REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   URGENT where can I get glasses made right away (https://www.revscene.net/forums/678227-urgent-where-can-i-get-glasses-made-right-away.html)

mb_ 12-22-2012 10:13 AM

URGENT where can I get glasses made right away

Long story short, broke my glasses (just the frame) and I'm virtually blind without them

Where can I get glasses made right away without breaking the bank? Need them before Thursday but getting them the same day would be even better

Serious replies only thanks
Posted via RS Mobile

ilovebacon 12-22-2012 10:17 AM

if i had broken my frames, they would give me contacts to wear till they fix it for me

mb_ 12-22-2012 11:01 AM

Where? I can live with contacts for a little bit but I just need something that will help me see right away
Posted via RS Mobile

CorneringArtist 12-22-2012 11:06 AM

You could try Lens Crafters or Image Optometry both in Guildford, but if your prescription is strong, the turnaround might be longer.

invader 12-22-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_ (Post 8113358)
Long story short, broke my glasses (just the frame) and I'm virtually blind without them

Where can I get glasses made right away without breaking the bank? Need them before Thursday but getting them the same day would be even better

Serious replies only thanks
Posted via RS Mobile

Sent you a PM

falcon 12-22-2012 04:35 PM

If your prescription is not that complicated you can have glasses overnight from Clearly Contacts.

mb_ 12-22-2012 06:50 PM

Thanks for the replies fellas. Unfortunately my prescription is so godamn high it's gonna take at least a week for a pair and with the holidays coming up, gonna take longer. For the time being I'm going to be wearing contact lenses which I'm not really used to :okay:

subordinate 12-22-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_ (Post 8113711)
Thanks for the replies fellas. Unfortunately my prescription is so godamn high it's gonna take at least a week for a pair and with the holidays coming up, gonna take longer. For the time being I'm going to be wearing contact lenses which I'm not really used to :okay:

Hate to be that guy, but this is why I take advantage of Cleary Contacts free glasses from time to time.

I use it to get a backup pair. for 15 dollars (shipping), it's a smart investment in the car, just in case you get in an accident or lose them.

Next time mb!

GabAlmighty 12-22-2012 07:13 PM

Ya, always good to have a back up pair. Before I had my eyes fixed I had my regular glasses, a back up pair, and contacts.

SkinnyPupp 12-22-2012 07:27 PM

I wonder if you can reuse the lenses you have since they aren't broken, just get identical frames?

Autorice 12-22-2012 09:01 PM

i went to lenscrafters in calgary. told me $275 for just the lenses when I stepped on one and said my frames was damaged beyond repair... i said sure but would take 10 days. i was only there for 2 more days. so i visited smart eyewear in richmond. $70 for just the lenses and includes all of those anti reflective stuff. had it done in 30 minutes for me. i bought a backup 'carrera' brand glasses so they reduced my lenses price. $240 for lenses and a spare pair.

z-33 12-22-2012 10:00 PM

robson optical has made my glasses on the spot for me. 200-300 bux for a nice frame and lenses.

Razor Ramon HG 12-22-2012 10:08 PM

The eyeglasses shop next to H-Mart on North Road got me a decent pair of lenses and frames for $100. It was made within an hour.

Vale46Rossi 12-22-2012 10:18 PM

Oh my Rachel Zane.... I love you.

Mr.HappySilp 12-23-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_ (Post 8113711)

Use your previous pair then. I am sure is better than not wearing any.

cocojoe 12-23-2012 12:06 AM

You can try one of the online eyeglass sites. I am sure they have rush delivery.

Windstar 12-23-2012 12:08 AM

Go to Parker Place. I don't remember the store but there's 2 glasses stores next to each other. Bring in your frames, bring in your lenses. Get them to match it up for you with a new pair of frames

mickz 12-23-2012 06:13 AM

I go to Art Face Optical just off Robson and Thurlow in Vancouver. It usually takes them about an hour.

BillyBishop 12-23-2012 12:06 PM

Give Paul a call at Basic Eyewear in Coquitlam

:: BASIC EYEWEAR OPTICAL::

mb_ 12-23-2012 12:51 PM

Thanks for your replies. I'm wearing contacts for the time being and since it's a holiday week might be a while till I get new glasses :okay:

Went to 3 different eye wear shops and none of them had frames that would fit my lens and the place I got my frames from a couple of years ago won't be open till Thursday. As for my frames, I fixed it temporarily just enough that I could drive home from work yesterday but it fell apart when I got home lol

@subordinate: I really regret not picking up a pair whenever they're free, gonna make sure I get on that right away when they have it again

Mr.HappySilp 12-23-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_ (Post 8114200)
Thanks for your replies. I'm wearing contacts for the time being and since it's a holiday week might be a while till I get new glasses :okay:

Went to 3 different eye wear shops and none of them had frames that would fit my lens and the place I got my frames from a couple of years ago won't be open till Thursday. As for my frames, I fixed it temporarily just enough that I could drive home from work yesterday but it fell apart when I got home lol

@subordinate: I really regret not picking up a pair whenever they're free, gonna make sure I get on that right away when they have it again

read my post, if contacts is really uncofortable use an old pair that you had. It won't be as good but I still think is better than contacts if you don't like wearing them.

underscore 12-23-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subordinate (Post 8113728)
Hate to be that guy, but this is why I take advantage of Cleary Contacts free glasses from time to time.

I use it to get a backup pair. for 15 dollars (shipping), it's a smart investment in the car, just in case you get in an accident or lose them.

Next time mb!

I got my glasses from Clearly Contacts during their free promo, the only problem is that stronger prescriptions require the more expensive lenses so mine still cost $100 after everything. A hell of a lot cheaper than normal, but still not free for anyone with a heavy prescription (unless you don't mind pop bottle lenses)

subordinate 12-23-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8114288)
I got my glasses from Clearly Contacts during their free promo, the only problem is that stronger prescriptions require the more expensive lenses so mine still cost $100 after everything. A hell of a lot cheaper than normal, but still not free for anyone with a heavy prescription (unless you don't mind pop bottle lenses)

Weird,

My prescription is strong as well, I didn't have to get the more expensive lenses.
Just kept the standard. This was during this year too.

mb_ 12-23-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8114228)
read my post, if contacts is really uncofortable use an old pair that you had. It won't be as good but I still think is better than contacts if you don't like wearing them.

Sorry missed your post. I'm fine with contacts, it's just putting them on that kind of bothers me.

As for an older pair, unfortunately the only one that's not broken has the weakest prescription so I can't use that. Gonna go on boxing day and see who can get me the cheapest glasses.

twstd_reality 12-25-2012 05:42 PM

If the frames are repairable try these guys.

All-Canadian Eyeglass repair
6817 kingsway
Burnaby V5E 1E4
604 540-2000

Mine broke right in the middle and they fixed it no problem. Nice guys. From the looks of it they welded it on somehow.

Edit: took less than an hour to fix.