REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Wire transfer US funds into a US company

My business is making around a $17,000 purchase from a US company for piece of equipment. We have to purchase it in US funds into their US bank account, so I was just wondering with the exchange rate and fees what was the best avenue to go.

I have both a business account with RBC and Coast Capital. Will we get the best rate from converting our Canadian money at the bank into a US money wire, or should we withdraw the money ourselves, convert it elsewhere and deposit it back as US funds for a direct transfer? Would we get a better rate at any private companies (Western Union etc)?
Advertisement
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I know my mom converts quite a bit of money for work, if I remember correctly a private company can give you a better rate depending on how much you want to convert. In your case $17,000 I'm pretty sure they would give you a better rate then a bank would
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Vbce

Moneyway (now only in park royal) is good too

I'll need to bring a registered/certified cheque though, so call beforehand to make sure you have all ur points in line
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I work for TD and usually when customers come in that do currency exchange for more than 10k we call/book in a better rate for the customer by calling our foreign currency department (usually matching all the other offers or even beating it by a little). I assume it would be the same for RBC. Just tell the RBC staff that the rate you were offered was whatever that is being shown on vbce.com (usually its the best rate there) and see if they can match/beat it.
kluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
VBCE usually has the best rate, if not its pretty up there.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote