REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
Israel Gaza Conflict thread

Hey all with the recent unrest between Israel and Gaza I figure we could post the latest developments and thoughts etc here
Advertisement
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
It's a sensitive issue... Everyone has different opinions on it and it would be difficult to assert unbiased and well founded responses. BUT, this is just my opinion...

Last edited by broken_arrow; 11-19-2012 at 08:51 PM.
broken_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
It's hard to get unbiased facts on the Palestinian - Israel conflict. But, personally, it seemed like the Palestinians got shafted out of their land (1948) and Israel is still continuing to encroach and reclaim "historical sites." From what I understand, if they find a shard of vase in Palestinian areas, they'll claim it as their land. Would love more detail/info on this.

Hamas has considerably decreased rocket fire and says the onus is on Israel to end the attacks. It could be that they just ran out of rockets or delaying so they can reassemble the, supposed, newly acquired "Dawn" missiles from Iran.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

It is a fucking human tragedy, so much hatred

Only the women can change it, by refusing to fuck the extremists on both sides
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Beautiful girls of the Israeli Army (31 Photos) : theCHIVE
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
I don't get it

RouRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts

^^^ forget that Israel has their state just look at what was left to the Palestinians and how much that has been encroached on and filled with occupiers who either live in the homes there of others or tear em down and build apartment buildings over it.

this recent spat of attacks again was brought on by the assassination of a Hamas leader

It's really very simple if you were attacked by a foreign body and thrown out of your homes or had your homes destroyed, or had your livelihood (farms) destroyed and you were corralled into a concentrated, monitored, controlled, frequently bombarded camp some of you would likely rise up and try to attack this outside force and im not speaking of the state of Israel here I'm remarking on the occupied territories (hell they live by the coast but cant even enter the sea!)

doesn't get any more simple than that; it's actually surprising that not every palestinian is up in arms but rather most of them are just trying to live with what they have left

HELL even Ehud Barak (former PM etc) said if he were born in palestine he'd be a terrorist too

Ignoring the fact that Israel is in the wrong here, I can understand them wanting to defend what they've taken... but wth is the reasoning of antagonizing, inciting violence? just so you can attack some targets you've been itching to get at? okay fine but then why are you bombing the local police, radio stations etc.... (i know their excuses but it just doesn't fly)

I've been seeing these parallels made lately as people try to understand why Americans don't support Palestinians as much as the rest of the world

Side note "Anonymous" has taken to hacking and bringing down Israeli websites/networks as a form of "retaliation" because Israel has been doing the same to Palestinians during this recent conflict

Awaiting M!chael to pop-up out of his hole to exclaim how im wrong and Palestine is Evil and Israel are Angels and how the Palestinians need to have a Holocaust so they get wiped out of the area

Last edited by StylinRed; 11-19-2012 at 09:34 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Awaiting M!chael to pop-up out of his hole to exclaim how im wrong and Palestine is Evil and Israel are Angels and how the Palestinians need to have a Holocaust so they get wiped out of the area
What the fuck is wrong with you?
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by m!chael View Post
What the fuck is wrong with you?
there he is!

lol how quickly we forget the past it was the very moment i stopped enjoying going back and forth with you with our views; if you've forgotten you can go back into the history and reread your comments

if you've changed your view great
Old 11-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #11

Quote:
there he is!

lol how quickly we forget the past it was the very moment i stopped enjoying going back and forth with you with our views; if you've forgotten you can go back into the history and reread your comments

if you've changed your view great
You've gone full retard buddy.

Edit: It's actually pathetic that you have to stoop so low to accuse me of something that I absolutely, never, ever, would even think of saying. I just went through every Israel argument post I had with you since the flotilla incident and did not find a single post that even insinuates something of that sort. You can have your opinion as I have mine, and you most definitely don't have to agree with me. But don't, DON'T, accuse me of anything of that sort or put such words in my mouth. I have lost any respect I had for you (which you may be surprised, was a fair bit because of your dedication to your causes and your thoughtful, although at times misguided, opinions). Shame on you.

Last edited by m!chael; 11-19-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Edited to show further disgust with StylinRed's made up accusations.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #12

that's fine

edit: you can try and back away from it all you want but that was the exact moment i stopped caring what you said and as mentioned ceased enjoying going back and forth with you i think ages later you claimed you were trolling iirc but that didnt matter to me the impression was set

Last edited by StylinRed; 11-19-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #13
I don't get it

Israel controls almost everything that comes into Gaza.... every day things are denied... they bomb and destroy infrastructure then deny them the basics to rebuild.. like concrete and the most simple things in life.. they take their land away from them in illegal settlements and the world says your bad Israel.. and never do anything about it.. its a fucking shame how people think. ISRAEL IS THE PROBLEM IN THE MIDDLE EAST.
RouRK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #14
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I've heard points from both sides, and it's not as simple as what's stated so far in this thread (people siding against Israel)
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #15
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I personally side with the innocent civilians in this conflict as one always should.
And everyone can have an opinion and that's fine, but the facts simply are that almost every major country in the world opposes what Israel is and has been doing for a long time.
And that should speak volumes about the situation, and when you look at the two sides of this conflict try not to refer nor look at it as Jews vs Palestinians, that's just the wrong way to look at it... it's more like Zionists vs Extremists
Old 11-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #16

Quote:
that's fine

edit: you can try and back away from it all you want but that was the exact moment i stopped caring what you said and as mentioned ceased enjoying going back and forth with you i think ages later you claimed you were trolling iirc but that didnt matter to me the impression was set
I'm not backing away from anything, because I never said anything of that sort. Any person who has followed our bickering over the years can attest to the fact that I never said, or would say, anything like that. It's sad that you have to resort to this.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #17
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Now this is a topic I wouldn't dare touch, even with Hypa's foot long dick...

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #18
I am grateful grapefruit

Anyone interested in the history of that area should read this book

http://www.amazon.ca/From-Beirut-Jerusalem-Thomas-Friedman/dp/0385413726
Thomas Friedman (who's Jewish) was a NY Times reporter embedded in Beirut, then later in Jerusalem. It's a very interesting read, because at times, you almost feel like he's anti-Israel. But the more you read, the more you just realize the complexity of all the conflicts in the area.

I've read it once, need to read it again.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by m!chael View Post
I'm not backing away from anything, because I never said anything of that sort. Any person who has followed our bickering over the years can attest to the fact that I never said, or would say, anything like that. It's sad that you have to resort to this.
im not resorting to anything as i've stated it's the very moment i stopped enjoying our back and forth, ever since, i recall that disgusting impression; but im far too lazy/busy to look through all our discussions to find the very comment mentioned and because of that i'll defer to your claim that you've looked through everything and can't find it, and i'll apologize to you, im sorry, but the impression remains

Last edited by StylinRed; 11-20-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #20
Better safe than Surrey

I've been following chroniquespalestine.blogspot.ca for up-to date photos and news on the Palestinian side. Images are very raw and disturbing.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #21
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Tel Aviv was just rocked by a bomb placed in a bus.

rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:15 AM   #22

rocked? excessive no? thankfully no 1 died; this is significant though since the last time there was a bomb attack it was 2006

7 - 11 palestinian civilians died from bombing today, so far, and injuries are in the 100s (different number from few sources)

should make it clear though i wish both governments were eradicated and more sane ones placed in; in hopes they could come to a peace deal rather than having the civilians caught in the middle

the last leaders that seemed close to peace were Arafat and Rabin but they were both assassinated (its assumed Arafat was assassinated too and in fact they want to take his body out to test for poisons)

sigh

Last edited by StylinRed; 11-21-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #23
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
im thankful to live like canada
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
I subscribe to Revscene

This little girl died early in the war among a few other babies in which the bomb that dropped on their homes, contained phosphorus which fills the air and burns skins when it makes contact with it. Video of charred breathing baby included in the lower link
http://grantjkidney.com/wp-content/u...012/11/pic.jpg
Israeli attack on Gaza leaves burned, mutilated child victims | Grant J. Kidney, at War with the Establishment!

Why arent these terrorist acts by a "country" not shown in our media? because the west is complicit and a slave to the "new world order" paradigm.

Here is the Isreali defense force media campaign to wash it self clean of genocide.

Code:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI1g3CExuCw
You'd have to be a dimwit to buy into that.

In the 2009 Gaza assault, 1400 were murdered which 320 of them were children/minors and 100 women. ~10 Isreali's died.
Casualties of the Gaza War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember Isreal dropping white phosphorus on schools and bombing U.N. shelters... they get away with the most disgusting atrocities and the western population calls Hamas terrorists.

The current casualties; Gaza death toll rises to 161, incl 42 children & 11 women. 1222 wounded including 431 children & 207 women
Isreal = 5

This latest war was started by isreal in its long time goal to cleans the Arabs away from the military fort isreal is and to create a buffer zone for its men and women conscripted soldiers to live on base.
Isreal is not mean for a "Jewish" (ethnic or religious) state, in fact it has given world Jewry a bad name.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 11-21-2012 at 03:07 PM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #25
My homepage has been set to RS

alright fuck it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Why arent these terrorist acts by a "country" not shown in our media? because the west is complicit and a slave to the "new world order" paradigm.
today a bus full of 20 israelis blew up and that was covered. In addition all i'm seeing is coverage of people in gaza getting blown apart. I'd say the biased western media is showing us what they can get footage of. Go to CNN right now and tell me what you see.

Quote:
Here is the Isreali defense force media campaign to wash it self clean of genocide.

Code:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI1g3CExuCw
You'd have to be a dimwit to buy into that.
it costs israel 10,000 dollars to fire a single missle which is meant to counter a hamas missle and stop it from landing on israeli soil. It is filled with technology to be accurate and get the job done. If a hamas missle is headed towards outskirts of israel with no people, an israeli missle is not fired, to save money.

so i ask you, why the FUCK would they waste these missles and taxpayher dollars to kill little children and women? Because that's such a good PR stint? Because they enjoy killing women and children? Because they want to piss off hamas? Give me a break man, a missle is not fired unless it is to protect.

Quote:
In the 2009 Gaza assault, 1400 were murdered which 320 of them were children/minors and 100 women. ~10 Isreali's died.
Casualties of the Gaza War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
you are comparing a poor, run down society who's conflicts are started by terrorists, to the most sophisticated army in the world, engineered to protect and with years of experience. No shit 10 israelis died. Go look up numbers for the u.s vs. iraq war. Next take the american causalties and see how many of those deaths were due to friendly fire and other stupid shit.

In addition, do these statistics account for things like bus explosions, nightclub bombings and other stupid shit? If you lived in israel, hyou would know that bus explosions are THE go-to move for quick terrorist acts. But i guess the israeli-serving western media should've told you that already? But wait, innocent israeli women and children take the bus. Could your terrorists be murderers as well? :-o biased western media, where art thou?!

Quote:
This latest war was started by isreal in its long time goal to cleans the Arabs away from the military fort isreal is and to create a buffer zone for its men and women conscripted soldiers to live on base.
Isreal is not mean for a "Jewish" (ethnic or religious) state, in fact it has given world Jewry a bad name.
if there's one thing jews are good at, it's business and war is not good for business - it is a waste of money. Isarel has a booming economy in manufacturing and tech among other things, and putting people out of work to go fight is not good for business. Firing $10,000 missles is not good for business. Israel goes to war to defend, not to achieve some goal which your western media apparently denies. It is not israel vs. palestine, it is israel vs. whatever terrorist state is currently on board to go fight them.

don't get me wrong; i think both parties are retarded and wish they would stop this. Most people do. It is people like you who form conspiracy theories and take an extreme side who are the dimwits.

Last edited by drunkrussian; 11-21-2012 at 07:36 PM.
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: