REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Protein Bars

Hey

I've been trying to find a replacement for the energy bars I normally get or find another place I can get them in bulk. I use to buy Cliff bars from Superstore till they stopped selling them. I later switched to Energize Me bars that I could buy in bulk at Costco. Now Costco stopped selling them, so I am kinda in need to switch to another brand or find some place that would sell them in bulk as well.

So my question is which energy/ protein bars do people here like to use?

Also, does anyone know where I might find Energize Me bars in bulk.

Thanks

ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Why not go with whey protein shakes? Better for you and because its in liquid form it is absorbed and utilized by your body much faster. You'll probably save a bunch of money as well.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
I buy Clif Builder Bars from Costco. Sadly, they only have them in one size/box and limited to two flavours (not that I care.) There are other brands sold at Costco (vegan / 100% organic, the list goes on etc.) but the Clif ones fit the bill and work well for me.

I use them when I go out for long rides and know I will not have access to food right away. Otherwise, when I get home, it's usually a whey protein powder from Costco that dhillon09 introduced to me (Kaizen?) - green bottle/jug.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Not sure what the brand was but I used to get the bars in a white and red box from Costco. I'm pretty sure they weren't Cliff bars. I liked them because they were the highest protein to lowest sugar ratio.
kcl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #5

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Elevate Me! Natural protein bars and fruit energy bar ELEVATE ME!

You can get them at Costco. They are awesome. Made with fruit and whey. No bullshit chemical ingredients that no one understands. I think they are also local.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i eat detour bars from costco. they have a relatively low sugar content and taste alright.
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post

You can get them at Costco. They are awesome. Made with fruit and whey. No bullshit chemical ingredients that no one understands. I think they are also local.
Sadly they don't sell them at Costco anymore. Not at least at the Willingdon or Burquiltlam location anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I buy Clif Builder Bars from Costco. Sadly, they only have them in one size/box and limited to two flavours (not that I care.) There are other brands sold at Costco (vegan / 100% organic, the list goes on etc.) but the Clif ones fit the bill and work well for me.

I use them when I go out for long rides and know I will not have access to food right away. Otherwise, when I get home, it's usually a whey protein powder from Costco that dhillon09 introduced to me (Kaizen?) - green bottle/jug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
Why not go with whey protein shakes? Better for you and because its in liquid form it is absorbed and utilized by your body much faster. You'll probably save a bunch of money as well.
Yeah I hate the Peanut Butter ones, I use to love buying the Chocolate Chips and Almonds in bulk at superstore.

I'm looking for protein bars mostly for a snack while I am travelling to and from work and not quite home for food. I use protein shakes for post work outs and stuff.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:42 AM   #8
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I've purchased 3 different types of protein bars from Costco; Protein, Detour, and Cliff.

Protein brand has the most protein, 30gs in a bar, whereas the last 2 brands have a lot less, like 15-20. If you want more protein, then your choice would be the first brand, but be advised, it doesn't taste too good and it's fairly chewy and dry.

I'm currently working on the Detour bars and they taste pretty good, similar to that of a tasty chocolate bar.

Haven't tested out the cliff bars yet, so I can't comment on them.
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

CLIF Builder Bars
I find that they leave a nasty aftertaste, would much rather go with protein powder.
BossFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #10

I've tried the Protein brand, not a fan of those. It's pretty blah in taste. I might look into Detour bars, if I am unable to locate any Energize Me bars sold in bulk/boxes.

I did see Energize Me bars for sale at Save on Foods for $3.00 a bar. What a rip off
Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #11

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
I love the cliff builder bars. Its like eating a chocolate bar.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
I am Hook'd on RS

that's because you are eating a chocolate bar. Look at the ingredients for that clif bar. Might as well wrap a toblerone in a slice of bread and eat it. Same thing.

the only bar at costco that is semi healthy is the protein brand. Yes, they taste like shit. That's how you know they are healthy. -_-
highres604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #13
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,336 Times in 967 Posts

i know these aren't protein bars, but it's great. expensive but every ingredient on the bar is natural with no preservatives and you can pronounce it... i love it... then agian, they ain't protein
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #14

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highres604 View Post
that's because you are eating a chocolate bar. Look at the ingredients for that clif bar. Might as well wrap a toblerone in a slice of bread and eat it. Same thing.

the only bar at costco that is semi healthy is the protein brand. Yes, they taste like shit. That's how you know they are healthy. -_-
The purpose of a protein bar is for the protein. I don't see any toblerone bars with 20g of protein
Old 10-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #15
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
lol

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #16
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
The purpose of a protein bar is for the protein. I don't see any toblerone bars with 20g of protein
.. or you could eat a toblerone bar and drink a protein shake...

Protein bars are glorified chocolate bars.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #17
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,550 Times in 1,705 Posts
^ Really stupid post.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #18

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quest Bars by Quest Nutrition at Bodybuilding.com - Lowest Prices on Quest Bars!

my favorite bars
low calorie, high protein, high fiber
taste great too
i go strawberry cheesecake for the lowest sodium content, and lowest calories
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post

Yes.
They also have stepped up their game a notch....I audited them last year...
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #20
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
Quest Bars by Quest Nutrition at Bodybuilding.com - Lowest Prices on Quest Bars!

my favorite bars
low calorie, high protein, high fiber
taste great too
i go strawberry cheesecake for the lowest sodium content, and lowest calories
I was going to suggest Quest bars too. They are great, and very low in sugar/carbohydrates while maxing out the protein. They taste pretty good though, at least the ones I've tried.
Majestic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #21
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

vector bars are pretty good
vanle is offline   Reply With Quote