REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Banned By Establishment

COP TOOK PASSPORT

Hey guys so i was issued a ticket, and i didnt have any form of id on me other than my passport so i provided him with it. Long story short i was issued the ticket for failing to produce license and no front plate, however i realized after i got home that he didnt give back my passport.

I called the officer and he returned my call informing me that he remembers taking my passport however he seems to have misplaced it and cant find it. He told me he is not going to be on duty now until next Sunday (dec 9!) and will get back to me than. What are my options here? Wait till next sunday until he tells me if he found it or not? If he doesnt find it will he be obligated to pay for my new passport?
Advertisement
z-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Ha. Hahahahaha. Hahahaha. HA.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,813 Times in 8,188 Posts
You drive around without a license that fits inside your wallet, but you were carrying your big passport booklet around?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
I would suggest a call to his watch commander and a request for an urgent return. I misplaced a DL and could not find it when I went to return it so I spent an hour after shift tearing the inside of the PC apart. Found the DL that had slipped down a crack in the siren control box. I returned it ASAP along with an apology. Had I not found it I would have paid to replace it out of my own pocket. I lost it, not my employer...and it taught me to always leave the DL in a place in plain view where I could see it during the entire encounter.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
I would suggest a call to his watch commander and a request for an urgent return. I misplaced a DL and could not find it when I went to return it so I spent an hour after shift tearing the inside of the PC apart. Found the DL that had slipped down a crack in the siren control box. I returned it ASAP along with an apology. Had I not found it I would have paid to replace it out of my own pocket. I lost it, not my employer...and it taught me to always leave the DL in a place in plain view where I could see it during the entire encounter.

Thanks for the quick reply. However, how would i get in touch or find out who his watch commander is? Would i just call the police detachment he works for and ask to speak with his commander?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #6
RS Peace Officer

Your VT should have a badge number on it and the Police dept. Look up the non-emergency number, quote the ID number, explain what happened and ask to speak to his supervisor. A passport is a lot more valuable than a DL. If it is kicking around inside a car for 9 days who knows what may happen to it?
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

So i called the local detachment and they told me that his supervising officer was not in the office at the moment, but they will continue to look for it and give me a call back. Hopefully they call back within the next couple of hours or i will give them another call back.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
RS Peace Officer

My concern is that his car is also used by others around the clock during the period until he comes back from work. Somebody needs to look in that car ASAP and he needs to come in and take care of this. Members are supposed to check the car before starting their shift in car to see if anything has bene left there...lets hope that happened.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #10
Banned By Establishment

So i called in to speak with the supervisor on Dec.2(1 week ago), however he was also not on duty. The phone was than given to a random police officer who practically gave me a bunch of attitude and told me there is nothing that they can do about it. I informed him that i currently didn't have any peice of valid id and his response was "a passport isnt a valid id anyways!" I told him that i think a passport is the most valid peice of id anyone can have! Long story short I told him i would still like to speak with the police officer in questions supervisor and was given his number and left him a msg.

I got a call from the supervisor on dec.6 and he also asked me why i was in a the rush of getting my passport back. I told him i would be leaving the country to the states in a couple days and his response was "going to the states to do some shopping is not an emergency" at this point i was pissed bc what is it to them what i need my passport for. Its my property and an emergency could arise any time of the day, where i need to fly somewhere. Again i was told they would not pay or take responsibilty for my passport.

Finally, the police officer in question was back on duty today Dec.9 and "I" gave him a call(he told me he would call me). He finally somewhat owned up to his mistake by saying "I honestly cant remember if i gave you back your passport." He told me he would speak to his supervisor again and give me a call no later than next monday(dec.17!!!), to tell me if they are going to pay for my passport. I told him that this is getting rediculous and that I am just going to replace my passport, and they can reimburse me if they find that they were at fault.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Owned LOL even if they find out tat they were at fault, they wont call u back or be honest with you that they found it
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

have you check around your car maybe u drop it in between the seat, and yeah call the supervisor, but i highly doubt he/she will help you. besides its your fault for not obeying the law.

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

thats a shitty deal right there! try driving with your license next time instead of your passport!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #14
Banned By Establishment

So, why the hell didnt you have your license with you?
Old 12-10-2012, 12:21 AM   #15
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
So, why the hell didnt you have your license with you?
I lost the card, and misplaced the yellow slip. I received my DL in the mail last week.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:26 AM   #16
Banned By Establishment

These are the kinda of things that give police officers a bad rep. They expect us to be accountable for our actions, but set aside a different set of rules for themselves.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #17

or u could not be a dumbass and not misplace your shit! Would help a whole lot!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
thats a shitty deal right there! try driving with your license next time instead of your passport!
Im glad i had my passport to prove my identity. The cop didnt even believe it was me. Followed by the same stupid questions i get asked everytime. "Who's vehicle is this." Funny how i only get asked that question when i drive my m5 and not my civic.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #19
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Man ur a retard, i dont have a problem paying the ticket thats what i get for not having my DL. This is regarding my passport u GOOF. its my fault that the cop lost my passport? Ur just a dumbass.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #20
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Old 12-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:

Wait, how is he a dumbass?

People make mistakes and lose stuff.

He did the best he can do and I am sure he accepted the consequences by paying the ticket of not having a license.

I don't think he deserves to be shit on and saying its his fault for misplacing in the first place.

Misplacing something is pretty common, like in this case the officer misplaced his passport.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #22
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Sounds like the supervisor is an asshole. Sure they made a mistake, but it's not even that big of a mistake IMO. They should've just looked for it and if they can't find it, pay. It costs like 130 for express service.
Posted via RS Mobile
sekin67835 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #23

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Take this to CTV News, give them all your info, your story, and the officers (both officer and supervisors) name and badge ID's.. See how they like it when it's not "their problem."

Bunch of smug cops.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #24
Banned By Establishment

I've had my license for 13 years, lost my wallet once and it was returned to me the next day. My license never leaves my wallet. If you can think to bring your passport, your license shouldn't require a thought. Yes, your a dumbass.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #25
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
I've had my license for 13 years, lost my wallet once and it was returned to me the next day. My license never leaves my wallet. If you can think to bring your passport, your license shouldn't require a thought. Yes, your a dumbass.
Posted via RS Mobile

youve had your license for 13 yrs, and never misplaced your DL? cool story bro, dont tell it again......
This post thanked by: