REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 11-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Lowering question for 2010 civic 4dr?

I'm wondering what setup I should use on my 2010 civic 4 door? it's a 2010 Civic 4door, SPORT DX model.

What kind of spring/shox set up, or kit should I go with to drop it a couple inches. help, please! I'm mainly concerned that I will not wreck my warranty, and I could use some advice here.
any pointers would be helpful.
Advertisement
wyldchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

You need to decide if you want to get lowering springs or coilovers first. It's really all about preference, you will probably be able to find some more specific information at 8thCivic.com - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldchild View Post

I'm wondering what setup I should use on my 2010 civic 4 door? it's a 2010 Civic 4door, SPORT DX model.

What kind of spring/shox set up, or kit should I go with to drop it a couple inches. help, please! I'm mainly concerned that I will not wreck my warranty, and I could use some advice here.
any pointers would be helpful.
sport = lx
base = dx

=S
Old 11-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
depends your plans, cuz the problem with springs ( "yea il do springs cuz its the cheapest way to lower the car") with most people is that after u install, it doesn't give the ride height they want cuz theres no adjust-ability. another thing is that unless you replace shocks too your spring and shock combo will be mismatched, not giving you the perfect ride. Most likely your shocks will be too soft to handle the drop and it will handle like butt when you push it.

best thing is coilover set up with spring rates matching what u want to do with the car, street or track or herafrush. will give you height adjustment + dampening adjustment. but the problem here is that its also more $$$$.

just decide what you want first, cuz last thing you want is to go with springs, or even with shocks but not up to your specs, then even waste more money uninstalling that to buy a set of coils plus reinstall.

and not sure about warranty cuz depends how asshole your dealer is about that.
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Because grocery getting race car?
Posted via RS Mobile
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
Because grocery getting race car?