REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Richmond Acura Poor Service

Is there anyone experienced a bad service by Richmond Acura? I bought a 2013 RDX 3 months ago and noticed there is a brake noise from the front wheel. I brought my car to Richmond Acura to check for my brake.

First of all, the service advisor called "Teresa Fung" is the worst advisor that I have ever seen, her attitude is extremely horrible and doesn't seem to know what she is doing. After a road test with a technician, I was told there is no problem at the brake but I can definitely hear a high pitch tone everytime when I apply the brake. They machined 4 of my rotors on a new car with only 2000km without notifying me. I asked Teresa what's the problem with the rotors. She told me there is nothing wrong with the rotors. I was like WTF and asked Teresa why you machined 4 of my rotors when you think there isn't a problem with the rotors. She replied "What else do you expect me to do" with a horrible attitude. I was really pissed off that they machined the rotors on a brand new car. The problem is the noise is still there even though they machined 4 of my rotors. I brought my car back again to check because that brake noise really bothers me. She said they are going to follow-up with the techline and will call me back. She never call me back regarding the issue and just leave me behind. Then I received a survey from Acura Canada from the email, so I just put fill out the survey based on my honest opinion. Two weeks later, I went back to follow-up on the status for the brake issue. Guess what, the advisor told me that her manager is very upset about the low score survey and told me never bring my car back to Richmond Acura again!!!!

I honestly cannot believe the service at Richmond Acura.
Advertisement
spoonpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
^ Richmond Acura's culture is completely horrible. The leasing mgr, can't remember his name is a total tool as well........you can laugh your ass of at them because they aren't selling or servicing cars like 4yrs ago, so no one is making money there!

When I had a RDX, I serviced it Burrard Acura....awesome service, I recommend you see Mike there...great guy!
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonpower View Post
Guess what, the advisor told me that her manager is very upset about the low score survey and told me never bring my car back to Richmond Acura again!!!!

Your best bet, honestly, is to avoid all Richmond dealerships, especially for warranty work. A quick search on RS will yield a million and one threads talking about poor service with virtually all Richmond-based dealerships.

Edit: Or you can be a total ass and continually go back to that dealership and fuck with their survey results...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
You can call Acura Canada and file a complaint. Then simply take your car to another dealership.

At the new dealership, ask if you can ride with the technician in the car and point out exactly the noise you are hearing. Don't leave the dealership until they acknowledge they can hear the same thing you do and agree with you that it's a problem. That's always the first step.
Eff-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Since this is a dealership rant....I have another one, I should just write a journal on my adventures in dealerships....

Cowell Volkswagen replaced all their meaningful staff with a bunch of mainlanders who barely spoke english. The signs on paper, and infographics on the cars were all in simplified chinese, with the english ones having to be requested. Keep in mind Cowell was supposed to be one of the better dealerships, before this staff replacement.

We tried to return our leased Jetta a week prior, which should've been a 10 minute paperwork & insurance cancellation process. The entire process took an hour or so with an additional 10 minutes on top.

We were supposed to meet the sales manager John for this slip stream process, but as it turns out, he had already left for the day at 5:30, when he booked us in at 6:30. Even told my mother and I "don't be late, or I wont help you". Bastard had the audacity to leave early without telling anyone in the dealership, or made the effort to call my mom to re-arrange.

So I just walked around, asked one of the sales person if he had any GTI's or GLI's or Golf R's for me to check out. First thing that comes out of his mouth? "No discount, if you want discount, dont buy"

Sure, let me just fuck right off now.

Everyone tossed us around, telling us "no, we dont do lease returns, i think he does". Now multiply this by 5 or 6 times. It was obvious if we weren't buying, we shouldn't be there. Told us to come back tomorrow, but we couldn't, the insurance was over at midnight.

Eventually, the guy idling around and chatting with his co workers (Ding, or Dong?) came around and said "Oh lease return? I can do that, simple!"

Yes, simple, except we just sat around and waited, asking everyone to just take our god damn car back while you're in ear sight chatting away without a care.

So yes, that's my small rant, don't go to Cowell unless you look like you want to buy at sticker price
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Before i Google it- The dealer is in Richmond, Isn't it? If i'm right, Then just take your business elsewhere. Seriously. They're used to FOBs coming in and buying the car without even negotiating on it.
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Cowell used to be decent, at least for service work. Guildford and Capilano also used to be the dealerships to go to for warranty work if you had modified your car.

I had a shitty experience with the Langley VW dealership before they changed ownership (can't recall what they used to be called). I had them replace my throttle cable after it had snapped on me. Obviously they didn't take the car for a test drive afterwards 'cause the whole thing was fucked up once I picked up the car. I came back and told them the issues I was having, which the service advisor told me was a transmission problem. As I had also just repaired the transmission from Mr Transmission down the road, I popped by there and asked them to take a look at it. They informed me that the transmission was fine and that the throttle cable VW had replaced was too short, nor was it an OE product. So... I drive back to Volkswagen and repeat what the guys at Mr T. told me. The service advisor flat out denied that they replaced my throttle cable with an aftermarket unit, stating that they "only use OEM parts." At this point I was getting frustrated with the SA and asked him to bring the mechanic over who had worked on my car. He agreed and called the tech to the service desk. With a look of confidence on his face, the SA asked the mechanic what sort of cable he used...

"Oh, an aftermarket one from Lordco since VW no longer supplies the cable I needed."

The look on the SA's face was priceless. However, he quickly regained his composure and started to refuse to warranty the work that was just completed, even though it was faulty. Even going to his boss didn't accomplish anything. Finally after leaving VW while swearing my head off, I went back to Mr Transmission, who after hearing what I had just gone through, replaced my throttle cable for free, despite the fact that absolutely none of this was their fault... even going so far as to show me the old one compared with the one they put in.

Anyway, long story short... contacted VW of Canada with the entire story, they had the owner of the dealership call and apologize, and told me that they let that particular service advisor go as apparently I wasn't the only one to have lodged a complaint against him. Despite that, I refused to go back, which ended up being the start of my learning curve in mechanics and working on cars.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,930 Times in 504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
Since this is a dealership rant....I have another one, I should just write a journal on my adventures in dealerships....

Cowell Volkswagen replaced all their meaningful staff with a bunch of mainlanders who barely spoke english. The signs on paper, and infographics on the cars were all in simplified chinese, with the english ones having to be requested. Keep in mind Cowell was supposed to be one of the better dealerships, before this staff replacement.

We tried to return our leased Jetta a week prior, which should've been a 10 minute paperwork & insurance cancellation process. The entire process took an hour or so with an additional 10 minutes on top.

We were supposed to meet the sales manager John for this slip stream process, but as it turns out, he had already left for the day at 5:30, when he booked us in at 6:30. Even told my mother and I "don't be late, or I wont help you". Bastard had the audacity to leave early without telling anyone in the dealership, or made the effort to call my mom to re-arrange.

So I just walked around, asked one of the sales person if he had any GTI's or GLI's or Golf R's for me to check out. First thing that comes out of his mouth? "No discount, if you want discount, dont buy"

Sure, let me just fuck right off now.

Everyone tossed us around, telling us "no, we dont do lease returns, i think he does". Now multiply this by 5 or 6 times. It was obvious if we weren't buying, we shouldn't be there. Told us to come back tomorrow, but we couldn't, the insurance was over at midnight.

Eventually, the guy idling around and chatting with his co workers (Ding, or Dong?) came around and said "Oh lease return? I can do that, simple!"

Yes, simple, except we just sat around and waited, asking everyone to just take our god damn car back while you're in ear sight chatting away without a care.

So yes, that's my small rant, don't go to Cowell unless you look like you want to buy at sticker price
Surely I can't be the only one who read everything in quotes with a fobby Chinese accent?

Seems like Richmond dealerships are going down the shitter, lol. Keeps me away from them ahaha.

Last edited by kakucaekz; 10-05-2012 at 10:37 AM.
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Just out of curiosity, with all these complains and such, does contacting BBB accomplish anything with regards to these issues, or should they even be contacted at all?
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #10
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

For additional information, I finally brought my car to Lougheed Acura. It took them 2 days to fix my problem with other issues which I have been suffering with Richmond Acura for 2 months without a solution.

I suggest all the Acura owners "DO NOT BRING THE CAR TO RICHMOND ACURA ON NO.3 ROAD" if you don't want your car go mess up & treated poorly! The whole service department is basically fuxked up. The technician doesn't have enough knowledge & skills to fix a problem, service advisor with a awful attitude and doesn't follow-up with a customer especially Teresa Fung, the manager Martin Hebein will reject a customer and tell you never come back if you give them a low score survey.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
maybe Richmond Subaru, Richmond Acura and Richmond Audi is all owned by the same person!! :
Old 10-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #12
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post

Isn't this technically illegal as signs in a business MUST be primarily in English or French depending on if you're in Quebec or not? While I do know that there are restaurants in Richmond that have menus in Chinese only, car dealership information is crossing the line for me.

File a discrimination complaint .

Last edited by CorneringArtist; 10-05-2012 at 11:20 AM.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
although i recently purchased a vehicle from Rmd Acura.. i have never used them for service simply because I know all of the above to be true...i have experienced the rudeness of that whore only once.. and that was enough to encourage me to never deal with their service dept again.

NorthShore Acura is AWESOME

Burrard is getting better...

Lougheed is great!
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I love Lougheed Acura and their service is oustanding in my opinon. The technician called me in person after he investigated with the problem, explained to me the root cause and the action that they will do to fix the problem.

The more funny thing is when I first brought my car to Richmond Acura, Teresa Fung told me that I shouldn't bring my car to Richmond Acura since I didn't buy the car from them.I was like WTF. For my understanding, the warranty is cover across the whole Canada and as a customer has the right to choose which dealership to go to.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #15
Banned By Establishment

Just found out the salesperson I buy from moved to Lougheed Acura now.
I was wondering why I didn't see Gurp at Richmond Acura anymore.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #16

My experience with Richmond Acura were good and bad.

Got an used acura vehicle inspected there, I paid for it, but a part time service lady gave my report to the dealership, when the report is title for my name. And so if I didn't end up buying the car, the dealership would have gotten free report. Complained to the service manager, service manager, apologized and reimburse my vehicle inspection $ AND + $100 credit. So I was pretty happy the way they handle the situation.

The service guy, David, was pretty knowledgeable and nice. The second time I went there for machine brake rotor and brake replaced just to use my $100 credit as well, my appointment was at 1PM, but because I'm working so I dropped my car at 7:30am planning to take bus to work, but they actually drove me with all new RDX to work. At 10:30am David, service guy called, said my car is ready, so I was a bit surprised since my appointment was actually 1pm, any how they got someone pick me up at work. When I about to pay for the service - $100 credit, Karen handed me the report two hands, and said, thank you for choosing Richmond Acura, blah blah blah, Is there anything else I can do for you, on my mind I was like, GIVE ME THE REPORT AND KEYS I NEED TO GO BACK TO WORK NOW!! DONT TALK SO SLOW!!. Customer service is way too nice

However, I got to my car, saw the TPMS on, one of the tires was not inflated property. So I though they could as least fill the air up as courtesy, but they didn't. At first I tho, I just need to drive around, then the TPMS will go off, but no, stayed on until I had to fill air.

Last edited by i-VTEC; 10-05-2012 at 02:14 PM.
i-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #17
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Burrard Acura is the BEST. jaemc is an employee there and hes on rs! he can help you with most of ur needs
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPTL6o4 View Post
Burrard Acura is the BEST. jaemc is an employee there and hes on rs! he can help you with most of ur needs
Agreed, pm jaemc for service
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #19
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
For additional information, I finally brought my car to Lougheed Acura. It took them 2 days to fix my problem with other issues which I have been suffering with Richmond Acura for 2 months without a solution.

I suggest all the Acura owners "DO NOT BRING THE CAR TO RICHMOND ACURA ON NO.3 ROAD" if you don't want your car go mess up & treated poorly! The whole service department is basically fuxked up. The technician doesn't have enough knowledge & skills to fix a problem, service advisor with a awful attitude and doesn't follow-up with a customer especially Teresa Fung, the manager Martin Hebein will reject a customer and tell you never come back if you give them a low score survey.
+1 for Lougheed Acura. If you're looking for good service avoid Richmond dealerships as many of those have stated, they barely need to work it for sales.
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #20
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Yeah, I know Burrard is good and I have brought my 2004 TSX there in the past. I have heard quite a lot of bad stories about Richmond Acura in the past. The only reason that I brought the car to Richmond this time is because it is close to my work place. After this horrible experience I can confirmthat all the bad stories that I heard before is true. I am going to suggest all the Acura owners that I know don't bring the car there for services unless they want to get treated awfully like me! Anyway, I think is a good idea to share this information with the Acura owners that you know to avoid another disaster.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #21
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
go to burrard acura
/thread

i've had small issues with them before, i believe i had teresa too - she'll say one thing to you and another behind your back (long story, but she's an idiot)
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #22
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
go to burrard acura
/thread

i've had small issues with them before, i believe i had teresa too - she'll say one thing to you and another behind your back (long story, but she's an idiot)
Yes, this is exactly what happened to me as well.

Teresa Fung Bitch
Teresa Fung.jpg
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #23
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Yes, this is exactly what happened to me as well.

Teresa Fung Bitch
spoiler that shit man...ughh....on par with integra girl....

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #24
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I heard nothing but bad review from Richmond eh. Burrard and lougheed are my picks
beproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #25
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I recommend Northshore Acura. It's a bit of a drive but worth it. I always get a courtesy car there. Last few times I got a mdx and the new TL.
Posted via RS Mobile
ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote