REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #26
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
What on earth would they do? Piss test her right there? The truth doesn't matter. It's about what they can prove and if she simply said "No, sir.", that would probably be the end of it. Did they smell pot in the car? Did she seem high? Did she have pot arrests on her record? Probably not. Maybe she just looked like a hippie and with Washington's new laws, there must be some pot tourism now.

You're right...it's just her side but from what I read in the article, she could've just said "Nope." but instead, had to go all activist and admit a ton of drug use to a border guard.
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #27
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

You talk a big game.

With the border guard, its not about what they can prove, its about what YOU can prove. Innocent until proven guilty is not a motto they work off of
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #28
...in the world.

I do. I've talked about border tips in the Pt. Roberts shipping thread. I was caught once a long time ago trying to sneak a camera across the border but in the 10 years since, they haven't even looked in my car.

Knowing how to answer the questions is the easiest thing in the world if you're not a moron.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #29
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Good on your for willing to take the chance, especially after being previously busted. I for one don't have the cajones you do, but on the other hand it's not that hard to be a regular law abiding citizen. Hope your luck don't run out
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #30
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
I am with Ronin. I like my trips through the border to be as quick as possible. I'm not at the border to have some tea with DHS. I will give the responses that I know will get me through, efficiently. For the most part, I don't need to lie. However, if they ask questions about recreational drug use, like the Nexus interview, I will reflexively deny it without pause, regardless of the actual facts.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #31
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I am with Ronin. I like my trips through the border to be as quick as possible. I'm not at the border to have some tea with DHS. I will give the responses that I know will get me through, efficiently. For the most part, I don't need to lie. However, if they ask questions about recreational drug use, like the Nexus interview, I will reflexively deny it without pause, regardless of the actual facts.
This is pretty much exactly it.

Most of the time, I don't have to lie about anything but if I'm asked a question where I know the wrong answer means follow-up questions, then I'm giving the answer that gets me past the border the fastest.