REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #76
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
designed and to be built by Honda America
no manual transmission
the only thing going for it is the hybrid system

what made the original unique was the cabin-forward design and its history...this looks just like a flashy Accord/RSX replacement, at least in the press photos.

I think the current R8 (which practically is the modern-day NSX) will be the last great everyday supercar and hold its value well...even the new gen will eliminate the 6-speed.
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #77
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I'd rather have the new type R civic wagon than this NSX if it's going to look like OP...
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #78
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

no clue why everyone is going on about how it's unlike the original or how the HSV is what Honda should have put out

Firstly, every single image of the HSV posted is a genuine super GT car. You can take nearly any car, put it in race dress and make it look fantastic. Take away the massive wing, splitter, super-low ride height, huge 6 spoke bronze wheels, hood spoiling, diffuser, brake ducts, massive exhaust, naked carbon, etc. and i'm sure the HSV road car would be little more than a boring blob. Unfortunately not everyone shares the taste of us car enthusiasts who appreciate and admire hyper aggressive functional body styling. The image that you project, driving around a literal GT race car in the streets is not the kind of image the majority of people who buy exotic sports cars want (I'm betting).

Secondly, I get that everyone loves the original NSX, because I do too. Full aluminum suspension and chassis, the birth of vtec, yo, slamming ferraris and porsches for a fraction of the price, slamming GT-Rs without any of those silly turbo things. Pure 90's golden age design.

But just blatantly rehashing its design is not the answer for a modern successor. If they did this, it would just be lazy, riding on the original's coattails, pandering, and completely without its own character or identity. Like a cover band or something. You can't just keep carting out the same lines that were probably penciled in 1988 or something, doing that, you completely fall behind the curve.

I'm not saying that the actual design of the new NSX is great. I like it from about 30% of the angles I see it at, but the HSV or a slightly blobbed out 1991 NSX would not have been the answer. Going hyper-modern was definitely the right choice, and i'll reserve judgement on this car until I see its specs and price..

Oh and watching the most recent teaser it looks like Honda had some sense knocked into them about wheel design. The rear end looks really nice too. Everything else looks similar to the slightly older concepts posted itt though.

Last edited by right angle; 12-17-2014 at 04:27 PM.
right angle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #79
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,789 Times in 1,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by right angle View Post

But just blatantly rehashing its design is not the answer for a modern successor. If they did this, it would just be lazy, riding on the original's coattails, pandering, and completely without its own character or identity. Like a cover band or something. You can't just keep carting out the same lines that were probably penciled in 1988 or something, doing that, you completely fall behind the curve.
Works for some car manufacturers....

2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #80
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Haven't been this excited for a super car in a long time
Old 12-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #81
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Works for some car manufacturers....
911 et al
I wasn't really "around" for it, but didn't the transition from 993 -> 996 piss off a lot of people? Now imagine that same transition except going from the 964. The NSX has had a 10 year gap. Porsche has managed to make "the same design" work well because the 911 is something of a legend, and, they just gradually change it over time.
right angle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #82
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
I think the most important thing people entirely fail to realize is, exotic cars tend to be "ahead of their time," whereas the old NSX was way ahead of its time, so is this new one.

I never understand why people complain about how something new was not like it was before, like how the new GT-R is not like the old ones, how the new Z cars are not like the old Z cars, how the new Civic Si is nothing like the Type-Rs etc. etc.

The market has to move forward, technology has to move forward, things change. If things never changed, automotive technology would still be stuck in the 90s.

[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #83

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
I think the most important thing people entirely fail to realize is, exotic cars tend to be "ahead of their time," whereas the old NSX was way ahead of its time, so is this new one.

I never understand why people complain about how something new was not like it was before, like how the new GT-R is not like the old ones, how the new Z cars are not like the old Z cars, how the new Civic Si is nothing like the Type-Rs etc. etc.

The market has to move forward, technology has to move forward, things change. If things never changed, automotive technology would still be stuck in the 90s.

Z car, Civic Si and Type-Rs are not exotics.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:06 PM   #84

Quote:
you mean get heavier (GT-R notably), V6 Turbo in favour of NA V8 (M4), lose 6 speed in favour of split-second DCT (just about every supercar) just so it looks better on paper?

I'm not knocking on the new NSX's advancement...but if it's a completely different type of layout/tranny made from a separate team...they should've named it something else? It doesn't even line up with the rest of Acura's naming scheme (TLX, ILX etc). At this point we dont even know if it's gonna be sold as a Honda outside of North America.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #85
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
you mean get heavier (GT-R notably), V6 Turbo in favour of NA V8 (M4), lose 6 speed in favour of split-second DCT (just about every supercar) just so it looks better on paper?
GT-R is heavy, but handles and accelerates superbly and is really a great car.
6cyl turbo over NA V8 = better torque and emissions compliance
DCT once again is for emissions really

Emissions and safety regs is what has ultimately brought the automotive industry to what it is now, for better or for worse...
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:49 AM   #86
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
No manual transmission?

We exist in the age of the faggot

90's cars > today's cars

Fuck we grew up with Hammersmith and Iona, 264th and epic shit-talking, manual transmissions and hard launches that you needed skill for

Now your grandmother could pull a 10 in a GT-R while shitting into a diaper

Fuck you
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:52 AM   #87
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Emissions and safety regs is what has ultimately brought the automotive industry to what it is now, for better or for worse...

Can't wait for the day where my car scolds me for swearing and drives me home instead of allowing me to hit my dealer for some blow

Car: "Jason you need to go home and sleep, your girlfriend will not like you drinking more and doing drugs"

Me: "Fuck you car, drive me to Cordova and Carrell"

Car: "Sorry Jason, you're going home, I'm activating the seat belt restraint feature as you are becoming non-compliant to Bill C-69 which prevents aggressive men from having control over a steering wheel. I am now injecting you with a sedative so you calm down."

Me: "Fuck you caaaaar...... zzzz..."
Old 12-18-2014, 05:40 AM   #88

Thanked 4,789 Times in 1,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post

2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #89
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I believe the UK version has already sold out (100 units) of the production year. I just hope we don't see these with ICBC 'N' badges anytime soon.
AudiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #90

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
Quote:
No manual transmission?

90's cars > today's cars

Fuck we grew up with Hammersmith and Iona, 264th and epic shit-talking, manual transmissions and hard launches that you needed skill for

Fuck you
Lol this made me LOL fucking hard. Now this is where your writing background just fucking shines. The imagery created was second to none. I could picture a drunk mid-30s man just smashing his keyboard and yelling at his screen.
If cars keep going this way it could be great for my bank account. At this rate in 10 years when I consider buying a brand new "sports car" straight off the lot I'll just say fuck that shit and buy some 20 year old M3 from craigslist again because its the only way I'll get a clutch.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #91
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
No manual transmission?

90's cars > today's cars

Fuck you
great statement and quite true but the bolded made me spit up my coffee. +1 to you
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #92
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiFreak View Post
I believe the UK version has already sold out (100 units) of the production year. I just hope we don't see these with ICBC 'N' badges anytime soon.
Then stay out of Richmond.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #93

Quote:
no clue why everyone is going on about how it's unlike the original or how the HSV is what Honda should have put out

Firstly, every single image of the HSV posted is a genuine super GT car. You can take nearly any car, put it in race dress and make it look fantastic. Take away the massive wing, splitter, super-low ride height, huge 6 spoke bronze wheels, hood spoiling, diffuser, brake ducts, massive exhaust, naked carbon, etc. and i'm sure the HSV road car would be little more than a boring blob. Unfortunately not everyone shares the taste of us car enthusiasts who appreciate and admire hyper aggressive functional body styling. The image that you project, driving around a literal GT race car in the streets is not the kind of image the majority of people who buy exotic sports cars want (I'm betting).
they should've just gave us the V10 variant

This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2014, 01:07 PM   #94
Banned (ABWS)

V10 + 6 speed = win
Old 12-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #95

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
V10 + 6 speed = win
There's almost absolutely no demand for stick shift Lamborghini or Ferrari. None.

Their customers are successful business man or celebrities who want to look pretty and show off.

Lamborghini's main customers aren't people who want to take it out to the track or twisty road on the weekend and rip it around with manual gear box.

According to Maurizio Reggiani(Director of Lamborghini), they could only sell 1% to 2% of Murcielago and Gallardo in stick shift.
Everybody else wanted paddle shift. Easier to drive, faster, better on gas, etc.
It would be a pretty dumb move for any exotic car manufacture to come up with manual gear box, especially when their customers are NOT asking for it.

There are some exceptions, Venom GT and Ultimate Aero customers didn't complain about manual gear box, but they have completely different customer base.
Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Bugatti...they're all status symbol.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #96
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Lol this made me LOL fucking hard. Now this is where your writing background just fucking shines.

Sweet, check out some of my YouTube comments, I've been practicing:

https://plus.google.com/109248947082688473913/posts
Old 12-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #97
Banned (ABWS)

I've always, always wanted an NSX:

1991 Acura NSX

Stock they are just so oddly pleasing in a geometric sort of way

You can see so many rectangles, curved blade-like shapes, squares, feminine curves with those big door-vents, the hidden handles, there is so much going on yet it all fits together to make such a legendary car. I think the NSX, especially 1st gen, is going to seriously hold its value and I would love to buy one after my next business venture pays off!

Most 1st gens I have seen for sale have been absolutely rat-bagged.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #98
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

every asian boys wet dream car.

I just dunno how they can out do every car like the original NSX did.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:28 AM   #99
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

I will respectfully disagree. The tuxedo is an old design but it is what we call timeless. It will always look good. Porsche has not changed their overall theme of their cars because the lines work. I love the concept you posted, it does not need to be ultra-modern to be stylish.

Trouble is, everyone these days pushes to become the most stylish rather than the most timeless. This is why we have the Miley Cyruses and Justin Biebers of the world who will be forgotten in 20 years while people and culture still recognize the Marilyn Monroes and Fred Astaires.

It is like the dark times of the automotive world, from 1974-1986 when the west fell out of love with cars. Now we love them too much and expect cars to have computers, GPS, blue tooth, yaw control, backup cameras, heated seats, 200 page operating manuals with 50 pages alone on the pop up screen and every function. 600+ hp yet speed limits have not changed, it is like passion for cars is buried under the demand for gimmicks.

Last time I went looking at cars, everything in the interior looked too nice to touch.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #100
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
they should've just gave us the V10 variant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpMAfsSk7jM
that V-10 sounds weak compared to the LFA...
95 AE101L -sold-

Last edited by GotRice?; 12-22-2014 at 08:37 PM.
GotRice? is offline   Reply With Quote