REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
RS controls my life!

headlight won't turn on

hello, my right side projector headlights will not turn on anymore..does anyone know if the rightside ballast is dead? i am afraid the left side will go out too and i will not be able to drive home during the nights.
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Do the basic test. Swap the bulbs from the right side with the left side and see what happens.
Not sure, but it could also be a blow fuse if each headlight has its own dedicated fuse in the panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #3
RS controls my life!

hmm, i remember a few years back, the same side would be off. It will turn on if i turn the headlights completely off and back on again but this time continuously trying, it does not even flicker at all. I have an accord 05. Not quite sure about the fuses though.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #4
I STILL don't get it

What's happening this time might not be the same as before, which is why you should just do the test mentioned above: swap the bulbs and see what happens. If the right side projector works again then the other bulb is worn, otherwise if it's still off then it's the right side ballast. I'm assuming this is a retrofit?
LuHua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #5
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuHua View Post
What's happening this time might not be the same as before, which is why you should just do the test mentioned above: swap the bulbs and see what happens. If the right side projector works again then the other bulb is worn, otherwise if it's still off then it's the right side ballast. I'm assuming this is a retrofit?
yes retrofit, the bulbs are only 3 months old or so. This same issue happened before when I was using a different setup but with the same ballast. I will test out the bulbs when its dry out.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
from experience, much more likely to be the bulbs burned out than the ballast. so test carefully before you buy replacement, cause bulbs are cheaper to replace
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraTTturbo2jz View Post
yes retrofit, the bulbs are only 3 months old or so. This same issue happened before when I was using a different setup but with the same ballast. I will test out the bulbs when its dry out.
Its possible that one of your bulb is a lemon. I've had DOA bulbs too when I order kits online. There should be some sort of warranty if its only 3 months old.