REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Wool socks (https://www.revscene.net/forums/677321-wool-socks.html)

iwantaskyline 11-30-2012 07:40 AM

Wool socks

Where can I get nice thick wool socks? Just bought a pair of boots that just cut into my heels... Need some thick socks lol

G-spec 11-30-2012 08:14 AM

I have a circulation problem with my feet, they are always ice cold... so I bought some wool socks and other similar thick thermal wear socks at Wal Mart, they got quite a bit of choices there you should be able to find what you're lookin for. About $12 for two pairs I think.

Kilinim 11-30-2012 08:40 AM

Mark's Work Wearhouse

StylinRed 11-30-2012 09:35 AM

I fell in love with Cabot & Sons wool socks after i bought a pair on a whim; tried to find them ever since but couldn't, went online still couldn't
recently i found them again, online, and bought a whole bunch
really cushiony and thick (not as thick as my original pair though) but not stifling

they're made in Vermont and it looks like they've dropped the name Cabot & Sons and taken up the branding "Darn Tough"

Darn Tough Vermont: Running Socks, Biking Socks, Hiking Socks, Trekking Socks, Ski Socks, Snowboard Socks, Hunting Socks, Fishing Socks, Birding Socks

they also make socks for shops like LLBean

I bought mine from here Runawaysstore - Holiday Cyber Monday Running Clothes Sale (website looks iffy i know, but order went through perfectly)

The closest place that you can find their socks locally is over in Squamish @ Corsa Cycles and i think its only the Darn Tough line

I Highly recommend them!

here's their list of BC shops that carry their DarnTough socks (lifetime warranty btw)

Spoiler!

PJ 11-30-2012 10:37 AM

I have no idea what mine are, but they're black with a yellow stripe on them. Got them from Marks.

This stuff is legit. Doesn't make your feet all sweaty like most other wool socks. I wear these under my Vans, and that's usually enough on the coldest Vancouver days.

jing 11-30-2012 02:51 PM

Recently bought gf a pair of Icebreaker's at their sample sale last week and she loves them. 100% merino wool too.
Posted via RS Mobile

Matlock 11-30-2012 03:52 PM

8 years ago I bought a couple pairs of Red Head socks in Toronto and I still use them in the winter to this day. They have a lifetime guarantee. I don't know where to get them in Vancouver, though.

RedHeadŽ Lifetime Guarantee All-Purpose Socks for Men - 1 Pair | Bass Pro Shops

So thick and comfy.

Hondaracer 11-30-2012 04:07 PM

half ass wool socks only do so much i find, i work on my feet everyday in work boots, rubber boots, etc.

some of the best combinations ive found are the "light duty" helly hansen moisture socks, in combination with either a light weight wool, or a "diabetic" cotton sock, i'm not sure if they are actually called diabetic socks, but they are the ones with almost see through mesh type stiching in them, the Helly's wisk away moisture from your feet with the outer sock catching it, works well i've found in most situations

skiiipi 11-30-2012 04:11 PM

Ice Breaker merino wool socks are the best imo
You can get them at most outdoor stores like Atmosphere, the Icebreaker store on 4th, or that Australian Boot store on 4th.
Posted via RS Mobile

wyuzz 11-30-2012 06:09 PM

You should check out marks, they have a decent selection of socks for you to choose with a light price tag.

beatdownvictim 11-30-2012 08:23 PM

costco merino wool trail socks, keeps me warm in the winter time hmmm

Brianrietta 12-01-2012 12:49 AM

+1. I have DTV socks that are probably close to 8 years old and look like they just came out of the packaging. I've owned the Costco cheapies, Merrell, Wigwam, Bridgedale, Icebreaker, Smartwool, and none of them have stood up like the Darn Tough socks. My personal preference for wool socks would go Darn Tough, Wigwam and then probably Icebreaker.

bloodline129 12-01-2012 01:36 AM

Anyone knows who sells battery powered heated socks?
Posted via RS Mobile