REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   anyone here shop at J2 /sneaker box (https://www.revscene.net/forums/678385-anyone-here-shop-j2-sneaker-box.html)

canuckshockey 12-26-2012 06:25 PM

anyone here shop at J2 /sneaker box

anyone here shop or bought clothes from J2 or sneakerbox in metro, richmond or oakridge. what you think of their clothes? i liked a varisty jacket they had that was called ninjas rocksmith but was like 175 . kind of pricey since i paud 140 for a danier leather jacket last year and it was full leather.

i find its mainly for younger ppl like in college or under 25. im 32 and i found the jacket dont look so good on me

i do have to say their fashion looks nice but why is the prices so expensive at the stores.

juude90 12-26-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckshockey (Post 8116682)
i do have to say their fashion looks nice but why is the prices so expensive at the stores.

^because asian owner

Calbeee 12-26-2012 10:37 PM

if im not mistaken j2 is marked up quite a bit. a lot of their stuff can be found online for much cheaper prices.

i just bought a rocksmith explicit pom beanie online for 10$ shipped to my door. i don't know how much they sell it at J2 but im going to guess $30-$40.

tru_blue 12-26-2012 11:28 PM

ppl still shop at J2 ? :fuckthatshit: that garbage is for highschool kids who like clothing with big logos on them

tru_blue 12-26-2012 11:37 PM

didnt sneaky box at oakridge close down ages ago?

Calbeee 12-27-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru..azn (Post 8116976)
didnt sneaky box at oakridge close down ages ago?

they did. they just opened up a new one again at metro recently

dlo 12-27-2012 01:08 AM

Some stuff at j2 isn't bad... I love crooks and castle teeshirts ahah
Posted via RS Mobile

theevilslave 12-27-2012 01:22 AM

If you like the brands carried in J2/Sneakerbox, buying at those two stores is dumb. They really spike up the prices unnecessarily. Save hundreds of dollars by buying online; hell even Outfitters has cheaper/better stuff than both of them.

ParadiseLost 12-27-2012 09:43 PM

I've had 2 unique experiences with that store - one was a bad experience and the other is quite humorous.

Back in high school, being the financially immature kid I was, I bought a sweater off them for $130. A day later, two of the buttons fell off. I took it back and the owner sewed them back on, only to have them fall off a couple days later. I decided to just return the sweater and get a refund, but when I went, the owner says the item is now on sale and could only refund me the listed sale price. It was the first time I've ever bitched out a company (but certainly not the last) for having a total disregard for customer satisfaction and loyalty.

The second time, I went there and found a Wesc jacket I liked. It was being sold at J2 for $120 + tax. I take a look at the tag, retrieve the item number, googled it, and found it on Wesc's website for $60 shipped to my door - I then spent the next 4 minutes bargaining with the store owner to match the price but to no avail :fuckthatshit:

TLDR Fuck J2 and their lets-shit-on-our-customers culture and overpriced items

Calbeee 12-28-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParadiseLost (Post 8117670)
I've had 2 unique experiences with that store - one was a bad experience and the other is quite humorous.

Back in high school, being the financially immature kid I was, I bought a sweater off them for $130. A day later, two of the buttons fell off. I took it back and the owner sewed them back on, only to have them fall off a couple days later. I decided to just return the sweater and get a refund, but when I went, the owner says the item is now on sale and could only refund me the listed sale price. It was the first time I've ever bitched out a company (but certainly not the last) for having a total disregard for customer satisfaction and loyalty.

The second time, I went there and found a Wesc jacket I liked. It was being sold at J2 for $120 + tax. I take a look at the tag, retrieve the item number, googled it, and found it on Wesc's website for $60 shipped to my door - I then spent the next 4 minutes bargaining with the store owner to match the price but to no avail :fuckthatshit:

TLDR Fuck J2 and their lets-shit-on-our-customers culture and overpriced items

no offence but im gonna guess you haven't worked in retail before? the first scenario is normal but the second one is just plain annoying.

hkRicer 12-28-2012 08:07 AM

joe45, why are u keep making accounts on RS

MonkeyKing 01-04-2013 11:44 AM

I use to shop at J2 when Crooks & Castles was still hot but now they're stuff is just too overpriced. I find some of there stuff cool and unique but not worth the price tag.

Isaiah11 01-04-2013 12:52 PM

Shit I just bought a Herschel bag from J2

most of their clothes are too ridiculous and for overpriced for casual wear

but damn Joe, you're 32 now? time flies

blee123 01-05-2013 12:52 AM

the sales at J2 are usually pretty weak compared to other stores too :facepalm:
always 20-30% discount max on well known brands...

hkRicer 01-06-2013 12:40 PM

delete wrong post