REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 11-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

Best business course?

Hey guys, I graduated from high school 4 years ago. I want to take a course in business at BCIT but having trouble figuring out which one to take. I don't know what I want to become but I do know I want to make lots of money! Do you guys have any input? I am very new to the college/university thing. Sorry for my bad English!
Advertisement
harrywang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #2
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrywang View Post
I don't know what I want to become but I do know I want to make lots of money!

/thread
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

You should try our friends Lyoness or Amway.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/67621...m-yay-nay.html

seriously though, you should probably think about what you want to do... what do you think "business" even is? one course isn't going to make you a "business" superstar. To make money in ANY business you need the hunger to succeed and a clear vision of what you want.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
I am Hook'd on RS

Sorry. I don't really want to "own" my own business. I guess I want to be an investor, or be a real estate agent? I also would like to work in an office. Of course I don't know much about business, this is why I want to take schol for it! I'm not a hands on guy.

Generally, what are some good classes at bcit for business? I really don't know how it works, so I'm just asking for some input and general advice
harrywang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

If you are looking to learn more about investing, I suggest you look into taking Canadian Securities Course or Investment Funds in Canada courses. Both teach you excellent basics of investing and if you ever decide to join a financial institution or investment firm, they are able to register you to trade mutual funds thru MFDA.

Keep your receipt as you can write off your expenses on your taxes and if you even join a firm you may be able to get a reimbursement.

www.csi.ca
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
Who's naughty? I___i

good start would probably be Business Management diploma?
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
Need to Seek Professional Help

In general, "business" has a few concepts that drive it: Accounting, Economics and Marketing. You should have a good base and understanding of the big picture after those courses and from there you could specialze based on what you like and thrive at.
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrywang View Post
Sorry. I don't really want to "own" my own business. I guess I want to be an investor, or be a real estate agent? I also would like to work in an office. Of course I don't know much about business, this is why I want to take schol for it! I'm not a hands on guy.

Generally, what are some good classes at bcit for business? I really don't know how it works, so I'm just asking for some input and general advice
I did the 2-year marketing management program at bcit 2 years ago... and fast forward to today I've got a job that I love and making more than what I had initially expected to
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatogunk View Post
I did the 2-year marketing management program at bcit 2 years ago... and fast forward to today I've got a job that I love and making more than what I had initially expected to
just curious, agency or client side? assuming you're still in marketing industry.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #10
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
just curious, agency or client side? assuming you're still in marketing industry.
neither, I'm in sales The program was divided into five options: communications, sales, entrepreneurship, real estate and tourism. Most of my colleagues from the communications option ended up with the company but some ended up in an agency
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote