REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #51
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,694 Times in 1,625 Posts
I do this whenever possible, but now some places require license plate registration when buying a ticket...

scumbags lol
Advertisement
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #52
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
As I was parking my car on the streets, the car right behind me was about to leave. The guy came up to my window and told me he had 30min left on his spot.

When I was at the doctors parking in the parking lot, a guy came out and handed me his parking stub just before he left.

Nice fellas.
Posted via RS Mobile
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #53
Rs has made me the man i am today!

So Microsoft stores in Van decided to clear out the Asus tf600t at $399. I got one on hold today at Oakridge but managed to pricematch at FS. Saw someone on rfd really wanted one so gave them my holding info to pick it up at Oakridge as it was bascially all sold out.

Guess it was fate as it turns out he has the exact same name as me. He was soooo happy to get the last one lol...
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #54
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,694 Times in 1,625 Posts
It's clear now. You two were meant for each other!

inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #55
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
i poured a cup of cold water over a homeless sleeping man last night, god bless his soul
Old 12-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #56
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cctw View Post
So Microsoft stores in Van decided to clear out the Asus tf600t at $399. I got one on hold today at Oakridge but managed to pricematch at FS. Saw someone on rfd really wanted one so gave them my holding info to pick it up at Oakridge as it was bascially all sold out.

Guess it was fate as it turns out he has the exact same name as me. He was soooo happy to get the last one lol...
Whoa, that's a trip.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #57
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
This time of year, I load up the pockets with change, so that when I come across a Salvation Army volunteer, I have coins for the donation bowls. I am not into organized religion of any kind, but these folks do a fantastic job helping people in need both locally and abroad. I just got back from shopping and gave five times. It must be tough for those volunteers to be standing out in the cold ringing them bells.

I'm a fruagal bastard, no doubt about it, but the money I save goes to those who are less fortunate. One way to look at it, I guess.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #58
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Was just about to go in the right door at the Starbucks this morning, when I saw a guy inside collect up three cups and a couple bags of pastries and head for the left door while balancing it all... he thanked me at least three times as I held the door for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #59
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Sharing a table at lunch today, my wife gave the guy next to us a napkin (she put it beside his bowl). He pretended not to notice and used it anyway
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #60
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Fuck i dunt believe this. My mom just went grocery shopping at Crystal mall and this kid walks up to her and asks for 20$ cause his fucking car ran out of gas...Bull fucking shit. Kid is around 5'7, short black hair. Half white half asian appearantly. And scrawny. Just make sure you guys are doing good deeds to the right people. Makes my fucking blood boil when bad ppl take advantage of nice people's services. If i was there at the scene to witness this punk as mother fucker I'm pretty sure I'd be in jail right now. Once im done with these motherfucking finals I swear I'll be sure to patrol crystal for this kid. I've had enough with good ppl (like many of you RSers on this thread) losing in this fucking world we live in.
/rant
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #61
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juwlzx View Post
Fuck i dunt believe this. My mom just went grocery shopping at Crystal mall and this kid walks up to her and asks for 20$ cause his fucking car ran out of gas...Bull fucking shit. Kid is around 5'7, short black hair. Half white half asian appearantly. And scrawny. Just make sure you guys are doing good deeds to the right people. Makes my fucking blood boil when bad ppl take advantage of nice people's services. If i was there at the scene to witness this punk as mother fucker I'm pretty sure I'd be in jail right now. Once im done with these motherfucking finals I swear I'll be sure to patrol crystal for this kid. I've had enough with good ppl (like many of you RSers on this thread) losing in this fucking world we live in.
/rant
Dude, why all the rage?

Scammers suck. Being scammed sucks even more. Whenever there is an opportunity for people to take advantage of others, it will happen. It sucks that it was your mom was that was taken advantage of however what if that person really needed gas money?

IMHO, losing on $20 vs. getting a criminal record isn't really worth it.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #62
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
Maybe when he said "patrol crystal for this kid" he meant he will follow the kid and make sure he scams no one. That's his act of kindness lol
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #63
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juwlzx View Post
/rant
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #64
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Bought a homeless dude a bagel from Timmy's.

He asked "can you get me a coffee too?"

I said "maybe tomorrow." and went on my way.

I've been pondering the thought of that all day. About whether or not I should've just gotten him the coffee.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #65
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Finished my exam yesterday and was walking back to my car. I saw another dude going up to the ticket machine and I was probably like 300m away so I yelled really loud and he turned around. I got closer and asked if he wanted my ticket and he said yes.

He thanked me and told me he really appreciated it and I told him good luck on his exam

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #66
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post

I've been pondering the thought of that all day. About whether or not I should've just gotten him the coffee.
Classic case of offering someone a hand, and they go for the arm.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #67
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I don't post much on here but I gotta say this. (I don't live in the LM). But today while driving home from the gf's I see a man on his electric chair ( most likely paralyzed waist down).
So when I get to the stop line, I wave him across. Next thing I know he is stuck in a 6 inch snow covered pot hole. My reaction is to jump out and help this dude. I helped him get out of the snow/pot hole and he is on with his day! Jump back in my wagon (winter whip) and begin my turn.
Some prick decides to cut me off on my way!
After he just saw me help someone?
Some people make me shake my head
Posted via RS Mobile
MikeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #68
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:

You give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk.

I've had nothing but homeless asshole experiences.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #69
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
The thread is beginning to run off the rails.

I intended reading this thread to be an uplifting and positive experience, and for that to encourage and inspire people to perform the simple gestures that can dramatically improve moments of others lives. It's become the opposite: a discussion of why kindness should be selective, guarded, and limited. The overwhelming majority of the time kindness is met with nothing but genuine gratitude; I do not believe singling out instances where it is not is necessary. For the record, I do not fault the homeless man for asking for a cup of coffee. If I were cold, hungry, and relied primarily on the graciousness of strangers for survival, I believe I would do the same.

I'd like this thread to return to its purpose now.

In keeping with my challenge to RS, I've continued trying to perform an act of kindness each day.
Saturday - my friend needed to work a double shift, so I brought her lunch.
Sunday - I helped my friend re-write her resume, because that's a field I have more experience in than most people.
Monday - I took a moment to walk around to my various Prof's offices to thank them for the awesome job they've done this semester.
Today - I suffered an extremely tragic loss last night, so nothing really today.... and probably not for the next few.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #70
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
For the record, I do not fault the homeless man for asking for a cup of coffee. If I were cold, hungry, and relied primarily on the graciousness of strangers for survival, I believe I would do the same.
That's the conclusion I drew as well. If someone's offered you something, it doesn't hurt to ask for a bit more, since you know that they're the ones more likely to say yes. Worst that can happen is they say no.

Back on topic

A guy in 3 or 4 people in front of me buying dog food at Superstore was short 20 cents. I naturally went ahead and gave it to him.

Back off topic

Not trying to patronize, but I find it literally amusing how some people get so hostile over something like twenty cents. The dude was short a couple dimes, and everyone just acted like they didn't hear/see. But hey, maybe they really didn't hear, or they really didn't have twenty cents to spare.

(Sorry MB, I couldn't help it.) Truly sorry for your loss though. I had quite the scare regarding one of my family members a few months ago. I can't imagine the stress you're under.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #71
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Today - I suffered an extremely tragic loss last night, so nothing really today.... and probably not for the next few.

I'm sorry to hear that. I think Revscene will be willing to pick up the slack for the next few days on behalf of you.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #72
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:

If he asked for something like hot water I wouldn't mind. At least it shows he isn't going for your money.
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #73
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 264 Posts
I stopped to help a lady with her hazards on stuck in the left lane on Terminal/Main.

I'm assuming her battery died or something, and I couldn't get her hood opened, so I helped her push the car to the side, to get out of traffic. I left after this cause her husband was coming in 10 minutes and she already called BCAA.

The lady in the middle picture was bitching about blocking the road and told us to move the car ASAP

And sorry for the shit pics off my dash cam, it doesnt record very well at night =/

Last edited by Paradise240; 12-12-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Paradise240 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #74
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Today - I took the suggestion of an ICBC radio ad, and instead of taking the spot I was waiting to pull into, waved to someone else to take it. In return, I was given a smile and a friendly wave from the other driver, and found another space shortly after.

Yesterday - As noted, I was very inner focused and did not perform any acts of kindness. My family was the recipient of a profound act of kindness that I'd like to share though. I lost two family members in a double fatal car accident; the driver had a heart attack, and veered into the oncoming traffic striking an oncoming vehicle. The driver past away Monday, and the passenger yesterday evening. Yesterday, the husband of the driver of the other vehicle overhead my family discussing the incident at the hospital and approached us. The husband informed us of his wife's condition, non-life-threatening injuries, and spoke with us for some time. The husband could have easily not approached us, I don't think many people would have. Knowing the other driver would be alright has offered us tremendous comfort though, and the unexpected moment of support meant a great deal. My memories of this week will forever be aided by the knowledge that the loss did not extend even further.... Sorry, this is a bit heavier than the average post... I find it very fitting with the thread though; a simple and unexpected gesture, making a very significant impact.

Last edited by MindBomber; 12-12-2012 at 11:34 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #75
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

MindBomber,

I offer my deepest and most heartfelt condolences to you, your family, and all those affected by the tragedy.

I have to say this, though: in accepting and welcoming the husband's gesture, you most certainly did perform an act of kindness. That, too, deserves to be tallied.
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: