REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   immunization shots (https://www.revscene.net/forums/677385-immunization-shots.html)

mr_chin 12-01-2012 07:31 PM

immunization shots

when was the last time you had yours?

and how much did it cost per shot?

Nocardia 02-24-2013 08:07 PM

I realize this is old but people could always use the info.

Standard health vaccines are recommended through health canada, many people find vaccines controversial usually because they know someone who had an adverse reaction or heard it 2nd,3rd,4th or 5th hand. Vaccines are drugs and all drugs have adverse effects.

So it is up to you to make an informed decision if the risks outweigh the benefits. Please remember that because you saw 1 person online or a newspaper story on it, it does not mean that it is common as 100's of millions (potentially billions) of people take certain vaccines and their reactions may not be even related.

Anyways here is the info:
Immunization Schedules - Public Health Agency of Canada

Table 5 is likely what you want to know about boosters
Table 6 is what you may want to know if you are at a higher risk (most RS population wouldn't be)

Costs depend on where you go to get it:
Clinics = variable
Doctor = expensive
Pharmacy = less expensive

Travel vaccinations I usually go to International Travel Health and Vaccination Clinic, they give you a good idea of what you need WRT vaccinations, drugs and non-drug measures when travelling. As a tip, make sure you have tons of questions before you go so that you get what you pay for.

Costs of Vaccines are here

Ask away if you have more questions.

Recon604 02-24-2013 08:17 PM

i havent had one for years. last time I remember was 5-6 years ago when I was still in highschool gr 11

Soundy 02-24-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocardia (Post 8169060)
Costs depend on where you go to get it:
Clinics = variable
Doctor = expensive
Pharmacy = less expensive

Some will give you vaccines for free if they're required for volunteer work. For example, we volunteer with St. John Ambulance's Therapy Dogs program, and are required to have the flu shots because we work with the elderly - we got our flu shots free from the local Shopper's Drug Mart.

Inaii 02-24-2013 09:46 PM

Also if you have a little one at home or are in constant contact with small children or infants , pharmacies will give you a flu shot for free. And thanks for making this thread, reminded me I need to go get mine lol.

Ri2 03-02-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 8169163)
Also if you have a little one at home or are in constant contact with small children or infants , pharmacies will give you a flu shot for free. And thanks for making this thread, reminded me I need to go get mine lol.

do you find that the flu shot works for you?

whenever i get one, i just get really sick so i don't know if it's actually helpful in the long run :okay:

Inaii 03-02-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ri2 (Post 8174203)
do you find that the flu shot works for you?

whenever i get one, i just get really sick so i don't know if it's actually helpful in the long run :okay:

I haven't gotten mine yet. Every time I go they've run out lol