REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
Cleveland driver decides to make her own passing lane...

...not sure if repost but amazing what people would do to get to their destination 'quicker'?

The Passing Lane

School bus-ted: Ohio “idiot” pays a price for putting kids at risk
By David Menzies for MSN Autos

Hey, I understand: it can be such a drag when you’re in a rush only to come across a school bus with its red lights a-flashing and its stop sign extended. Those are very unambiguous signals meaning traffic in both directions must come to a dead stop. And for good reason: surely, all reasonable people want members of the small fry set to get to school (and back home again) safe and sound.

Alas, judging by her jackass behaviour, Shena Hardin of Cleveland does not appear to a reasonable person.

This much is safe to assume: Hardin is obviously an extremely busy woman with things to do and people to see and time is money and all that jazz. That’s why when she happened upon a stopped school bus complete with flashing lights, Hardin decided to go around the bus – and other immobile traffic – by simply piloting her silver-hued Jeep along the sidewalk.

Hey, class – check out the class act!

Incredibly, this wasn’t the first time Hardin has pulled such a moronic motoring manoeuvre. Thus, when she tried to get away with it again, the quick-thinking school bus driver was ready, catching the whole escapade on video. And even better, a police officer was lurking down the road, ready to pull her over. Amazingly, she actually did stop for the cruiser’s flashing lights.

And to think she couldn’t even be bothered to use her turn signals when hopping on and off the sidewalk!

But seriously, how can this behaviour explained? I sincerely doubt Hardin is a brain surgeon on call. On the flipside, she wasn’t impaired, either. So how do you justify driving on a sidewalk in the first place? Well, you can’t – unless you’re a de rigueur selfish [use expletive of your choice here.]

In any event, Hardin was thankfully nabbed red-handed. Better yet, kudos to the judge who so creatively sentenced the Jeep-driving jerk. In addition to a $250 fine and a 30-day licence suspension, the 32-year-old Hardin was ordered to stand at an intersection wearing a sign proclaiming: “Only an idiot drives on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus.”

I could kiss that judge for employing such a superb example of public shaming. Hopefully, Ms. Hardin has indeed learnt a lesson when it comes to such a flagrant disregard for the rules of the road and public safety, although, sadly, I wouldn’t be on it.
Advertisement
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
DUUUUUUUUUUMB BITCH
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
original video was posted already...but the outcome...only 1 thing can be said...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
how can you plead not guilty when your caught on camera and by the cops down the road.....
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
how can you plead not guilty when your caught on camera and by the cops down the road.....
Sounds about right, she drove on the sidewalk..........that says something about her already.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
hmm..what she did was really stupid, dangerous, irresponsible..but for a Judge to call a citizen an idiot is completely unprofessional imo. There are many reasons why people do the things they do, I sure hope the judge has a degree in psychology before he makes a statement like "only an idiot would do ___________". Give her a big fine and a driving suspension, but I don't agree with these petty humiliation sentences.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
caught red handed and still going to plea Not Guilty
Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
hmm..what she did was really stupid, dangerous, irresponsible..but for a Judge to call a citizen an idiot is completely unprofessional imo. There are many reasons why people do the things they do, I sure hope the judge has a degree in psychology before he makes a statement like "only an idiot would do ___________". Give her a big fine and a driving suspension, but I don't agree with these petty humiliation sentences.
i totally disagree. its refreshing to hear someone call it like it is.
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: