviewing your report and will respond quickly."

The current rental vacancy rate in Vancouver 0.6 per cent. A city-commissioned report in March estimated there are 10,800 homes and condos sitting empty in Vancouver, though the rate of empty homes has remained flat over the past 14 years and is in line with other Canadian cities. It's thought a high percentage of the homes that do remain empty are owned by foreign investors who do not live in or rent the units.

"We'll continue to pursue all possible options at city hall to create opportunities for people struggling to find home in Vancouver." said Robertson.
will do shit all.

focus on eliminating the illegal flow of money into the country, irresponsible lending by banks, and the general sleaze that is the real estate market.

A tax of $10K on a $2M house won't deter someone when they are buying to launder money.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2016, 07:24 AM   #6790
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
1100/sqft already. We're reaching Singapore territory soon. Hong Kong is a long way to go I think 11000/sqft or something retarded like that.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:40 AM   #6791
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
will do shit all.

focus on eliminating the illegal flow of money into the country, irresponsible lending by banks, and the general sleaze that is the real estate market.

A tax of $10K on a $2M house won't deter someone when they are buying to launder money.
why would they do that when they have their hand in the cookie jar

a $10k tax won't deter someone, but it'll add more spending money for politicians, maybe a bonus for themselves

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2016, 12:45 PM   #6792
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Trudeau to meet on housing affordability
By Eric MacKenzie
Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:02:39 PDT PM

Trudeau to meet on housing affordability | Vancouver 24 hrs

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at a funding announcement in Burnaby at the SkyTrain operations centre with Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson and Premier Christy Clark. ERIC MACKENZIE, 24 HOURS

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau acknowledged Thursday that Metro Vancouver is facing a “significant crisis” in housing affordability, but added that lawmakers at the federal, provincial and municipal levels are “on it.”

“You can’t have roots in B.C. like I do and not know what your friends and neighbours and everyone seem to be talking about,” Trudeau said when speaking at the SkyTrain Operations Centre in Burnaby.

“I look forward to continuing the very positive and constructive conversations I’ve had with (Vancouver Mayor) Gregor (Robertson) and Premier (Christy) Clark and many different people throughout the Lower Mainland.”

Trudeau said he’ll also be hosting a Friday roundtable on the issue, meeting with “a broad range of experts and interested folks” to help find solutions to the rising costs of home ownership locally.

“This is an issue that is deeply, deeply relevant to folks here in the Lower Mainland, and we hear that, and we’re on it,” said Trudeau.

Robertson said he won’t be involved in that roundtable discussion but said it would be “an important meeting for the prime minister.”

“I’m sure he’ll get some candid feedback on the challenges we face in affordable housing here,” Robertson said.

Earlier this week, Robertson had renewed his call for a tax on unoccupied homes as a way of encouraging owners to add them to the city’s rental stock. He he’d like to see vacant properties pay “basically at a business tax level so that they’re paying their fair share.”

“They’re effectively used as a business holding and not a residence.”
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:00 PM   #6793
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Yeah we'll see if anything comes of it, chances are all their ideas will be similar to the empty home tax, the government gets more money but nothing changes.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2016, 02:06 PM   #6794
Fanboy

Has anyone on RS recently taken their realtor license course?
Old 06-24-2016, 02:18 PM   #6795
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Lol. Who the fuck buys shit like this?
local white parents buying for their mid-twenties daughter or son
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-24-2016, 02:35 PM   #6796
I don't get it

Why would BC hydro need to consent? It's not like you consented to a smart meter or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
They are saying they will use bc hydro data... did bc hydro even consent to that.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #6797
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
local white parents buying for their mid-twenties daughter or son
Coming from a guy who drives a Ford, this is hilarious.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-24-2016, 03:18 PM   #6798
UFO

Fwiw mainlanders seem oddly interested in 'Murcan trucks. Lots of mainlanders rolling in F150's and the like in Richmond, even the new C-lais in Raptors
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:13 PM   #6799

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Glad I don't live there. Trucks and mainlander driving sound disastrous.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2016, 05:46 PM   #6800
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Fwiw mainlanders seem oddly interested in 'Murcan trucks. Lots of mainlanders rolling in F150's and the like in Richmond, even the new C-lais in Raptors
and new mustangs.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote