REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

First Nations chief to meet Iranian leaders

Having watched one of his latest YouTube videos, this guy is Canada's real leader.
Exclusive video of him in Iran!
Advertisement
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Yes... someone who has been ousted from office three times in four years is clearly the best choice for a Canadian leader.

...then again...

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:50 AM   #3
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Terrance Nelson is a fool, he was removed from the position as Chief by his own people. Nelson is not a wronged spokesperson for the First Nations people of Canada, and his words are far from being reflective of the views of the community. Please, if you watch the video, keep that in mind.

Nelson is only being given attention because being native, his image makes him a good pawn for the Iranian government.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2012, 04:30 AM   #4
I subscribe to Revscene

Iran is the current president of NAM which hosted 120 countries with 50 heads of state a few months ago... but what do you know. Ive debated about Iran with you before... you've just been weaned off CBC crackers and Zionist milk propaganda all your life.

To have read you yourself are first nations just shows the level mind fuck Canadians are manipulated with for you to be against this guy. I dont blame you though, the best of minds from the most elite schools sit around in "think tanks" all day to get people to sing the same tune.

Now that we're finished with name calling, why dont you state some facts on why this guy is a fool.

What Terry thinks

His open letter to the PM
http://www.bsnorrell.blogspot.ca/201...d-canadas.html
Old 10-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
you've just been weaned off CBC crackers and Zionist milk propaganda all your life.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
60-95% unemployed, 95-100% of some womens jail are aboriginal, and 10,000 children taken away huh. why am i not surprised.

aboriginals get money from the govt the day they are born. the govt gives them money for rent, babies, etc. so many dont find the need to work and they got so much time on their hands they abuse drugs and alcohol

ive had a personal run-in with a 20 something yr old aboriginal women who was a downstairs tenant of my familys home. she was a single mother of twin babies (and later a 3rd)

one night, after about a yr of tenancy, i saw ambulance come and haul her fat ass out of the house. turns out the fat bitch was pregnant and didnt even know. i looked inside and saw the place was completely trashed; garbage everywhere, carpet was dirty you can tell shoes were never taken off, the place was like a crackden.

an officer who showed up that night asked me about the mother and her treatment of the babies. i told him what i knew. i said quite frequently, the babies can be heard crying and the mother would yell at them and tell them to "shut the fuck up". not too long after, the mother came home but i never saw the baby she gave birth to. and wouldnt you know, later, her twin babies were taken away as well.

aboriginals have huge social issues and more money isnt going to solve it.
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
So what business does a first nations "leader" have with the "leader" of a country who is trying so hard to matter.

What is the Iranian government going to do? Try to manipulate Native leaders into joining the "fight against the west"? Are we going to see soverign Aboriginal land hold fissile material given to them by the Iranians?

Or is Ahmadinejad going to try to become a tribal leader in Canada seeing as this is his last term in office?

This Nelson guy sounds really naive in his thinking that he could have a working relationship with the Iranian government. Hes a pawn. And he makes it clear that its all about getting paid 2:20 into the video. He continues on at 2:35 to identify his problem with the "white man" when clearly the Canadian government is made up of so many more ethnicities than that. He admits that his band has a good relationship with the Harper government but they just "want more" (3:55)
This guy is a greedy racist asshole, which is probably why Arash is so ready to endorse him as a political leader.

Oh, and what is this "Press TV" organization? They seem like they don't have their shit together. They called "Mexico" a US State (37 seconds into the video Arash posted)
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Press TV is probably like one of the many Fox News-esque outlets, but geared toward anti-Semitic and anti-West sentiments. Actually, forget that, it's more like a full-on pro-Iran news outlet considering it's state-owned.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #9
Head Moderator

Quote:
Iran is the current president of NAM which hosted 120 countries with 50 heads of state a few months ago... but what do you know. Ive debated about Iran with you before... you've just been weaned off CBC crackers and Zionist milk propaganda all your life.

To have read you yourself are first nations just shows the level mind fuck Canadians are manipulated with for you to be against this guy. I dont blame you though, the best of minds from the most elite schools sit around in "think tanks" all day to get people to sing the same tune.

Now that we're finished with name calling, why dont you state some facts on why this guy is a fool.

What Terry thinks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk1yBzUjhUo

His open letter to the PM
CENSORED NEWS: Terrance Nelson: Israel, US and Canada's closing of Iran Embassy
Why is he a fool? Because he thinks working with the leader of a foreign government, a person who denied the Holocaust ever happened and is anti-semetic to boot, is going to help the plight of the "oppressed" people of Canada. Nelson may think he's doing good, but I'll guarantee whats-his-face in Iran has ulterior motives behind this.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
Head Moderator

CIC... random question: You.love to talk about zionists trying to control people... what's your opinion on Judaism and the holocaust?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 n r View Post
60-95% unemployed, 95-100% of some womens jail are aboriginal, and 10,000 children taken away huh. why am i not surprised.

aboriginals get money from the govt the day they are born. the govt gives them money for rent, babies, etc. so many dont find the need to work and they got so much time on their hands they abuse drugs and alcohol

You've obviously attended this immigrant governments schooling system, along with watching its media, and have no idea how the native Canadians have had their family structure broken down generation after generation.
These issues were nicely expressed in another forum (Beyond.ca, Attawapiskat Crisis) which I'll post some of the talking points... mostly from member Antonio and Ryan.

Spoiler!

ive had a personal run-in with a 20 something yr old aboriginal women who was a downstairs tenant of my familys home. she was a single mother of twin babies (and later a 3rd)

one night, after about a yr of tenancy, i saw ambulance come and haul her fat ass out of the house. turns out the fat bitch was pregnant and didnt even know.
And didnt even know it because she was so fat? or cause an ambulance showed up to give her a ride to the hospital?, thats a pretty stupid assumption.

i looked inside and saw the place was completely trashed; garbage everywhere, carpet was dirty you can tell shoes were never taken off, the place was like a crackden.
One of my friends from India likes to wear shoes inside, can we brush all Indians in that light?

an officer who showed up that night asked me about the mother and her treatment of the babies. i told him what i knew. i said quite frequently, the babies can be heard crying and the mother would yell at them and tell them to "shut the fuck up". not too long after, the mother came home but i never saw the baby she gave birth to. and wouldnt you know, later, her twin babies were taken away as well.
I hear the government likes to take away children from their mothers (just like the past).... like the mothers protests I saw in Calgary covered by PressTV news, but did you actually see social services take these kids, what if they were staying with the grandmother.

aboriginals have huge social issues and more money isnt going to solve it.
Power to control their own destinies with the lands they have been living on for thousands and thousands of years can solve problems. I wonder can aboriginals build permanent houses on the lands that they so called been "given" to keep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
So what business does a first nations "leader" have with the "leader" of a country who is trying so hard to matter.

What is the Iranian government going to do? Try to manipulate Native leaders into joining the "fight against the west"? Are we going to see soverign Aboriginal land hold fissile material given to them by the Iranians?
They can possibly invest in harvesting natural resources to sell on the market. Put pressure on other countries to recognize Canada's abuses and stop dealing with this government unless changes are made

Or is Ahmadinejad going to try to become a tribal leader in Canada seeing as this is his last term in office?

This Nelson guy sounds really naive in his thinking that he could have a working relationship with the Iranian government. Hes a pawn. And he makes it clear that its all about getting paid 2:20 into the video. He continues on at 2:35 to identify his problem with the "white man" when clearly the Canadian government is made up of so many more ethnicities than that. He admits that his band has a good relationship with the Harper government but they just "want more" (3:55)
This guy is a greedy racist asshole, which is probably why Arash is so ready to endorse him as a political leader.
Who are you to say that they shouldnt get paid.
Referring to the "white man" has a symbolic meaning. Who other then the Zionist banking monopoly dynasty to give English citizens guns to murder and further the empire.
Now your calling me and him a greedy racist asshole, be specific as to why.

Oh, and what is this "Press TV" organization? They seem like they don't have their shit together. They called "Mexico" a US State (37 seconds into the video Arash posted)
Im not even going to look into it because its pathetic attempt to discredit this topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
Press TV is probably like one of the many Fox News-esque outlets, but geared toward anti-Semitic and anti-West sentiments. Actually, forget that, it's more like a full-on pro-Iran news outlet considering it's state-owned.
Here are more talking points from that thread, maybe you can learn a thing or two CorneringArtist.

I think that there's something fundamentally wrong with a country like Canada that exists only due to land stolen from the native people of this country. Why don't all the white people just go back to Europe, that would solve everything. Natives got along just fine in this country before we showed up and started telling them to grow vegetables in rows and pay for things like insurance and cell phones.

Many of the treaties were signed by the British government well before "Canada" was formed as a country. Just because a new country was formed doesn't get the whiteys out of their treaty obligations. If that were the case, I'm pretty sure the natives would jump at the chance to get their land and mineral rights back.

I feel pity for a country that still has a Governor General (Queen's viceroy) as their head of state. I'm ashamed to be a Canadian. Nobody got a more raw deal than the native Canadian - and I mean nobody.

Sounds great. Show me anywhere in any treaty where it says that the white man can extract oil from the Athabasca oil sands without approval from the natives. I'm pretty sure they'd take all that oil revenue over four dollars a year.

Basically, yes. When the white man showed up he made a deal with them - we can stay and rape your natural resources and in exchange we'll give you some money for beer. If you want to cut them off from their money, then they have every right to ask us to go back to Europe.

They agreed to let us stay on a series of conditions, many of which we have failed to meet as evidenced by the current crisis in this particular reserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Why is he a fool? Because he thinks working with the leader of a foreign government, a person who denied the Holocaust ever happened and is anti-semetic to boot, is going to help the plight of the "oppressed" people of Canada. Nelson may think he's doing good, but I'll guarantee whats-his-face in Iran has ulterior motives behind this.
Posted via RS Mobile
While the west announces fake aid to poverty stricken countries in which majority of the time it is the cause of such plight, the Iranians have actually helped drought stricken places in Africa and impoverished peoples like the Palestinians which the West and its middle eastern military base are trying to slowly genocide.

You only know what the media here tells you about Irans leader... have you ever listened to one of his speeches?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYKy4dfSF-o

Why would Rabbi's meet and kiss this so called horrible man?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-r04SQ97_Q

I think you are the fool.
Quote:
CIC... random question: You.love to talk about zionists trying to control people... what's your opinion on Judaism and the holocaust?
Posted via RS Mobile
My opinion on Judaism is that its one of the first mainstream religions and a base for Christianity and Islam, but from what I have read, the first two dont technically see all humans as equal and with Christianity having a whole host of heathenist role models. They all serve humans well though. For the latter question, why dont you tell me your definition of what the holocaust is and what revisionist documentaries you have watched, specially ones with historians in European jails at the moment, and then I'll interject my feelings.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 10-13-2012 at 04:36 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #12
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
a person who denied the Holocaust ever happened and is anti-semetic to boot
Posted via RS Mobile
i dont think he's ever given an opinion on the holocaust (even when asked directly he dodges it re: pierce morgan interview)

i think his whole goal of hosting debates over whether or not the holocaust happened is specifically to speak out/oppose europe, to show their hypocrisy since if anyone even thinks about denying or even debating facets of the holocaust in europe they get jailed so he's simply doing what western media is doing to him (pointing out flaws and creating an enemy for the populace)
hell he even tried pointing that out during his recent cnn interview

i think his whole reasoning is his typical anti-western shtick; doing anything to snub his nose at them as with this topic here by giving a soap box to the chief
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #13
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
I honestly don't know why aboriginal folk get so much extra funding, they are healthy people just like I am, and I don't get any special attention.

Get over the fact that it's the 21st century, leave the reservation, get a job, pay for your own shit in full just like everybody else, I have no debt to pay back to any aboriginal man, woman, or child.

All I hear is bitching, nobody is forcing you to leave your ways behind, it's a free country, but don't say that I owe you anything for living here. You don't own the land, and neither do I, nobody does, integrate.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #14
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:

I oppose Nelson because of my ancestry, not as the product of propaganda.

Nelson was removed from the position as Chief by his own people, and has been repeatedly and dismally unsuccessful in campaigns for position as National Chief. Nelson is not a leader among the First Nations people of Canada, he only garners attention because his extremely radical opinions make good news headlines.

"There's only two ways to deal with the white man. Either you pick up a gun or you stand between him and his money." - Nelson, 2007.

The path to long term prosperity, and a return of mutual respect, is not paved with armed conflict and extortion. First Nations people do not want to go to war against 'the white man,' as Nelson refers to all non-native Canadian people. First Nations people want to reach agreements amicably, that benefit both of our people and all other Canadians.

I don't understand how this could be any more than a publicity stunt.

If Iran were serious, why would they invite the candidate who came in last during the campaign for National Chief to speak?

If Iran were serious, why would they invite a disgraced, ousted former Chief, over the 633 current Chiefs?
Old 10-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #15
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
I honestly don't know why aboriginal folk get so much extra funding, they are healthy people just like I am, and I don't get any special attention.
Because of section 35 of the Constitution.

Section Thirty-five of the Constitution Act, 1982 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #16
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
i dont think he's ever given an opinion on the holocaust (even when asked directly he dodges it re: pierce morgan interview)

i think his whole goal of hosting debates over whether or not the holocaust happened is specifically to speak out/oppose europe, to show their hypocrisy since if anyone even thinks about denying or even debating facets of the holocaust in europe they get jailed so he's simply doing what western media is doing to him (pointing out flaws and creating an enemy for the populace)
hell he even tried pointing that out during his recent cnn interview

i think his whole reasoning is his typical anti-western shtick; doing anything to snub his nose at them as with this topic here by giving a soap box to the chief
The world wars were created to further control, murder and take over lands and powers like the Ottoman empire. Setting up isreal as a military base in such an important geographical location with a none Arab army was a long sought out plan by the powers that be with Lord Rothchild when he had the British hand it over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post

Im going to make a graphic, which could be grossly underestimated, showing how long your ethnic people have been on this land and low long the first nations people have been here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That ^ there in the red is how long Canada has existed, you didnt even make the graphic.
Thats just the beginning of the debate, if you actually read my previous post in the "spoiler" button content, you'll see why you arent special.

Get over the fact that it's the 21st century, leave the reservation, get a job, pay for your own shit in full just like everybody else, I have no debt to pay back to any aboriginal man, woman, or child.

Looks like your worried about what its going to cost you. Canada.com reports the (illegal) Afghan war will cost 22 billion Canadian dollars to this point... do you care we're supporting an empire that is forever trying to expand and take over the world with no regard for human life. 2.5 - 3 million people have died since 911.
If first nations get pockets of independence and create their own economies with their resources, they would be spending their monies in our businesses too, making Canadians richer...
rather then our governments owners letting their shill corporations plunder our resources and give us change to pay our war interest debts. What will be and has been left over from this plunder is contaminated water tables, animal (food source) habitats destroyed, and a bit of coin for the working mules to pay their bills and breed more slaves for this country.

All I hear is bitching, nobody is forcing you to leave your ways behind, it's a free country, but don't say that I owe you anything for living here. You don't own the land, and neither do I, nobody does, integrate.
The first nations just want their rights and what is rightfully theirs, they're not going to boot you out of Canada or incur debts on you if they rule this place. And no this is not a free country nor is it owner-less, just try building a cabin in the woods or hunt for food and see how long you stay free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I oppose Nelson because of my ancestry, not as the product of propaganda.

Nelson was removed from the position as Chief by his own people, and has been repeatedly and dismally unsuccessful in campaigns for position as National Chief.

Why, I can only assume the government has been playing carrot and stick with the electors or maybe there are better skilled leaders we dont know about.

Nelson is not a leader among the First Nations people of Canada, he only garners attention because his extremely radical opinions make good news headlines.

"There's only two ways to deal with the white man. Either you pick up a gun or you stand between him and his money." - Nelson, 2007.

Maybe the first nations should just write their member of parliament enough times to get a piece of the pie, rather then stand in-between its natural resources being given away?

The path to long term prosperity, and a return of mutual respect, is not paved with armed conflict and extortion. First Nations people do not want to go to war against 'the white man,' as Nelson refers to all non-native Canadian people.
Really? to me, him saying that equals the hegemonic Zionist elites that rule the world.
First Nations people want to reach agreements amicably, that benefit both of our people and all other Canadians.
Do you really think the owners (if you can fathom how far up the tree this ownership goes) of this government that funded both sides of the world wars or play African war lords against each other will buddy up with the aboriginals anytime soon, Whats the hold up?

I don't understand how this could be any more than a publicity stunt.

If Iran were serious, why would they invite the candidate who came in last during the campaign for National Chief to speak?
The video I posted was cut short. The full version was just posted on PressTV which should explain why.
PressTV - Aboriginal leader blasts Canada for human rights violations

If Iran were serious, why would they invite a disgraced, ousted former Chief, over the 633 current Chiefs?
Point me to some kind of media where one of these other Chiefs has risked speaking out such truths.
Full video link this time posted again PressTV - Aboriginal leader blasts Canada for human rights violations
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Why, I can only assume the government has been playing carrot and stick with the electors or maybe there are better skilled leaders we dont know about.

Point me to some kind of media where one of these other Chiefs has risked speaking out such truths.
No, Nelson was dismissed from his position as Chief for his absurdly inappropriate actions and attempting to lead his people in a direction they opposed. One such incident involved putting a shotgun to a teenagers head. Nelson simply lacks leadership ability in every sense; his charisma, demeanor, and intelligence are all severely lacking, his only redeeming quality (sort of) is being exceptionally head-strong.

Chief Shawn A-in-chut Atleo was elected in the race where Nelson flopped, his voice is aggressive, determined, and he doesn't pull his punches; much like Nelson, except he doesn't sound like a fool hardy idiot. I'd suggest reading this article,
Assembly of First Nations: Shawn Atleo elected head of the Assembly of First Nations - thestar.com.

Quote:
Maybe the first nations should just write their member of parliament enough times to get a piece of the pie, rather then stand in-between its natural resources being given away?

Really? to me, him saying that equals the hegemonic Zionist elites that rule the world.
The path to success is aggressive treaty negotiations. An armed uprising will achieve anything nothing, we do not live in a world where that is reasonable or practical; first nations people don't want to engage fellow Canadians in an armed rebellion, which is essentially what Nelson suggests. A blockade will enact suffering on the wrong people, build nothing but resentment, and eventually be broken up by the military.

Quote:
Do you really think the owners (if you can fathom how far up the tree this ownership goes) of this government that funded both sides of the world wars or play African war lords against each other will buddy up with the aboriginals anytime soon, Whats the hold up?
I think the general voice of the people is still very ignorant of the issues facing aboriginal people around the world, and until that changes further it will be difficult for any progress to be made. Change, progressive change, is happening however, and will continue, and eventually First Nations and non-ancestral Canadians will stand together and fight for all our rights. Nelson suggests making enemies, dividing ourselves further when we should be banding together.

Quote:
The video I posted was cut short. The full version was just posted on PressTV which should explain why.

PressTV - Aboriginal leader blasts Canada for human rights violations
I'll try to watch the full version, but whenever I hear Nelson speak...
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

I'm a racist asshole.
Posted via RS Mobile
wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #19
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
Save an Elk, Kill an Indian.
Posted via RS Mobile
I'm Indian
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #20
Head Moderator

Quote:
For the latter question, why dont you tell me your definition of what the holocaust is and what revisionist documentaries you have watched, specially ones with historians in European jails at the moment, and then I'll interject my feelings.
I can do you one better. My mom's dad fought for the Nazi's in WW2 (he was a medic under Rommel's command) and my dad's family were all Austrian Jews who were deeply impacted by the actions the Nazi regime did to them (many family members died in concentration camps and those that survived were more or less impacted for life... not to mention the permanent tattoos they all carried for the rest of their lives).

While I agree that most videos and text books on history tend to be slightly biased towards whoever created it, I think the personal experiences my entire extended family went through 70 years ago kinda trumps whatever you may have to say. If you're interested, before they all passed away, I managed to get a few family members to share their stories of their experiences on video. I'm sure I can digitize them off of the old VHS cassettes and put 'em all online for all to see. WW2, and the Holocaust specifically, has been a huge interest of mine for twenty-odd years and I have a crap load of family-specific - along with German-state - information that typically doesn't see the light of day.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #21
I subscribe to Revscene

Its been an interest of yours but yet you havent seen any of the revisionist documentaries?
If I opened the flood gates during the Katrina storm in the state of Louisiana, does a survivors account tell me who opened the flood gates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
No, Nelson was dismissed from his position as Chief for his absurdly inappropriate actions and attempting to lead his people in a direction they opposed. One such incident involved putting a shotgun to a teenagers head. Nelson simply lacks leadership ability in every sense; his charisma, demeanor, and intelligence are all severely lacking, his only redeeming quality (sort of) is being exceptionally head-strong.

Chief Shawn A-in-chut Atleo was elected in the race where Nelson flopped, his voice is aggressive, determined, and he doesn't pull his punches; much like Nelson, except he doesn't sound like a fool hardy idiot. I'd suggest reading this article,
Assembly of First Nations: Shawn Atleo elected head of the Assembly of First Nations - thestar.com.

The path to success is aggressive treaty negotiations. An armed uprising will achieve anything nothing, we do not live in a world where that is reasonable or practical; first nations people don't want to engage fellow Canadians in an armed rebellion, which is essentially what Nelson suggests. A blockade will enact suffering on the wrong people, build nothing but resentment, and eventually be broken up by the military.
I think blockades sure would create local resentment with the way the media would spin it but it would get attention on the world stage if Canadian enforcers arrest peaceful protesters continually in mass numbers. It would also be a public relations nightmare for companies doing the extractions. This isnt like isreal where a bulldozer can run over an activist like Rachel Corrie and have no one charged with murder... atleast I dont think it would be. It would also delay resource extraction and put a dent in the cost of companies in worker wages but no work completed and a slow down in sales.
Not all of this is about money too at the same time, can you imagine one of these Alberta oil transport ship in the Fraser River busting open or a future oil line pouring into our environment... all for what, powering the American war machine.
Ive also seen a few documentaries where Canadian mining companies are polluting 3rd world countries purposely... no doubt these practices are taking place here too.

But overall I would like to see the first nations doing their own extracting of resources and see how the government will step in then.

I think the general voice of the people is still very ignorant of the issues facing aboriginal people around the world, and until that changes further it will be difficult for any progress to be made. Change, progressive change, is happening however, and will continue, and eventually First Nations and non-ancestral Canadians will stand together and fight for all our rights. Nelson suggests making enemies, dividing ourselves further when we should be banding together.
I think there is some hope but media propaganda is still strong and people are preoccupied with stupid things in their life or/and are struggling to care. People here dont care too much for world events and to get their news from unbiased sources.
Im pretty sure if I went on Robson with a camera man and a mic, and asked the general public if Assad of Syria should be put in jail for war crimes or get the death sentence, no one would label him as a freedom fighter.

I'll try to watch the full version, but whenever I hear Nelson speak...
Old 10-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #22
Head Moderator

Quote:
Its been an interest of yours but yet you havent seen any of the revisionist documentaries?
If I opened the flood gates during the Katrina storm in the state of Louisiana, does a survivors account tell me who opened the flood gates?
Yes, I've seen a couple revisionist documentaries. While they bring up some interesting points, those points can virtually all be argued rather soundly.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #23
I subscribe to Revscene

This is off topic to this thread but going into detail about this stuff can be risky as spreading hate speech in Canada and getting put in jail if you go to Europe.
What cant be argued rather soundly is why after Hitler, after conquering a European state, was given that countries gold reserves on his request from Britain when they were enemies at the time. This can be seen in a mainstream Discovery channel documentary called Banking with Hitler.

-

A new long interview with Terry on PressTV's news analysis show. Im watching this now and will try not to bump this thread further.
PressTV - Harper furious over aboriginals visit to Iran: Terry Nelson
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #24
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Way to Reductio ad Hitlerum your own thread.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #25
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Ex-chief calls First Nations reserves 'concentration camps' - Manitoba - CBC News

Concentration camps...?

Last edited by tarobbt; 10-16-2012 at 12:35 PM.
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote