REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 AM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,419 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
I dunno...while that's really nice of you to do, if I was one of their parents, I'd feel really disrespected.....not everybody wants "help"...I know I'd never accept someone else buying me a meal because they pitied me and/or my living situation....

Buying a meal for someone with a sign up on the street asking for help - that's great...

Buying a meal for someone (who is not asking for it) because you pity them.....errr, no thanks.

Just my opinion.
Sounds to me like he did out of nostalgia's sake as he said it happened to him when he was younger. Doesn't seem like he did it out of pity or meant any disrespect towards the parents.
Advertisement
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #27
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Today, I went to the animal shelter and took one of the dogs that's up for adoption for a walk.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #28
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
in abbotsford MB?
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #29
Wanna have a threesome?

Not today, BM.

All of the animal rescue societies accept volunteers in my experience if you'd like to volunteer though, including the municipal shelter on 264th.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #30
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Older guy in front of me at Starbucks ordered a coffee. I told the cashier to make that two, and I paid for it with my iPhone. (Yes, I have a damn Starbucks app.)

He thanked me, and asked me why I did that. I said just trying to meet my "good deed" quota for the day.

He thanked me again, went outside and hopped into an M5.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #31
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Older woman in her 50s approached me at a gas station. She was over 1 hour late to her friends' Xmas party because she was lost at night trying to drive around in the rain. She didn't know how to use a GPS or have one, and didn't have a smart phone, and her printed out mapquest driving instructions led her astray. I ended up driving her to the house by having her follow my car.

We were at annacis island and her party was in Richmond. (That's how lost she was) She thanked me and I told her to pass it on.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

i bought a homeless guy a big mac meal at the one on main and terminal and also offered him a cigarette, he thanked me and shared his meal with another friend waiting outside lol

tilt your head back and using your hand pretend to shake a salt shaker in your mouth... you will notice that it will actually taste like salt in your mouth..
elwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #33
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Donate $5 to Wikipedia does that count? I usually don't do this type of thing over the Internet but Wikipedia is good awesome and it doesn't have ads or any gov aid. I feel for them hosting such a large server with no help.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i try to do this everyday 365 days a year, as i was raised a buddhist so i was always taught to help other as there was a time where my family had a tough times (hard to believe as im chinese)

i work in china now & i see a lot of things that u ppl don't see in canada, well a lot of ppl have said to me that some are scammers but i don't mind (as it might be there only way of surviving)

i do give out my loose change to beggars on the streets almost everyday as i see them alot in busy areas

last time i went to back hong kong i helped a old lady move her card board boxes as she was old, also gave her a bit $20HKD as it was all that i had (i needed the $100 bill for transportation fee back to china)

also last week i saw crowd of ppl in a busy area, so i went to check it out & turns out it was a family that was too poor to bury their mother that past away (well i think thats what its said as i cant read chinese)

so i walked up & gave them a bit of money (not a lot), & ppl thought i was nuts as it was a scam (i kind of knew but didn't really cross my mine too much during that moment)

i don't make a lot in china, but as long as im living comfortable & i have a little bit of extra cash why not use it to help others that are in need

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #35
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
so i walked up & gave them a bit of money (not a lot), & ppl thought i was nuts as it was a scam (i kind of knew but didn't really cross my mine too much during that moment)
It really is a moral dilemma when you want to do something nice, but the recepient is just taking you for a ride, and you know it.

Do you still do it since it's nice on your end, or do you skip the obvious scams and try and help those truly in need?

inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #36
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
well actually i kind of believe that if there is no other option & scam me then im ok, as it the only way for you to survive right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #37
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
stupid small one tonight but it was something.

Took the skytrain a couple of stops got out and as I was walking to my ride I saw a older again women going through her purse to grab her ticket. I just handed her mind and the look on her face she was really surprised I did that.

It wasn't much but it put a smile on her face which made it worth while.
I do this all the time if I'm not going to use my ticket anymore which is most of the time. Yes I don't give a shit that it's "illegal" according to translink, like Murdoc said "fuck them"
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #38
Wanna have a threesome?

Today in a parking lot, I was walking back to my car, and there was an older gentlemen struggling to load water cooler bottles into his truck. I stopped and loaded the bottles, then returned the shopping cart for him. The gentlemen was very grateful and surprised someone stopped to help him, that good feeling is so worthwhile.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #39
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
also last week i saw crowd of ppl in a busy area, so i went to check it out & turns out it was a family that was too poor to bury their mother that past away (well i think thats what its said as i cant read chinese)

i don't make a lot in china, but as long as im living comfortable & i have a little bit of extra cash why not use it to help others that are in need
I think it does more harm to give money out like that then it does help. Especially if you know they're scammers. Yeah sure a scammers income could very well be their only source of money but, scamming people isn't exactly a legitimate source of income.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you give him a fishing rod, you feed him for a lifetime"

Honestly, if you want to do a good deed go out and volunteer your TIME cause at the end of the day its more valuable then any object or number, we all have a clock counting down do we not? lol
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Older guy in front of me at Starbucks ordered a coffee. I told the cashier to make that two, and I paid for it with my iPhone. (Yes, I have a damn Starbucks app.)

He thanked me, and asked me why I did that. I said just trying to meet my "good deed" quota for the day.

He thanked me again, went outside and hopped into an M5.
rofl
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #41
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Specter View Post
I tipped the pizza delivery boy.
why am I getting failed for this?
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #42
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
i was already going to do this and keep track and report back in the random act of kindness thread stole my idea
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #43
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

A few friends and I handed out a bunch of used clothing to the less fortunate on the downtown Eastside
Posted via RS Mobile
bartone is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #44
I am Hook'd on RS

was walking back to my office after lunch, saw our AA scurrying to get to the bank so i waved and she said she didn't know it was raining out so didn't bring her umbrella. i handed her my umbrella and continued walking. she later returned my umbrella and said thanks
lady_mapetite is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #45

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
I don't think I'd classify this as a random act of kindness, but today I was walking through school (Harbour Centre) to hand in a paper, and I cut through the mall area before getting to the library.

I heard some loud wimpering coming from somewhere but didn't know where. Was going on for about 10 seconds until I walked by the railing overlooking the lower floor. An older woman had her dress or shoe or something caught in the escalator and was panicking and struggling to get free. 2 guys were right with her trying to break her free but couldn't so I bolted back a few meters to the top of the escaltor and hit the emergency button and it stopped right away and they were able to get her free. It was funny though because they didn't look up or anything so they must have thought it just finally jammed and stopped. Felt pretty good to help out without it going noticed
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #46
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Went to Save-On's @ Highgate Burnaby yesterday.. on the way back to the car I saw an older man with his son (50ish and 15ish) with their older car with the hood popped.

Guy was already on the phone but I asked if he wanted a jump, he gladly said "Yes" so I pulled the car around and gave him a jump. He was really grateful and I told him it was nothing as my EF used to have some battery problems aswell (installed a sub wrong and had to get a jump afew times from family/strangers).

But while packing up the cables I thought that if this happened again he'd be stranded again. So I walked back up to him and handed him the cables. He was really grateful and offered cash, I declined and just told him to do something nice to someone else.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #47
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Went to Save-On's @ Highgate Burnaby yesterday.. on the way back to the car I saw an older man with his son (50ish and 15ish) with their older car with the hood popped.

Guy was already on the phone but I asked if he wanted a jump, he gladly said "Yes" so I pulled the car around and gave him a jump. He was really grateful and I told him it was nothing as my EF used to have some battery problems aswell (installed a sub wrong and had to get a jump afew times from family/strangers).

But while packing up the cables I thought that if this happened again he'd be stranded again. So I walked back up to him and handed him the cables. He was really grateful and offered cash, I declined and just told him to do
something nice to someone else.
This is super nice! I know the feeling of having your car batteries die when your out.. no one would help/had jump cables so at the end I had to pay a taxi =(

I do the little things.. opening the door for people, yielding in crowded areas.. etc
Posted via RS Mobile
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #48
Wanna have a threesome?

I've been very busy with school this week, so it's been difficult to perform an act of kindness a day. I've been trying though!

Tuesday - A guest speaker came to my class, I stayed until everyone else had left and took a moment to personally thank him for coming. The speaker was an older guy, and I could tell he was pleasantly surprised when he eagerly extended his hand to shake mine.

Wednesday - Gave a person a pen.... she was scratching the paper trying to get the ink flowing, but without much success. I offered her my spare, and she graciously accepted.

Thursday - My friend was a bit down, so I took her out for coffee.

Friday - Nothing yet! will need to find something.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #49

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Was working today when someone working in the same building (not same company) came and asked me if xxx license plate was mine.

I told him yes, and he confessed he had bumped into me a few nights ago in the dark, and had been trying to find the owner every since. There are no CCTV's, so his acts were genuine.

We went out together, i had some spray detailer in my car, went at it. Very minor scuffs, no chips or paint coming off. It's a terrible feeling knowing a small mistake can cause you lots of $$$, and I didn't want to ruin his year-end, so I told him not to worry about it and to try and to pass it on.

I'll live with a few scuffs, and the world can have a bit more positive energy
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #50
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
I drove to SFU today as I had to write 2 different finals. I arrived super early (around 5AM) to get some last minute cramming done. I bought a parking ticket for the whole day and went about my way. Parking is relatively expensive at $3.75/hr while a day pass is like $13 (from 12AM to 11:59PM). Anyways, I finished writing my exam around 2:30PM and got ready to leave.

As soon as I came up to my car, I see a white G35 signalling waiting to get my spot. I open my door, grab my ticket and proceed to his driver side window. I told him that I had an all day parking pass and if wanted it. He took it, said "Sweet, thanks!".

Always awesome to get free parking. I remember this one time I had to run into a store to buy something and on top of the machine there was a ticket valid for another 20 mins. Was perfect for me and every since, I always leave tickets/receipts for parking back at the stall or pass it to people who are about to pay.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: