REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Have your girl secretly audio record him reassuring repayment then when he doesnt pay, the courts should compensate something worth the trouble.
I believe in order to bring it to court as evidence, the person being recorded must know he/she is being recorded.
Advertisement
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juwlzx View Post
I believe in order to bring it to court as evidence, the person being recorded must know he/she is being recorded.
That's not true.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Thanks dinosaur, her landlords have been talking with her on almost a daily basis since she's lived there, she's been reporting everything that he breaks on the day he does it.
Her landlords live upstairs and they want her to stay living there...they just want him out.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #29
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
I still remember when at BCIT someone borrow money from my frd and never bother to pay, just aovided his calls and shit. Frd got a bunch of buddies go to the guy class took his laptop, books and everything and just walk out. Guy is smart enough to pay the next day to get his shit back. Have your gf do the same thing. Take his more valueable pession and let him know he isn't getting it back till he pays (computers, car keys, TV.......)
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I still remember when at BCIT someone borrow money from my frd and never bother to pay, just aovided his calls and shit. Frd got a bunch of buddies go to the guy class took his laptop, books and everything and just walk out. Guy is smart enough to pay the next day to get his shit back. Have your gf do the same thing. Take his more valueable pession and let him know he isn't getting it back till he pays (computers, car keys, TV.......)
heh, ive suggested that to her countless times...but honestly...this guy has nothing to his name except for his computer...no car, no nice clothes, nothing worth more then 100$ really.

taking him to small claims court is something she doesnt want to have to do cause yes, in the end, she'll get maybe 100$ out of it at tops, but at this point, she'd rather put him through hell then let him walk away scott free.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #31
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

take his dogs as hostage until he pays back
Old 11-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by noventa View Post
threaten him with the small claim court. But since you know he probably can't pay, try to settle with him by having him clean the entire apartment properly including that couch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiig View Post
take his dogs as hostage until he pays back
lol i would love to, but shes looking for things to do legally to get her money back.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #33
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
How about be treat him nicely and see how he responds

If you receive anger and turn to hate on a person you'll just make yourself mad for no reason
Posted via RS Mobile

The dude abides
Old 11-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #34
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,694 Times in 1,625 Posts
It sounds like this guy is on the verge of being homeless lol.

I know we're not saints but maybe just cut him a break? His situation is pretty fucked up as it is; I think it's established that your girlfriend isn't really getting anything worthwhile back.

I won't go as far as to suggest helping him, but maybe just wish him good luck or something. Your girlfriend will sleep much better at night this way too.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #35
Banned By Establishment

Am I the only one who feels bad for the guy?

Nobody in his life is noticing his shit falling apart? I wonder if he even has any parents
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

I know we're not saints but maybe just cut him a break? His situation is pretty fucked up as it is; I think it's established that your girlfriend isn't really getting anything worthwhile back.

I won't go as far as to suggest helping him, but maybe just wish him good luck or something. Your girlfriend will sleep much better at night this way too.
i honestly think he is on the verge of being homeless, he says hes got a friend who hes going to stay with for a bit....but once the friend see's how he lives first hand...they'll have him booted out in no time.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #37
I don't get it

I'd rather move back home then find a craigslist roomie. Truthfully, I don't think shes getting her money back and she should leave it at that. No point opening a new can of worms by going to small claims court. Just accept the mistake and move on.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #38
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,694 Times in 1,625 Posts
As stupid as this may sound, even if the guy is a total slob, if you think he's a decent guy at least point him in the right direction. Do some good in life
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #39

okay, well thanks for all the speedy responses!!

i've basically got all the info i need to pass on to her!

i'll just let her know its a complete lost cause and to just walk away from it...shes got 9 more days before hes out of her life forever.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #40
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

this may sound mean but,

if this guy is on the verge of being homeless, then he sounds like he deserves it.

he basically sits home all day unemployed (is he actually looking for a job or what?)
and lets his pets piss all over the place - this makes him sound like a irresponsible and lazy guy... so if he becomes homeless then i think he deserves it...

That being said, he can't expect every little shit to get handed to him.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiig View Post
this may sound mean but,

if this guy is on the verge of being homeless, then he sounds like he deserves it.

he basically sits home all day unemployed (is he actually looking for a job or what?)
and lets his pets piss all over the place - this makes him sound like a irresponsible and lazy guy... so if he becomes homeless then i think he deserves it...

That being said, he can't expect every little shit to get handed to him.
i fully agree with you, ive no sympathy for him whatsoever and neither does my gf. he deserves everything thats about to happen to him, its time for him to grow up and put his big boy pants on and step into the real world.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #42
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
heh, ive suggested that to her countless times...but honestly...this guy has nothing to his name except for his computer...no car, no nice clothes, nothing worth more then 100$ really.

taking him to small claims court is something she doesnt want to have to do cause yes, in the end, she'll get maybe 100$ out of it at tops, but at this point, she'd rather put him through hell then let him walk away scott free.
nomsayin?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #43
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

You would not be so sympathetic and so caring about this guy if you were in the OP's girlsfiends situation right now.

I have a strong feeling you would be raging mad.....I know I would.

people like this dirtbag roomate take advantage of people like this girl all the time,it would not surprise me if he did this to his previous roomates before her.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #44
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post

If you receive anger and turn to hate on a person
Posted via RS Mobile
anger leads to hate, and hate leads to Suffering!
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
Old 11-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
You would not be so sympathetic and so caring about this guy if you were in the OP's girlsfiends situation right now.

I have a strong feeling you would be raging mad.....I know I would.

people like this dirtbag roomate take advantage of people like this girl all the time,it would not surprise me if he did this to his previous roomates before her.
odds are its not his first time, hes in his 30's, shes in her early 20's...i dont even live there and i hate him.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #46
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolowtone View Post
Always been iffy about that shit, and this proved my gut right....
I thought this was someone she knew that moved in with her
I had a random Craigslist roomie, turned out great and we are best friends to this day. The roomie is a female as well.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #47
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
odds are its not his first time, hes in his 30's, shes in her early 20's...i dont even live there and i hate him.
He's in his 30's and he still acts like this? There's no fucking hope for this guy at all,he will remain single for the rest of his fucking life unless he finds someone that's just as filthy as he is.

Just wondering,why doesn't your girlfriend just move in with you?
Old 11-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
He's in his 30's and he still acts like this? There's no fucking hope for this guy at all,he will remain single for the rest of his fucking life unless he finds someone that's just as filthy as he is.

Just wondering,why doesn't your girlfriend just move in with you?
We've been dating for less than a year, I live with my parents (it's the Italian way ) and I'm saving up to buy a condo. Once I've got one I've no problem if she were to live with me, but for now with the lil medical problem I have, it's not a good time to be going out and buy one.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #49
Banned By Establishment

Quote:

Difference is, a woman in her 20s has plenty of men who would support her and not let her be in danger of being homeless

A 30s man's value to society plummets, FAST, and once a man is broke and in his 40s, his value is near 0

Come down to the poor DTES hood, most of the people people are older men, forgotten and useless to society
Old 11-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #50
Banned By Establishment

On the other hand, if you sit around and make a mess, and do nothing that has benefit to anyone, and you're a dick... well, you get what you deserve then!
Closed Thread