REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Suits? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/674929-suits.html)

J.C 10-08-2012 08:10 PM

Suits?

hey guys, i'm wondering what are some stores that sell suits
just looking for something that is decent quality and up to $300-$400
i don't normally buy suits so i have no clue when it comes to this
thanks

skiiipi 10-08-2012 09:11 PM

um...$300-400 ur best bet is like moores....or the bay
u might be able to get something on sale at the bay for 400ish.

or try the outlets in seattle, kenneth cole suits are usually in the 400 range there, and 500ish can get you into some hugo boss styles

ForeverYours 10-08-2012 10:48 PM

I'm assuming you're going to be using your suit for photos/prom.

I always found that off-the-rack suits never seemed to fit and they always required alterations (notably the waist area and sleeve length). If you're paying for a suit that's less than $500, chances are it's probably a poly-cotton blend that's shit quality and looks like it's about to rip after a couple wears.

If time allows, I'd recommend that you get your body measurements and ordering a suit online. I remember ordering my suit off ModernTailor for my prom (turned out AMAZING, quality was really good, and the fit was spot on the way I wanted it), and I've heard pretty good reviews about Indochino. The suits that you can order online will end up being around the same price as you would pay for an off-the-rack.

If you're on a time constraint you can always check out The Bay/Moores as skiiipi mentioned above.
If you're on a budget you can also check out Value Village and other discount stores for suits
If you can, look for quality suits that are made from wool, they're really comfortable/soft/keep you warm.

I think the most important part about the suit is fit, it doesn't really matter what brand it's labelled under.

pinn3r 10-08-2012 11:05 PM

I recommend:
Custom Suits & Mens Suits | Indochino

Got my suit last month; arrived just in time for my Artona pictures
SEXY AS FUCK

blee123 10-09-2012 12:21 AM

what do u guys think of the suits by Zara?

i picked up a top from them last week ($159 before tax) with 60% wool

hsh4 10-09-2012 12:36 AM

got a dark gray one from zara for 200. pretty good for the price

blee123 10-10-2012 11:36 PM

quality and fit wise, which one is better between Le Chateau and Zara suits?

too_slow 10-11-2012 08:03 AM

You can pick up a full Boss suit for under $400 at Nordstrom Rack in Seattle.

I was surprised they had anything in 36R. In fact, the entire ensemble was $100 cheaper than the same suit I saw at the Boss Outlet store.

I've bought a few from the BR outlet in Seattle/Portland as well. They fit very well on my Asian body (i.e. I'm not swimming in the bloody thing), and the jacket+pants was under $150. YMMV If you sign up for their newsletter, you get random 40% off EVERYTHING at the Canadian BR store. Might be worth a try if you see something you like there.

Most of the suits I saw @ Zara are way too casual looking IMHO.

too_slow 10-11-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blee123 (Post 8051788)

Doesn't Le Chateau sound like "lap sap tong" (i.e. garbage can?)
Either way, their stuff is extremely over-priced, and their stuff aren't fitted.
I haven't shopped there in decades though, LOL.

unit 10-11-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blee123 (Post 8051788)

fit wise, you'd have to go try them on. i'd probably say zara for most slimmer men.
the quality isnt really there for either, but for $200 thats a steal until you can afford a nicer suit.

bcrdukes 10-11-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by too_slow (Post 8051914)

People don't call it "Le Crapeau" for nothing. :fullofwin:

J.C 10-11-2012 03:17 PM

fff looked at the BR outlet and they don't have 36R's for a lot of the suits

JKam 10-11-2012 03:26 PM

From what I've seen 36R is a REALLY uncommon size. Most start at 38R, sometimes that's hard to get.

Either that or the 36's fly off the racks.

I've been looking at indochino but still wary of the quality. Anyone have any reviews?

J.C 10-11-2012 03:30 PM

i'm considering indochino/moderntailor, but i'm scared i don't measure correctly and i'll get something that doesn't fit
i need it by the first week of november :/

LP700-4 10-11-2012 04:06 PM

Got mine from the BR outlet for under $300 :lawl:

You probably wont find anything that fits so small in the states.

HondaGuy 10-11-2012 07:36 PM

Yah was gonna mention BR outlet but someone already did. 36 is sorta rare... I've seen 38S,R,L at most...

If you really need 36 either try International Clothing that carries smaller sizes for teens or try the Bay, sizes bigger will be for ppl who are broader in sizes.
Posted via RS Mobile

Bonka 10-11-2012 07:57 PM

Follow this thread about Indochino:
Indochino suits?

Personally, I find MTM suits a compromise. Unless you can afford a true bespoke suit, I would rather go OTR and tailored to fit, especially seeing IC suits on a couple of different colleagues as well the as pictures posted up in that thread. The fit is often miss and requires retouching.

skyxx 10-11-2012 08:10 PM

Someone say Indochino? :fuckthatshit:

Indochino suits?

ForbiddenX 10-11-2012 09:43 PM

Topman has some pretty decent suits as well. I think it's about $200 for the balzer and $100 for the pants.

Was really considering an Indochino suit as I will be in New York when they have their travelling tailor there. But from what I've been reading in that thread it doesn't seem worth it.

Energy 10-12-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc95 (Post 8052274)
i'm considering indochino/moderntailor, but i'm scared i don't measure correctly and i'll get something that doesn't fit
i need it by the first week of november :/

Lol indochino. If you need it by the first week of November then definitely look elsewhere.

Expresso 10-12-2012 12:12 PM

With most things in life, you get what you pay for.

Yea with that budget, I would hit up a couple of Nordstrom Racks. The BR coupons do not apply to suits unfortunately or I would say BR or JCrew if your budget allows.

pinn3r 10-12-2012 01:13 PM

with Indochino suits, you'll receive it within 3 weeks of ordering
better go for rack suits then if you need it by November

Farfetched 10-12-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonka (Post 8052512)
Follow this thread about Indochino:
Indochino suits?

Personally, I find MTM suits a compromise. Unless you can afford a true bespoke suit, I would rather go OTR and tailored to fit, especially seeing IC suits on a couple of different colleagues as well the as pictures posted up in that thread. The fit is often miss and requires retouching.

True bespoke is incredibly cost prohibitive. I think I know of only 1 in the city. For 95% of people, MTM will fit most needs. As with any business, not all MTM places are the same. Obviously, just as important is who is taking the measurement. IC in particular is known to be hit or miss.

J.C 10-12-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HachiSix (Post 8053153)
With most things in life, you get what you pay for.

Yea with that budget, I would hit up a couple of Nordstrom Racks. The BR coupons do not apply to suits unfortunately or I would say BR or JCrew if your budget allows.

yeah haha
not willing to fork out a lot of $$$ for something i'm only going to wear 3 times before i outgrow it because I'm still looking to gain another 20-30lbs
but i still want to look decent

GLOW 10-12-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by too_slow (Post 8051914)
Either way, their stuff is extremely over-priced, and their stuff aren't fitted.
I haven't shopped there in decades though, LOL.

i haven't shopped there since i was a kid either, and ya overpriced and garbage back then...dunno about now...

i don't have a lot of zara stuff but what i do have i find it acceptable.

if you're down for a SPO run OP can check out perry ellis. i think they always have $99-200 suit sales...not sure how nice they are, but i buy dress pants and i bought a vest from there before for work...for office attire it's pretty nice for the $ value