REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Anyone know of a good civil lawyer?

mods please delete
Advertisement

Last edited by CL_S; 11-24-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Did they stop making payments on the mortgage or what? I find it really hard to believe that their house was sold out from under them when they would of had to been notified by the bank and such. If it's been sold by the supreme court already I'm sorry but there is nothing that can be done.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

^Doesn't sound like he is giving all the details...

Canadian Bar Association on Foreclosure

Quote:
What happens if you miss a mortgage payment or make a late payment?
What happens if you miss a mortgage payment or make a late payment?
You do not automatically lose your house. Lenders don’t want to foreclose if they don’t have to because it is expensive and takes a lot of time. A lender will probably not start to foreclose until two or three months after you stop paying. Normally, a lender will first send letters demanding payment. Then, if you don’t reply, the lender will usually start to foreclose and sue you at the same time.

The law tries to help you if you have a good chance of paying what you owe and if you try to get your finances in order. Only in the worst case may you lose your house and any “equity” you’ve built up in it. Equity is the amount that your house value exceeds your mortgage loan and any other debts that other lenders have registered against your house.
Quote:
If a lender starts to foreclose, what happens first?
If there’s a Supreme Court Registry where your house is located, the lender has to start legal proceedings there. You will receive a document called a “petition for foreclosure”, which is the lender’s notice to you that they are asking the court to help them get back the money they loaned you.

What should you do if you receive a petition for foreclosure?
Get legal advice right away. And if you want to protect yourself and take part in the court proceedings, you must file a Response to Petition (with supporting affidavits) within 21 days of getting a petition for foreclosure. You must file the Response at the court address shown on the petition. You also have to deliver 2 copies of your Response to the lender. Once you do this, no one can take any steps in the foreclosure without notifying you. If you don’t file a Response, the foreclosure will go ahead without you, and you won’t be able to protect yourself. After you file the Response, you will get a document called a “Notice of Hearing,” which tells you when the lender will ask the judge for the “order nisi” to start the foreclosure.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 11-24-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
from what bing posted it sounds like OP's parents are at this stage:

Quote:
If you don’t file a Response, the foreclosure will go ahead without you, and you won’t be able to protect yourself.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Old 11-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #5

Well the thing is the parents who were the homeowners didn't even know about the foreclosure until the new buyer came to the house otherwise they would have filed a response...
Anyhow long story short, if somebody can recommend a foreclosure lawyer that would be great...
Old 11-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Do your parents speak engrish?
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
^ get the fuck out of here with that shit
Old 11-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_S View Post
Well the thing is the parents who were the homeowners didn't even know about the foreclosure until the new buyer came to the house otherwise they would have filed a response...
Anyhow long story short, if somebody can recommend a foreclosure lawyer that would be great...

How sure are you that they are telling you the 100% truth. Maybe they're lying to you (or bending the truth) not because they're liars by nature but maybe perhaps they may have too much pride to admit to their kin that... they fucked up?

(Sorry that was blunt but I'm honestly not trying to be mean; If I were in their shoes, my embarrasment might also lead me to be dishonest about the reality of my situation)

But anyways, sounds pretty hard not to know you're being foreclosed. I mean, not only will you get your fair share of notices from the lenders, but you yourself will know that you haven't been paying your mortgage in months.

I mean, how does one slip up 3 months of mortgage? Like do they get surprised everytime they check their bank account that there's an accruing amount of money the size of 1, 2 or 3 mortgage payments?
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #9
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

http://www.cisc.gc.ca/products_servi..._fraud2_e.html
Old 11-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
If the Supreme Court of BC issued a court order to sell the home, not much can be done. However, you can look into the following:

You can try appealing the foreclosure decision to the Supreme Court of BC (the court that advanced the court order to foreclose). You have to make a case that it is your home and that foreclosure is putting you out on the street blah blah blah, that there was a big misunderstanding/communication failure and that you are willing to pay for the outstanding arrears and court fees of the mortgagor/lender.

You might want to look into appealing the Supreme Court of BC decision to the Supreme Court of Canada, but this is a long and daunting process, and needless to say - very expensive. Also, you are not guaranteed that the SCC will find merit in your claim even to hear the appeal (it is very hard to get a leave to appeal to the SCC).
Old 11-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #11

mods please lock this thread
This post FAILED by:
Closed Thread