REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
annoying kids on block

okay, heres the story, bare with me here:

on my block, theres about 2-3 guys that live in a basement suite(illegal suite), all it is is a room and a bathroom..no kitchen.

all they do is steal bikes and rip them apart and then rebuild them using all the spare parts and sell them.

my family's called the cops on them for suspicious behaviour a few times. sometimes theres up to 8 guys out there ripping bikes apart at a time.

well last week me and my neighbor were talking on the phone, and he told me hes going to call the rcmp's non emergency line...30 minutes later he called me saying a cops outside talking to them. so i look from my window, cops there for 15 minutes, then leaves. an hour later im at my neighbors house talking with him, and the cop calls him saying that he wrote down all the serial numbers on the bikes, and none of them came back stolen so theres really nothing he can do...

but lets face it, the bikes arent exactly 5000$ mountain bikes...who really writes down the serial numbers of a 10 year old bike?

anyways, the cop tells him that the kids say they're moving out on friday the 8th, and all the bikes will be gone by then, and if we're to see them bring in more bikes, or they haven't moved, give him a call again.

we gave them the benefit of the doubt, friday they cleared out a bunch of bikes outside and we didnt see them for the weekend. monday morning i wake up and as im going up the alley i see a bunch of ripped apart bikes sitting in the yard of the corner store...so i talk to him let him know...few days later...even more bikes there now...looks like a bike graveyard..we called the cops again this morning, but no cops have shown up yet.

anyways, the kids never moved, they basically went from ripping bikes apart from 5-12am to 12am - 5am. my father leaves for work at 5am and he sees them outside riding bikes and ripping them apart while drinking...

anything we can do to get rid of these kids? we've emailed the city letting them know its an illegal suite...but all they said was that they can check the house out, and if its illegal, they can have the owner remove the electrical for the fridge/oven and thats it and hope the ppl move out on their own...well...they dont even have a fridge or oven as it is...so that wont exactly help..

so yeah...anything we can do? a lot of us are starting to get pissed off at them, they throw all their garbage in the alley way, they steal bikes and rip em apart in plain view (sometimes bringing in 5-6 bikes a night we've seen) and we're ready to just grab all those bike parts they ditched in the stores lot and throw them all back into their yard...but we're scared they will be the ghetto fucks they are and break some windows and etc (ever siince they've lived there for the past few months, a LOT of cars on our street have been broken into more than once...)

any help here?
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
Move out of the ghetto?
Old 12-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #3

i dont live in a ghetto, just the one illegal basement suite on my block is the problem.

for anyone who lives in burnaby, i could probably describe this one kid whos always there and you'd know instantly who he is...

i wont describe him yet, but i'll say this about him, hes a kid whos banned from all fitnessworld gyms because he would go to the burnaby FW on kingsway with a duffle bag with bolt cutters inside, and cut locks and steal all the wallets he could. everyone in fitnessworld in burnaby used to talk about this ghetto kid. now hes on my block...

ps - we've also talked to the owner of the house, and he just shrugs it off saying as long as they're paying him to live there hes not going to kick them out.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Setup a sting with a bait bike, and film them in the act for more evidence.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Setup a sting with a bait bike, and film them in the act for more evidence.
Thought about that...buying a 50$ Craigslist bike and engrave something on it where it's hidden and chain it to a lamp post down the street. Once it disappears call cops and say I think they stole it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Most people don't record their bike's serial numbers, so when bikes we're 90% sure are stolen haven't been reported, not much we can do if we can't prove its stolen. It takes about 10 seconds to run a bicycle serial number to see if its stolen. You can do it too, using cpic online
Posted via RS Mobile
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
you expect us to read all that brah?
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Specter View Post
you expect us to read all that brah?
Then why bother replying "brah"?
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
anything we can do to get rid of these kids? we've emailed the city letting them know its an illegal suite...but all they said was that they can check the house out, and if its illegal, they can have the owner remove the electrical for the fridge/oven and thats it and hope the ppl move out on their own...well...they dont even have a fridge or oven as it is...so that wont exactly help..
If you can get the city to prove that there's an illegal suite, can't you also get Revenue Canada to go after them? They're not reporting their income.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

^^werd, having the CRA after your ass is worst then any cop
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingies View Post
^^werd, having the CRA after your ass is worst then any cop
That'll be my last resort, I've known the owner for 20 years, if he doesn't shape up, then that's what I'll have to do.

Thanks for that bit of info
Posted via RS Mobile