REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #51
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
He cited Rt which I watch from time to time (megusta Abby Martin), as well as Sun News Network (Canada's version of Fox News) to see who takes what perspective on what issue. They both obviously manufacture their reporting in a very specific way and if you fail to see that, I have a bridge to sell you.

Grains of salt needed.
With your views so far, I can say the same about your comment.

The only thing I can say is be willing to expose yourself to PressTV as a source, knowing it's biased. Same goes with Al Jazeera which was touted as being "fiercely independent" by Hillary Clinton, but obviously isn't when consumed in enough quantities.

Al Jazeera is run by the same regime that is supporting mercenaries in Syria for the Zionists... PressTV is run by Iran, one of few nations on the side of real humanity.

The difference between Iran and Canada, America, Australia, Britain, or any other "Western" nation is that we get the choice to have access to these materials and can draw our own conclusions. I can access any material on the web that I want, tune in any channel I want, and go to the corner store and pick up a variety of newspapers. From those I can utilize my critical thinking skills and extrapolate my opinion on a matter.

Yeah you can chose to read that the western terror bombs from the sky are really killing people in the millions to spread democracy.

Can they say the same in Iran?

Iran doesnt allow genocidal Zionist media taint its news.

Relevant to the greater discussion:

If I turn on the Aboriginal People's Television Network and watch the news, how much of a push will Terrence Nelson get? If he really is so fit to lead the nation of Canada, APTN should have no problem working to promote the important issues he brings to the public eye right?

Well I'll be watching.

You obviously cant gather your own thoughts from his videos, you need to see what your Canadian media tells you to voice an opinion.

But my prediction is that they suspect hes as big of a crank as Revscene has concluded him to be.

Edit: Relevant to PressTV's credibility, from APTN as a source.

Iranian TV attacks Canada using “lawyer” who believes Obama visited Mars | APTN National News

You dont care for first nations rights nor does this government. Rather then talk about fixing the issues, you want to discrete the movement for aboriginals to gain rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 View Post
Oh, so your sources AREN'T biased because its state run right?
They speak the truth, western media doesnt. Take Syria currently for example or 911.
Okay then.

I said this before, you discredit EVERYTHING that isn't sourced by PressTV! How can anyone take your seriously if you don't read what other post but force this shit down everyone elses throat? I TRIED to get through the shit you post but the view is so non-objective it's ridiculous that you try and use it as a credible source.
Im suppose to answer why Irans currency is so and so in this thread, go do your own research.

By the way I didn't say anything about a proper government. Why are you still in Canada posting on a CANADIAN forum? Hate it so much, then go. But by staying here and using Canadian resources you're contradicting your own beliefs.
Why dont you want the first nations to prosper in what should be their own country... it because your racist, just say it.

and who are these "entities" you speak of? The boogieman? I love it when people say "entities" run the world but can't provide hard and credible facts to back them up.
Yeah then you tell me who runs it? Ive said lots of things, but you are just trolling.
Advertisement
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #52
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinCharge
You dont care for first nations rights nor does this government. Rather then talk about fixing the issues, you want to discrete the movement for them to gain rights.
I definitely care about First Nations rights, I am very familiar with Terrance Nelson, and I think he is a fool; I share that position with many non-ancestral Canadians, the 633 Chiefs who elect the National Chief, and most importantly, his own people. I believe there are better people to lead and speak on behalf of the First Nations people. You can say we've been brainwashed by the media, but ABTN is the Aboriginal outlet and speaks out against him, and his own people don't view him through the media, so how do you account for that?

From the Aboriginal Peoples' Television Network article posted by EB.

Quote:
Webre also said that this was not the first time he’s been a target of government agents. He also said he’s been under “time travel surveillance” by U.S. agents who brought a book he published in 2005 about a secret time travel program back to the year 1971
Webre said he discovered that current U.S. President Obama visited Mars when he was 18 years-old and the U.S. has a secret military base on the Red Planet and operates a fleet of spaceships.
“Since he was 18 years-old he was part of a secret CIA program and was given a 10,000 page threat-assessment of the Martian culture and he had to write an essay on that,” said Webre. “These are people who have been life-long trained in a very complex military-industrial complex.”
PressTV - Harper govt. incites genocide of indigenous population: Analyst

You can't tell me this man doesn't show signs of schizophrenia, but PressTV is interviewing him as an expert. Why not interview someone else, someone who doesn't have such severe credibility issues?
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #53
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I definitely care about First Nations rights, I am very familiar with Terrance Nelson, and I think he is a fool; I share that position with many non-ancestral Canadians, the 633 Chiefs who elect the National Chief, and most importantly, his own people. I believe there are better people to lead and speak on behalf of the First Nations people. You can say we've been brainwashed by the media, but ABTN is the Aboriginal outlet and speaks out against him, and his own people don't view him through the media, so how do you account for that?

They speak out against him, you speak out against him yet he is a public figure speaking out for aboriginal rights, right now. Are you or the other chiefs doing that in a public international stage, specially in a country that is the president of the Non-Aligned Movement, no!

From the Aboriginal Peoples' Television Network article posted by EB.

PressTV - Harper govt. incites genocide of indigenous population: Analyst

You can't tell me this man doesn't show signs of schizophrenia, but PressTV is interviewing him as an expert. Why not interview someone else, someone who doesn't have such severe credibility issues?

Ive heard this guy from over a year ago on PressTV on none first nations issues. Hes a smart guy. I also think the interview he did was a very good job and not only does he have credentials but he also has experience in what he is talking about. If he really made these alien statements in the past, there must have been some reason or metaphor comparison for him to do so.

These speakers have said all the right things on PressTV. These guys are for first nations rights.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #54
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Oh, so your sources AREN'T biased because its state run right?
They speak the truth, western media doesnt. Take Syria currently for example or 911.
Well, there you go again. So all media in the west is a lie while Iran isnt? Sure....

I said this before, you discredit EVERYTHING that isn't sourced by PressTV! How can anyone take your seriously if you don't read what other post but force this shit down everyone elses throat? I TRIED to get through the shit you post but the view is so non-objective it's ridiculous that you try and use it as a credible source.
Im suppose to answer why Irans currency is so and so in this thread, go do your own research.
Okay, ignore answering my question. You do this all the time, diverting attention away from the original question by using another topic. I did my research, and it shows that PressTV is state run. That instantly puts its credibility into question.

By the way I didn't say anything about a proper government. Why are you still in Canada posting on a CANADIAN forum? Hate it so much, then go. But by staying here and using Canadian resources you're contradicting your own beliefs.

Why dont you want the first nations to prosper in what should be their own country... it because your racist, just say it.
Now this is where I get pissed off. Calling me racist? I've been trying to keep it civil, avoiding personal attacks with you calling my views "conditioned" but this is statement to me is Ad Hominem and if you think insults are going to get you anywhere in an argument, you're wrong. I love answering loaded questions that you'll have a response to my answer, but I'll give you one anyways. Of course I want First Nations to prosper, and they've been given the opportunities to. Of course, those who know Canadian history, imperialism happened. It happened everywhere. However, by arguing that Canada should be their country, you wouldn't be here either. Don't call me racist, if I hated First Nations, I would have said something about it earlier in this thread, left, and got failed for it.

and who are these "entities" you speak of? The boogieman? I love it when people say "entities" run the world but can't provide hard and credible facts to back them up.

Yeah then you tell me who runs it? Ive said lots of things, but you are just trolling.
The governments of each individual nation. You've said "lots of things" but you seem to think that the world is run behind the scenes. Go ahead and PROVE it, my point is proved by the people who voted so and so into power by a democratic system (if it applies), so back up your "entities" argument with cold, hard fact, not these conspiracy theorist websites.
I find your whole argument laughable. Using loaded questions to incite a response that you can easily attack and discredit because you know, one way or the other, that the answer is going to be on the extreme.

Just an FYI,

Quote:
PressTV is run by Iran, one of few nations on the side of real humanity.
I don't know what your definition of "humanity" is, but by throwing the rest of the world under a bus, I still question why you're still in Canada if this place is as horrible as you make it out to be. Iran seems to be in the top 10 of countries with human rights issues, so from gathering how you think highly of Iran, you seem to think that those who don't leave Iran have a decent life, but when you leave, the world is horrible and Iran is utopia.

Again, if Iran is utopia, no one is stopping you from leaving. I love Canada, and don't really have much of a problem with how it's being run. I do take issue to how they handle some of the problems that face the nation, but you learn to live with it, and have your say by voting. You seem so against it, so go do something about it. But you probably won't choose to because you're using Canadian resources until you can go back to your home country.

Just so many contradictions with you.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #55
Need to Seek Professional Help

Last edited by m!chael; 11-05-2018 at 09:33 PM.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #56
Need to Seek Professional Help

Last edited by m!chael; 11-05-2018 at 09:33 PM.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #57
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 View Post
Well, there you go again. So all media in the west is a lie while Iran isnt? Sure....
Yes, like I said about Syria and 911, if you keep ignoring my rebuttal with your glossed over statements, Im just going to ignore you.

Okay, ignore answering my question. You do this all the time, diverting attention away from the original question by using another topic. I did my research, and it shows that PressTV is state run. That instantly puts its credibility into question.
Again your repeating another glossed over statement, like I said, I have no need to answer about Iran's currency and read that article.

Now this is where I get pissed off. Calling me racist? I've been trying to keep it civil, avoiding personal attacks with you calling my views "conditioned" but this is statement to me is Ad Hominem and if you think insults are going to get you anywhere in an argument, you're wrong. I love answering loaded questions that you'll have a response to my answer, but I'll give you one anyways. Of course I want First Nations to prosper, and they've been given the opportunities to. Of course, those who know Canadian history, imperialism happened. It happened everywhere. However, by arguing that Canada should be their country, you wouldn't be here either. Don't call me racist, if I hated First Nations, I would have said something about it earlier in this thread, left, and got failed for it.
This is the first statement you've made about this subject at hand, you came in here with an agenda to discredit what the goal of this movement is about.
So your answer is the first nations have been given the opportunity to, imperialism happens, now if you think other wise leave Canada. Real cheeky.

The governments of each individual nation. You've said "lots of things" but you seem to think that the world is run behind the scenes. Go ahead and PROVE it, my point is proved by the people who voted so and so into power by a democratic system (if it applies), so back up your "entities" argument with cold, hard fact, not these conspiracy theorist websites.
You are wrong and I did prove it, read post 48 and show what isnt true about what I said.

I find your whole argument laughable. Using loaded questions to incite a response that you can easily attack and discredit because you know, one way or the other, that the answer is going to be on the extreme.

Just an FYI,

I don't know what your definition of "humanity" is, but by throwing the rest of the world under a bus, I still question why you're still in Canada if this place is as horrible as you make it out to be. Iran seems to be in the top 10 of countries with human rights issues, so from gathering how you think highly of Iran, you seem to think that those who don't leave Iran have a decent life, but when you leave, the world is horrible and Iran is utopia.
Top 10 countries with human rights issues? what a surprise for me to encounter Zionist regurgitated bull crap from a "Canadian".
Like I said before Iran is president and hosted 120 countries with the NAM organization, what has Canada ever hosted? A Bilderberg meeting in which the handful of countries involves are responsible for over 100+ million deaths in the last 100 years (not counting the starved deaths in Africa thanks to Zionist imperial looting). Where is your human rights now?

Again, if Iran is utopia, no one is stopping you from leaving. I love Canada, and don't really have much of a problem with how it's being run. I do take issue to how they handle some of the problems that face the nation, but you learn to live with it, and have your say by voting. You seem so against it, so go do something about it. But you probably won't choose to because you're using Canadian resources until you can go back to your home country.

Just so many contradictions with you.

I think you want me to leave because you dont like hearing the truth. Did you vote whether for Canada to support Zionist war mongers in the war against the innocent Afghan people or not? No because there was no choice to.
Now children collecting firewood a few days ago "could" have been planting roadside bombs for the Taliban.

I love Canada, your using our resources, leave for your un-humanitarian Iran.

I'm sure all my Bahá'í friends will agree with you. Or maybe not, considering that you and your people are prosecuting them to no ends and are some of the worst human rights violators in the world today. Fucking pathetic.
You and your friend said it and I the world believes it.

Oh and btw, one of my first memories is Saddam bombing my town in Israel. What a good "zionist" agent eh. Go shed your schizo tears elsewhere.
Real mature to twist things up like this, Im sure your work here isnt done with this kind of name calling and your western media points... plus another 10 times for me to leave Canada. Your working against humanity and everyone to have a better life here. Lastly the only war you've experienced is playing video games... Im actually tired of your view points so Im just not going to respond to your posts in this thread.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 10-18-2012 at 12:17 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #58
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I may have missed it by skimming back the last few posts, but please tell me, CIC, that PressTV isn't your only source for what you call credible news. No television station, ANYWHERE, in the world, is going to be without bias. It may be blatant like allowing Holocaust deniers to talk without another talking head countering their points, or it might be something more subtle, like specifically choosing a particular song or an image to be shown at the right moment. I used to create documentaries for a living; I know exactly how to tweak a video to change the viewer's opinion, even if what's being said is intended to be the complete opposite.

The point of having multiple stations available is so that you can hear the same story from different point of views and, from there, form what should be the truth. I'm not saying PressTV is pure propaganda and utter bs; it's simply that no one should ever take one stations word as gold and run with it.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #59
I subscribe to Revscene

They do have western guests and even self claimed Zionist for opposing views. Just yesterday they brought a guy sympathetic to the Syrian rebels but sometimes it gets ugly and this time with the guest speakers talking over each-other... if anyone's interested in watching.
I watch the Iranian sponsored English PressTV which is also has a Hispanic version.
Press TV

HispanTV

And the Russian sponsored English RT
On air

This is real news, I challenge RevScene members to please find me another English news channel that speaks the truth about 911 so that I may have another credible news source to watch.

PressTV shows about 911

Richard Gage, Founder of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth
Press TV

ten-year US Marine Corps veteran
Irans leader telling the Associated Press in Farsi that a airplane hitting the towers wouldnt cause such a collapse but incendiaries in the building would.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #60
Head Moderator

That wasn't the question I asked.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #61
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
How Israel took over Palestinian land is still beyond me.
When it comes to the modern battlefield, history has proven that Arabs can't fight the Israelis in a traditional war, they always get their asses handed to them. Israelis are smarter, have better equipment and training than any Arab military in the region. Israel wouldn't exist today if that last sentence wasn't true.

Here is an Arab that gets it.

Arab Spring and the Israeli enemy | ArabNews

Quote:
Thirty-nine years ago, on Oct. 6, 1973, the third major war between the Arabs and Israel broke out. The war lasted only 20 days. The two sides were engaged in two other major wars, in 1948 and 1967.

The 1967 War lasted only six days. But, these three wars were not the only Arab-Israel confrontations. From the period of 1948 and to this day many confrontations have taken place. Some of them were small clashes and many of them were full-scale battles, but there were no major wars apart from the ones mentioned above. The Arab-Israeli conflict is the most complicated conflict the world ever experienced. On the anniversary of the 1973 War between the Arab and the Israelis, many people in the Arab world are beginning to ask many questions about the past, present and the future with regard to the Arab-Israeli conflict.

The questions now are: What was the real cost of these wars to the Arab world and its people. And the harder question that no Arab national wants to ask is: What was the real cost for not recognizing Israel in 1948 and why didn’t the Arab states spend their assets on education, health care and the infrastructures instead of wars? But, the hardest question that no Arab national wants to hear is whether Israel is the real enemy of the Arab world and the Arab people.

I decided to write this article after I saw photos and reports about a starving child in Yemen, a burned ancient Aleppo souk in Syria, the under developed Sinai in Egypt, car bombs in Iraq and the destroyed buildings in Libya. The photos and the reports were shown on the Al-Arabiya network, which is the most watched and respected news outlet in the Middle East.

The common thing among all what I saw is that the destruction and the atrocities are not done by an outside enemy. The starvation, the killings and the destruction in these Arab countries are done by the same hands that are supposed to protect and build the unity of these countries and safeguard the people of these countries. So, the question now is that who is the real enemy of the Arab world?

The Arab world wasted hundreds of billions of dollars and lost tens of thousands of innocent lives fighting Israel, which they considered is their sworn enemy, an enemy whose existence they never recognized. The Arab world has many enemies and Israel should have been at the bottom of the list. The real enemies of the Arab world are corruption, lack of good education, lack of good health care, lack of freedom, lack of respect for the human lives and finally, the Arab world had many dictators who used the Arab-Israeli conflict to suppress their own people.

These dictators’ atrocities against their own people are far worse than all the full-scale Arab-Israeli wars.

In the past, we have talked about why some Israeli soldiers attack and mistreat Palestinians. Also, we saw Israeli planes and tanks attack various Arab countries. But, do these attacks match the current atrocities being committed by some Arab states against their own people.

In Syria, the atrocities are beyond anybody’s imaginations? And, isn’t the Iraqis are the ones who are destroying their own country? Wasn’t it Tunisia’s dictator who was able to steal 13 billion dollars from the poor Tunisians? And how can a child starve in Yemen if their land is the most fertile land in the world? Why would Iraqi brains leave Iraq in a country that makes 110 billion dollars from oil export? Why do the Lebanese fail to govern one of the tiniest countries in the world? And what made the Arab states start sinking into chaos?

On May 14, 1948 the state of Israel was declared. And just one day after that, on May 15, 1948 the Arabs declared war on Israel to get back Palestine. The war ended on March 10, 1949. It lasted for nine months, three weeks and two days. The Arabs lost the war and called this war Nakbah (catastrophic war). The Arabs gained nothing and thousands of Palestinians became refugees.

And on 1967, the Arabs led by Egypt under the rule of Gamal Abdul Nasser, went in war with Israel and lost more Palestinian land and made more Palestinian refugees who are now on the mercy of the countries that host them. The Arabs called this war Naksah (upset). The Arabs never admitted defeat in both wars and the Palestinian cause got more complicated. And now, with the never ending Arab Spring, the Arab world has no time for the Palestinians refugees or Palestinian cause, because many Arabs are refugees themselves and under constant attacks from their own forces. Syrians are leaving their own country, not because of the Israeli planes dropping bombs on them. It is the Syrian Air Force which is dropping the bombs. And now, Iraqi Arab Muslims, most intelligent brains, are leaving Iraq for the est. In Yemen, the world’s saddest human tragedy play is being written by the Yemenis. In Egypt, the people in Sinai are forgotten.

Finally, if many of the Arab states are in such disarray, then what happened to the Arabs’ sworn enemy (Israel)? Israel now has the most advanced research facilities, top universities and advanced infrastructure. Many Arabs don’t know that the life expectancy of the Palestinians living in Israel is far longer than many Arab states and they enjoy far better political and social freedom than many of their Arab brothers. Even the Palestinians living under Israeli occupation in the West Bank and Gaza Strip enjoy more political and social rights than some places in the Arab World. Wasn’t one of the judges who sent a former Israeli president to jail is an Israeli-Palestinian?

The Arab Spring showed the world that the Palestinians are happier and in better situation than their Arab brothers who fought to liberate them from the Israelis. Now, it is time to stop the hatred and wars and start to create better living conditions for the future Arab generations.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #62
Head Moderator

Okay. I've had PressTV playing in the background for the past couple hours and have been trying to get a feel for how they present their stories. Hate to say this, CIC, but their news reports are chalk full of loaded language, as well as a very definite anti-Western slant to most of the stories. Believe it or not, but a genuinely credible news station wouldn't have that obvious of a slant.

RT is a bit better. They actually present some decently balanced stories, but there's still a fairly distinct slant that they lean towards. $10 and a gold star to the first one to state what that bias is...
Old 10-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #63
I subscribe to Revscene

A slanted truth is better then a little or big brainwashing lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
That wasn't the question I asked.
I watch the CBC news stream clips on their website ever so often and when I see how night and day the sides on Syria are, with blatant lies and propaganda in the Canadian reporting, it further reinforces my beliefs that none of it credible.

Link to main website
The National - Shows - Shows - CBC Player

Even a CNC reporter has come out on RT news and PressTV stating that Bahrain has been buying CNN off to show only positive news about the country
Obviously the war machines powerful ships are stationed their at one of the most crucial water straights where something like 30% of the worlds oil passes. The Zionist media if part of the problem in brainwashing people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
When it comes to the modern battlefield, history has proven that Arabs can't fight the Israelis in a traditional war, they always get their asses handed to them. Israelis are smarter, have better equipment and training than any Arab military in the region. Israel wouldn't exist today if that last sentence wasn't true.

Here is an Arab that gets it.
Just skimming through, he failed to mention Isreal's handlers.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #64
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Okay. I've had PressTV playing in the background for the past couple hours and have been trying to get a feel for how they present their stories. Hate to say this, CIC, but their news reports are chalk full of loaded language, as well as a very definite anti-Western slant to most of the stories. Believe it or not, but a genuinely credible news station wouldn't have that obvious of a slant.

RT is a bit better. They actually present some decently balanced stories, but there's still a fairly distinct slant that they lean towards. $10 and a gold star to the first one to state what that bias is...

^ Pretty clear when RT is funded by the Russian Government. RT does have a few similarities to Al-Jazeera when you compare it NA to NA coverage.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #65
Head Moderator

Quote:
A slanted truth is better then a little or big brainwashing lies.
Those two words are synonyms for one another. A slanted view is there to brainwash you into thinking the same thing the reporter/new station does. How do you uphold one, yet blast the other, all at the same time?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #66
I subscribe to Revscene

Easy, one tells the truth, the other a lie.
For example does the CBC mention that the Syrian "freedom fighters" are all mercenaries from outside of Syria?
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #67
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
For example does the CBC mention that the Syrian "freedom fighters" are all mercenaries from outside of Syria?
If truth is slanted it's still a lie. You aren't telling the whole truth, because you choose to withhold the rest of it, pretty much making the slant a lie. Brainwash and slant are interchangeable, watch.

Quote:
A brainwashed truth is better then a little or big slanted lies.
They mean the EXACT same thing.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #68
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
I was going to ask who paid the foreign mercenaries to fight in Syria....

But then I remembered to listen to the broken record and realized it's the Zionists!
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #69
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Oh gods. What have I done.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #70
I subscribe to Revscene

Old 10-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #71
Head Moderator

Quote:
Hardly. The point of slanting a truth is to brainwash the viewer into thinking a particular way.

And as I've already mentioned, PressTV does a lot of that. Seriously, step back for a minute with unbiased ears and listen to the actual words that they use (plenty of loaded language in their rhetoric), as well as the particular topics they tend to cover. No, not all of it is like that, but most of it that covers anything ot do with the west is chalk full of it.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #72
I subscribe to Revscene

Your just not used to hearing the truth so it shocks you and comes of as slanted propaganda.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #73
Head Moderator

Quote:
Your just not used to hearing the truth so it shocks you and comes of as slanted propaganda.
Hardly. I've spent many years working on films, creating documentaries, and acting as a camera operator for field reporters for a news station that no longer exists. As I've said, I know exactly how to create a segment so that it can sound like someone is saying something opposite of what they've actually said. I know the tricks of editing and subliminal messaging, so they're pretty damn easy to spot.

For the record, one of the reasons why I got out of the industry was because of reporters twisting stories to their own biased views.

That said, until you can admit that every news station has a slant, even PressTV, your opinions will remain pointless because there's no use arguing or even listening to someone that wont admit to the truth. (See? I can use your wording against you as well!)
Old 10-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #74
I subscribe to Revscene

The internet has a foot print of past reports, show me one report exposing 911 was an inside job.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 10-19-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #75
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote