REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Witness needed for car accident at Grange St. and Sussex Ave. earlier tonight (https://www.revscene.net/forums/678065-witness-needed-car-accident-grange-st-sussex-ave-earlier-tonight.html)

jjson 12-17-2012 11:16 PM

Witness needed for car accident at Grange St. and Sussex Ave. earlier tonight

I was just involved in a car accident earlier tonight at around 8:30pm-9:00pm (December 17, 2012). I need a witness at the scene for the accident.
I was travelling east bound on Grange Street when I entered the intersection at Sussex Ave. at a green light and was T-boned by a 2002-2005 black civic (I didn't get his plate because I stayed in the car until police and parametics arrived on scene) heading on north bound on Sussex Ave. My car was pushed to the on coming side onto Grange Street. From the initial impact of the accident, I wasn't able to brake in time (I did not speed, just shaken up) and ended up hitting the car (2004 Champange colored Camry?) that was waiting for a left turn onto Sussex Ave. Fortunately, the second impact was minor compared to the first and it looks to me the front end of the car was fine (hood was opened up when firefighters/parametics came) except the bumper came off a bit.
I dialed 911 immediately and I was talking to the ambulance person at the time and he told me to stay in the car until they arrived.

Long story short...
The officer said there were witnesses saying that I ran a red light on Grange. I ended up getting a ticket as well.

Just want to see if anyone here was at the place at the time and saw what happened. Any help would be appriciated. TIA

donjalapeno 12-17-2012 11:22 PM

100 bucks and i was there

benwang 12-17-2012 11:24 PM

$99 for me

trollface 12-17-2012 11:29 PM

Best bet is to put up a sign. That and then buy a dash cam when all this is over.

inv4zn 12-17-2012 11:30 PM

Wait, so according to the witness and the cop who ticketed you, using my powers of deduction:

For you to have ran the red and been t-boned by the civic, he must have had the green. In which case the Camry shouldn't have been in the intersection.

If he t-boned you when you ran the red while the camry was waiting for you to pass him, the civic would have had a red as well.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me from what you're describing...maybe post up some signs in the area with a reward...there's a very slim chance of there being any on RS.

Also, dead serious, invest in a dash-cam. There's absolutely no reason to not have one anymore, and with winter weather approaching, the amount of retard drivers will increase exponentially.

Hope all works out well for you, and make sure you take the time to recover well.

jjson 12-17-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inv4zn (Post 8109695)
For you to have ran the red and been t-boned by the civic, he must have had the green. In which case the Camry shouldn't have been in the intersection.

If he t-boned you when you ran the red while the camry was waiting for you to pass him, the civic would have had a red as well.

Also, dead serious, invest in a dash-cam. There's absolutely no reason to not have one anymore, and with winter weather approaching, the amount of retard drivers will increase exponentially.

Hope all works out well for you, and make sure you take the time to recover well.

The Camry was not in the interesection at the time when I ran into it after being t-boned. My car ended up to be in the crosswalk section on the on coming side.

I instantly said that to myself after the accident. "I'm getting a dashcam for sure"

I am fine, just a little shaken from it and my gf's arm is in pain now because it hit her side and the side curtain airbag deployed.. Just pissed because of the situation with the witnesses

trollface 12-17-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjson (Post 8109709)
The Camry was not in the interesection at the time when I ran into it after being t-boned. My car ended up to be in the crosswalk section on the on coming side.

I instantly said that to myself after the accident. "I'm getting a dashcam for sure"

I am fine, just a little shaken from it and my gf's arm is in pain now because it hit her side and the side curtain airbag deployed.. Just pissed because of the situation with the witnesses

Both of you go see a doctor and get a check up. A lot of ppl are "fine" the day after the accident and stuff starts popping up a few days later that can last the rest of your life. GO TOMORROW! Take care of yourselves before the hunk of metal.

jjson 12-17-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollface (Post 8109716)
Both of you go see a doctor and get a check up. A lot of ppl are "fine" the day after the accident and stuff starts popping up a few days later that can last the rest of your life. GO TOMORROW! Take care of yourselves before the hunk of metal.

Will be going tomorrow for sure since she is having pains already.
Great fucking start to the winter holiday... hey at least friday will be the end of the world right?

adambomb 12-18-2012 04:10 AM

Well... Did you run the red light?

How can you be positive it was green when there are witnesses that say it was red. :confused:

If the Camry was not in the intersection and was behind the line. That tells me he was waiting for the light to change so he could turn. Stand and observe at any intersection in Metro Vancouver and you will notice on left turns, when the light goes green, most cars partially enter the intersection while waiting for their opportunity to turn. In your situation, you stated, the Camry was NOT in the intersection.

What does you not having the licence plate of the civic matter? I'm pretty sure the police have a record of it.
Why are you pissed at the situation? Because there was witnesses and they told the police the truth?

dkvby 12-18-2012 04:48 AM

so the camry driver said u run a red?

punkwax 12-18-2012 06:05 AM

Champagne Camry is clearly a douche. :ifyouknow: