REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 10-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Vet for cats?

Hi,

I have a 6 month old cat and I've been taking it to Urban Pet Hospital in downtown Vancouver. But, I'm starting to think it might be quite a bit more expensive than other places - just because it's downtown.

I dropped her off at the vet today and spay was estimated at $340 before tax and I decided to get the microchip just incase even though she's an indoor cat for $40. Now that's not bad, but I just got another call saying she has a broken canine and needs an xray to make sure there is no pulp exposure which adds up to $500 and would total $720 if the tooth needs to be extracted...

Last time I took her in to get looked at because she had a dilated eye it cost me $180 with eye medication and syringe/antibiotics. Not sure if these prices are usual or not, but they sure are adding up!

Just out of curiousity - to other cat owners, where do you take your cat?

This is my first purebred persian. (Got from a friend for free) My old cats (mutt cats) never had any problems and only had to go to the vet to get fixed.
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

you can try "all about cats" in north vancouver. that clinic is great. the price for the chip sounds about right but the spay is pretty steep. i think thats what i paid for both my cats spay/neuter and chips (male and female). any ways good luck finding a nice place. my co worker says good things about allondale in guildford if thats not too far out of the way.
dinealone is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Another place in North Van you could try is blueridge vet clinic (just off second narrows) they are not specifically for cats but a great place. My family and I have been taking our pets (cats and dogs) there for years and we have nothing but good things to say about them. Not sure about theirs prices but could check and see.

1988 Toyota Supra - Mia
1990 Toyota Supra - Letty
1998 Toyota Aristo - Gisele (sold)
88SupraT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #4
I don't get it

Personally I think SPCA Hospital is the cheapest place for check ups and shots and other various procedures.

A spay/neuter there for cat is around 100$ I think, and that includes a tattoo if your cat doesn't already have one. I can't remember how much it was exactly for me when I took my kitten there for her spay, but I remember calling a few vets and their prices were ridiculous compared to SPCA.

Yeah, SPCA Hospital isnt in the greatest of neighbourhoods and isn't as nice and clean as most other vets but it's just as good as other vets in terms of their service. Not to mention cheaper prices.

You can always call them and ask about their pricing!
NimbeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2012, 04:18 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
^Yeah, I was considering SPCA because of the price before. But, my friend brought their cat there before to get spayed and it died from the operation.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:58 AM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Isn't there a cat-only vet on 4th just off Granville Island?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #7
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Isn't there a cat-only vet on 4th just off Granville Island?
Yes, it is just across the street from the old Speaker City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote