REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Plate Flippers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/677749-plate-flippers.html)

CA_FTW 12-10-2012 11:17 AM

Plate Flippers

With the Port Mann Tolling..

a buddy and i were having a conversation about a Plate Flipper..

Ebay Plate Flipper

What could you be charged with.. My buddy was thinking Fraud..

Anyone?

bluejays 12-10-2012 12:39 PM

Probably just a failure to display license plate VI, dont think anyone would be dumb enough to actually show the cop the mechanism if they were caught in the first place

zulutango 12-10-2012 12:49 PM

Under the MV Act

13 (1) A person commits an offence if the person drives, operates, parks or is in charge of a motor vehicle or trailer on a highway

(a) without the licence required by this Act for the operation of that motor vehicle or trailer having been first obtained and being then in force,

(b) without displaying on it, in the manner prescribed, the number plates issued or designated by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia or otherwise prescribed to be displayed on that motor vehicle or trailer for the current licence year of that motor vehicle or trailer,

or

(c) that has displayed on it a number plate other than those issued or designated by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia or otherwise prescribed to be displayed on that motor vehicle or trailer for the current licence year of that motor vehicle or trailer.

(2) Every peace officer, officer or constable of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police or the police department of a municipality or inspector authorized under section 217 (1) (a) to inspect motor vehicles may seize a number plate that he or she finds detached from a motor vehicle or trailer, or he or she finds displayed on a motor vehicle or trailer other than the one for which it was issued, or that is required under this Act or by a direction of the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia to be surrendered, and may hold it until the receipt of instructions from the corporation as to its disposal.

You could also be charged for not having it installed horizontally 3.02, obstructed 3.03 or 3.01 not in accordance with the regs. You would have the flipper seized to prevent continuation of the offence...and maybe a verfy fine tooth comb would be run over, under, inside and outside your vehicle looking for other defects.

Sky_High 12-10-2012 04:17 PM

:facepalm:

Quicksilver 12-11-2012 04:04 PM

maybe if you did it once or twice, but if they saw the same car coming over the bridge at the same time every day, it would be very easy to set up and wait for you to come over.

Sango 12-11-2012 09:29 PM

Worse trouble for having that.

I remember this on Mythbusters!! Different devices but does the same thing but yeah... Wouldn't recommend doing that!

Yodamaster 12-11-2012 11:01 PM

Absolutely positively 100% undeniably illegal.

BrRsn 12-12-2012 02:43 AM

I thought this thread would be about some asshole that keeps running upto you when you're eating and flipping your plate and destroying your meal.

Man, that would piss me off so much!!

Iceman-19 12-20-2012 02:57 PM

I think he was trying to find out how much his fine will be when he gets caught, not advice on whether its a good idea to run one or not. Come on people.

inv4zn 12-20-2012 05:22 PM

Says the guy who flipped out about losing driver's licenses when the thread was about a cop losing his passport.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67734...-passport.html

zulutango 12-20-2012 06:41 PM

Plate flippers are similar to thread hijackers, only not quite as much a PITA.:failed:

Horditruck 12-25-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 8104946)
I thought this thread would be about some asshole that keeps running upto you when you're eating and flipping your plate and destroying your meal.

Man, that would piss me off so much!!

LOL, I find that fucking hilarious :lawl:

TOS'd 12-25-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horditruck (Post 8115742)
LOL, I find that fucking hilarious :lawl:

Until it happens to yourself. :okay: