REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
The Car Review, IG handler, Mod

Thanked 3,397 Times in 1,060 Posts
Postal trucks getting hi-jacked

source: B.C. postal workers robbed, delivery truck hijacked | CTV British Columbia News

Quote:
Two postal workers were robbed this week while delivering mail in Surrey, and Mounties believe holiday parcels may have been the intended targets.
One Canada Post employee’s delivery truck was carjacked on Cyber Monday, and a letter carrier was accosted on the street in Whalley the next day.
RCMP Cpl. Bert Paquet called the crimes “very unusual,” and suggested they may have been hatched as an attempt to take advantage of Christmas gift-giving.
PHOTOS

Canada Post vehicles sit outside a sorting depot in the Ville St-Laurent borough of Montreal, in this June 6, 2011 photo. (Graham Hughes /THE CANADIAN PRESS)
“We’re ramping up to a holiday season. [That means] more parcels, packages and letters that might have some money or valuables in it,” Paquet said.
“We believe that maybe the motive is to obtain mailbox keys to gain access.”
The first postal worker attacked was Dan Kindred, who was yanked from his parked truck while trying to make a delivery.
He fought back, but wound up with a broken wrist, as well as aches in his head and hip.
“I grabbed onto the truck, he started driving away,” said Paquet, who ran alongside the vehicle until it turned a street corner.
“We went about halfway down 55 Avenue and then he pulled out a can of mace from under his jacket… that’s when I let go.”
Mounties say the truck was recovered shortly after and they are working with Canada Post to determine whether any parcels are missing.
The next robbery occurred on the street when two crooks in a car pulled up to a female carrier, threatened her with pepper spray and demanded she hand over her keys.
She complied, and managed to get away uninjured.
The postal workers’ union said the robbers' motivation may also have had to do with Cyber Monday, when millions of Canadians are estimated to have made online purchases – many of which travel through Canada Post.
Union representatives urged anyone who sees something suspicious in their neighbourhoods, such as a mail carrier or truck being followed, to call police immediately.

Read more: B.C. postal workers robbed, delivery truck hijacked | CTV British Columbia News
-postal trucked getting hi-jacked in surrey

fast and furious style? this is pretty sad
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 1,855 Times in 742 Posts
"The postal workers’ union said the robbers' motivation may also have had to do with Cyber Monday, when millions of Canadians are estimated to have made online purchases – many of which travel through Canada Post."

> Last time I checked shipping took 7+ days. I would hit the trucks next week.

Summer 2013: Postal Rates increasing by .01
> CP installing GPS locators on each truck.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 4,832 Times in 917 Posts
who else thought of surrey after reading the title and before clicking this thread?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,582 Times in 780 Posts
Surrey
Old 11-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
In RS I Trust

Thanked 16,163 Times in 3,748 Posts
I would of thought they would get a better score in Richmond
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Hijack a truck that delivers mail to your house
Old 11-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,985 Times in 1,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
"The postal workers’ union said the robbers' motivation may also have had to do with Cyber Monday, when millions of Canadians are estimated to have made online purchases – many of which travel through Canada Post."

that's what I thought too...it would make most sense to execute the plan two weeks before christmas
Old 11-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #8
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 1,734 Times in 909 Posts
Well that's not good...

I hope my Mail-in-Rebate is safe.

Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 11-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #9
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
that's what I thought too...it would make most sense to execute the plan two weeks before christmas
Remember you are talking about people from Surrey. Where you give them a 60km/h speed limit and they do 40km/h.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #10
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,488 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
A lot of electronics and/or computer places take less than 7 days from time of order to showing up at your door.